There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

No, getting paid like one but he isn't the best. Up amongst them, but not the best.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
He is easily one of the top. I'm going to be looking forward to seeing how he does in Tampa, especially on December 15 .

already named a team captain on his new team.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many turnovers were a direct cause of Goldson in the last two years? Seemed like he was good for 3 ball jarring hits a year at the minimum and a few INT's. I think we will miss that part this year. Ried appears to be a safer cover guy but let's see if he can force some turnovers.

True. He also led the league in unnecessary roughness penalties. As we all know, several of them extended drives that hurt us. Not saying that evened it all out but it did take away from the impact of his strengths.

Personally, I think the fact he played on a winning team and made a bunch of highlight hits gave him a higher ranking than he deserved. Pro Bowl? Probably. All Pro? No way.

He was a good player for us but just like Whitner he may have received a bump because of the team he played on. Delanie goldson ike rjf can all thank the Niners just a little bit for the contracts they received. Saw the same thing with Jason David of the Colts after the 2006 season. He got overpaid by Saints because he won with a great team. Gold son is good and deserving but he is paid a little too much when you consider his coverage ability is not elite
No.
Anyone see how he has looked in PS?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many turnovers were a direct cause of Goldson in the last two years? Seemed like he was good for 3 ball jarring hits a year at the minimum and a few INT's. I think we will miss that part this year. Ried appears to be a safer cover guy but let's see if he can force some turnovers.

True. He also led the league in unnecessary roughness penalties. As we all know, several of them extended drives that hurt us. Not saying that evened it all out but it did take away from the impact of his strengths.

Personally, I think the fact he played on a winning team and made a bunch of highlight hits gave him a higher ranking than he deserved. Pro Bowl? Probably. All Pro? No way.

He was a good player for us but just like Whitner he may have received a bump because of the team he played on. Delanie goldson ike rjf can all thank the Niners just a little bit for the contracts they received. Saw the same thing with Jason David of the Colts after the 2006 season. He got overpaid by Saints because he won with a great team. Gold son is good and deserving but he is paid a little too much when you consider his coverage ability is not elite

Goldson's coverage ability is in the top 5 due to his ability to cover ground, his height, and ability to separate WR from the ball. Not very many safeties in the league with his size, speed, and change of direction.

His problem was that there were times he was a little too aggressive which would get him out of position. It wasn't a lot but the majority of the time he started for us, we did not have an offense that can overcome these types of mistakes often which made them appear even larger mistakes.
he played for the hit most of the time so his gambles cost us some times but he is a great safety. i want to see him in his new defense tho to determine if its lord fangios scheme or goldson who was just a badass
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Dashon who?

The Future is now
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

The Future is now

f**k i just got wet looking at that
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

The Future is now

f**k i just got wet looking at that

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/174625-sticky-penis/
Hardest hitting FS maybe...
I dont know about that...You have to remember he was injured for a couple years there before he finally broke into the scene in 2009 with Singleterd...There are some pretty good safeties in the League starting with one that we're going to face in Seattle this weekend.
I liked Dashon but he was a double edged sword with penalties accrued issuing the big hits not to mention how many times last year did he miss tackles or give up the big plays trying to knock someone out...I can remember several instances.