There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

• titan
  • Veteran
He was pretty solid for us. Covered a lot of ground, Big hitter..made players think twice, average in coverage..but everybody threw over the DLine and LB's since they were stout against the run game. I would'veike for him to still be a 49er, but not for the price he got.
he's probably the best enforcer as a FS but not in coverage. Overall, he's good, but not great.
mmmm his coverage skills still need improvement, and I think that and ontop of what he was looking for in terms of $$ made it a real easy choice to let go of.
no

/thread
Originally posted by GNielsen:
no

/thread

this.
Craig Dahl is
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
no

/thread

this.

that.
How many turnovers were a direct cause of Goldson in the last two years? Seemed like he was good for 3 ball jarring hits a year at the minimum and a few INT's. I think we will miss that part this year. Ried appears to be a safer cover guy but let's see if he can force some turnovers.
Originally posted by wailers15:
mmmm his coverage skills still need improvement, and I think that and ontop of what he was looking for in terms of $$ made it a real easy choice to let go of.

his coverage skills will never improve. you used to always see our corners hung out to dry on deep passes since he wasn't over the top. too busy headhunting. his overall speed was avg as well
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many turnovers were a direct cause of Goldson in the last two years? Seemed like he was good for 3 ball jarring hits a year at the minimum and a few INT's. I think we will miss that part this year. Ried appears to be a safer cover guy but let's see if he can force some turnovers.

more than he gets credit for.

for example.

very next play,

True. He also led the league in unnecessary roughness penalties. As we all know, several of them extended drives that hurt us. Not saying that evened it all out but it did take away from the impact of his strengths.

Personally, I think the fact he played on a winning team and made a bunch of highlight hits gave him a higher ranking than he deserved. Pro Bowl? Probably. All Pro? No way.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

more than he gets credit for.

for example.

very next play,

Notice it was on Hernandez.
Loved Goldsons big hit ability, and he was a pretty sure tackler and run stuffer, but his coverage skills lack and drove me nuts every year.
Reid > Goldy
He is easily one of the top. I'm going to be looking forward to seeing how he does in Tampa, especially on December 15 .