There are 74 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Dashon Goldson the best FS in the NFL?

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
franchise him again next year, then let his ass walk

This is very likely...
pay the man
Originally posted by schmons:
pay the man

in Starbuck gift certificates....
If we franchise him again, I think the cap should be going up in 2014, so we should have some extra space. But then again, maybe not considering the contracts that will be up around the same time.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If I can but-in: I think all of our defensive backs are getting A level coaching right now. Plus, he's been playing in the same or very similar system for years now and he knows the guys around him well. I think it would be hard to duplicate that if he went somewhere else. A lot of what he does has to do with trust in the guys around you and knowing the scheme like the back of your hand.

Solid post... I still think he would be top five anywhere he went cause dude is so physically gifted, but I agree with you.

Thanks. I learned from the best in the Smith thread.....

A lot of good knowledge articulated so well in that thread. Part 3 that is.

There should be a "Take a bow" smiley.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by SaksV:
lol at mentioning George Wilson

Lol that team he's on is trash but he's a pretty good FS over the years...what do you think about DeCoud?

Wilson isn't very good...Goldson's raked in more INTS in 3.5 years then Wilson has in 7.5 lol

how man sacks has the front 7 got vs ours, sometimes you can be a solid player but if the front can't get to the qb and throw the timing off it doesn't matter how great you our. Takes a team to be good, not just one player!
Dashon is a great safety and could be considered the best safety in the league by the end of this season.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by SaksV:
lol at mentioning George Wilson

Lol that team he's on is trash but he's a pretty good FS over the years...what do you think about DeCoud?

Wilson isn't very good...Goldson's raked in more INTS in 3.5 years then Wilson has in 7.5 lol

how man sacks has the front 7 got vs ours, sometimes you can be a solid player but if the front can't get to the qb and throw the timing off it doesn't matter how great you our. Takes a team to be good, not just one player!

Hard to say. I watch a lot of football, but I've never seen the front 7's "man sacks." Lol...
Not after today!
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Not after today!

Lol like anybody on the defense played worth a s**t
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Not after today!

Lol like anybody on the defense played worth a s**t

True. They were all horrible.
Great players aren't great in every single game. Even Jerry Rice had a few 3 catch 30 yard games in his brilliant career. I still want him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Great players aren't great in every single game. Even Jerry Rice had a few 3 catch 30 yard games in his brilliant career. I still want him.

You are right. Anyone can have a bad game.

What bothered me most about his play today was the two 15 yard penalties for unnecessary roughness.
Both of them seemed to be stupid--and he has at lest one other time this season made the same bonehead mistake.

If he can not control his emotions, he is not going to get the payday he wants.
not when it comes to his temper
What bothered me most about it was the position that we were in when they occurred. Stupid, boneheaded play that hurts the team. Especially when we were already down. A nice Singletary "can't coach with em, can't do it" would've served Goldson well here.