LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Cap room as of November 1st, NFLPA Version (49ers have $579K)

Shop 49ers game tickets
I find your posts more interesting to read, AB, then 98% of the press articles out there. It's so great to be able to see how the gears of the team work.

[ Edited by TTTT9ers on Nov 4, 2012 at 9:23 AM ]
Jesus AB ..you are amazing. Unbelievable. What do you do for work?
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Out of work right now. I'll be heading back to school for my degree in computer technology. Webdesign most likely. I thought about accounting, not sure if thats for me. I do this for fun, and I sometimes get obsessed with this. Hobby for me right now.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Out of work right now. I'll be heading back to school for my degree in computer technology. Webdesign most likely. I thought about accounting, not sure if thats for me. I do this for fun, and I sometimes get obsessed with this. Hobby for me right now.

Wow..well amazing. You seem like a really smart guy.

Wow..well amazing. You seem like a really smart guy.

Have been told that, just by family. I know my numbers, history is another thing. I have had issues with Depression, OCD, Anxiety and Bi Polar. I am currenty on SSI to help with my mom and sister. My mom has MS and sister as CP(Cerebial Paulsy). My mom had her arm basically shredded in a factory machine, where they make sand paper. Been on Disability for the last 15 years. She has 2 plates, one in arm, the other in neck from back surgery.

But I know my numbers and website design. I enjoy it. And for anyone who wants to see salaries for 2013, here is my link, http://www.draftwatchers.com/Salary-Cap and downloaded at http://www.draftwatchers.com/backups/nflsalaries.xls , and http://www.draftwatchers.com/backups/49ers.xls
I hit your site, AB. How does McDonald compare to his dad? I hate to say it but Goldson is a playmaker back there for us and he's going to leave a hole for us.

I also think that Goodwin is underrated and was a huge improvement over Baas.
Originally posted by ninergold:
I hit your site, AB. How does McDonald compare to his dad? I hate to say it but Goldson is a playmaker back there for us and he's going to leave a hole for us.

I like that he is a hard hitting FS, but I do fear another Taylor Mays. I'm leaning more towards to Vaccaro in rd 1, or John Jenkins(UGA NT) in rd 1.

I like Goodwin, but at 5M is a lot.
Originally posted by cciowa:
what would it do to your calculations if you sub the word ck in for smith in regards to cutting a quarterback. if you commit to alex and cut ck how does that change the mix? maybe i missed it but i assume we are also cutting dixons worthless ass

Whenever Kaepernick is ready, Alex is gone. His contract is structured perfectly for this move and I highly doubt it's coincidence.

If anyone believes Harbaugh can't mold an athletically superior QB than Alex Smith into an effective starter, they're only fooling themselves. Alex was a mess without Harbaugh (for the many reasons continuously brought up in his defense), so if someone doesn't think Kaepernick can be groomed to be at least as effective as Alex in Harbaugh's offense, they're in denial.

I am not trying to knock Alex, either. The whole situation just seems so obvious to me, especially because of Alex's contract allowing the team to release him without taking a big hit after this year.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 4, 2012 at 2:01 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I like that he is a hard hitting FS, but I do fear another Taylor Mays. I'm leaning more towards to Vaccaro in rd 1, or John Jenkins(UGA NT) in rd 1.

what is the back up plan if we let goodwin go? is his replacement on our roster do you think?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Whenever Kaepernick is ready, Alex is gone. His contract is structured perfectly for this move and I highly doubt it's coincidence.

If anyone believes Harbaugh can't mold an athletically superior QB than Alex Smith into an effective starter, they're only fooling themselves. Alex was a mess without Harbaugh (for the many reasons continuously brought up in his defense), so if someone doesn't think Kaepernick can be groomed to be at least as effective as Alex in Harbaugh's offense, they're in denial.

I am not trying to knock Alex, either. The whole situation just seems so obvious to me, especially because of Alex's contract allowing the team to release him without taking a big hit after this year.
i do disagree in a good way it is not obvious to me. if alex continues to play at a high level and as i said before he is on track to throw for over 3000 yards and around 20-25 touchdowns and if he leads us deep into the playoffs again, there is no reason to cut him. if alex goes out of his mind and wins a super bowl and has wonderfull stats well then i think the future of ck is in doubt . as many have said, the safe bet is to let them battle each other in the off season. i am pretty sure you will not catch the coach saying its a open spot either

Originally posted by cciowa:
what would it do to your calculations if you sub the word ck in for smith in regards to cutting a quarterback. if you commit to alex and cut ck how does that change the mix? maybe i missed it but i assume we are also cutting dixons worthless ass

Dang, CC. I'm not a fan of Dixon either, but you nearly have a vendetta.....
Blame Alex Smith. THe time is nao.

We can't keep jerking off having all of these overall number ones and superstars for cheap. When their contracts are up, other teams will swoop,Nnamdi style.

BTW Jacobs should either be in or cut. Not sitting out. Have him as a second RB or FB or something. Dude is either going to make this team worse or better
Cut Jacobs, for starters. IDK why we even picked him up.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

insurance. We didnt have a spot on our game day roster for players like Costanzo, Jones, Bakhtari. Players people on this board constantly complain about us letting go. But outside of Celek none of these players could replace anyone on the gamed day roster. Jacobs knew what he was getting into when he signed here and if someone was going to be inactive I'd rather have it be our insurance for our top 2 RBs then a #5/6 safety like Jones or #5 ILB like costanzo.

People forget that while they may be ST aces they offered nothing to the rest of the game plan.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

insurance. We didnt have a spot on our game day roster for players like Costanzo, Jones, Bakhtari. Players people on this board constantly complain about us letting go. But outside of Celek none of these players could replace anyone on the gamed day roster. Jacobs knew what he was getting into when he signed here and if someone was going to be inactive I'd rather have it be our insurance for our top 2 RBs then a #5/6 safety like Jones or #5 ILB like costanzo.

People forget that while they may be ST aces they offered nothing to the rest of the game plan.

I know it's a little off topic but I agree with you for the most part. The only move I would question is keeping Dixon over Cartwright. We don't use Dixon on offense so he only plays on special teams, and his ST play really isn't much to write home about.
Share 49ersWebzone