There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers vs Patriots ; How do the 9ers matchup ? Updated

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Brady can't handle blitzes up the middle. Move the launch point in his dropback and you'll disrupt his timing. I believe his pass protection is suspect. Eliminate Welker's drag route - that's Brady's security blanket. Roll high-low coverages towards Gronk. All the while doing what our defense does best - sound tackling with some (or a lot) punishing hits mixed in.

Offensively, we shouldn't have a problem with their porous defense. Pounding the rock consistently and effectively will keep Brady off the field and win us the T.O.P. battle. I like what Alex Smith is showing in terms of an economical passing game. If Harbaugh establishes 49ER FOOTBALL, victory is ours.

There isn't a QB alive who can play his best when there's consistent pressure up the middle. Getting it isn't as easy as it sounds, although SF probably has as good a shot as anyone.

The Patriots defense IS porous (though it has been better lately) but 'pounding the rock' is not the way to exploit it. NE has a top-10 rushing defense, and a bottom-5 pass D.
Originally posted by NorthEasterner:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Brady can't handle blitzes up the middle. Move the launch point in his dropback and you'll disrupt his timing. I believe his pass protection is suspect. Eliminate Welker's drag route - that's Brady's security blanket. Roll high-low coverages towards Gronk. All the while doing what our defense does best - sound tackling with some (or a lot) punishing hits mixed in.

Offensively, we shouldn't have a problem with their porous defense. Pounding the rock consistently and effectively will keep Brady off the field and win us the T.O.P. battle. I like what Alex Smith is showing in terms of an economical passing game. If Harbaugh establishes 49ER FOOTBALL, victory is ours.

There isn't a QB alive who can play his best when there's consistent pressure up the middle. Getting it isn't as easy as it sounds, although SF probably has as good a shot as anyone.

The Patriots defense IS porous (though it has been better lately) but 'pounding the rock' is not the way to exploit it. NE has a top-10 rushing defense, and a bottom-5 pass D.

Their run D stats look better than they really are because teams are usually abandoning the run in an attempt to come back from large deficits.
I feel a hell of a good night coming for us this Sunday night. Especially if Seattle continues their trend and blows it in the EST again at Buffalo. Wrap this b***h up with authority.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Culliver on Hernandez, Brown on Welker, Rogers on Lloyd with Safety Help.

I doubt we will be in man coverage like the Texans were most of the game doe.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Rogers on Welker
Culliver on Hernandez
Brown on Lloyd
Willis on Gronk
Aldon on Brady

I dunno man I think Welker would tear Rogers a new one.
The Houston game was very good for us to see how the Pats played against a top D. Fangio will have some surprises like he did against Brees.

Containing a great QB like Brady will be a long day. We'll have to keep hitting him hard and often to soften him up where he'll make mistakes.

Avoiding stupid drive killing penalties and not dropping passes will carry us over the top.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The Houston game was very good for us to see how the Pats played against a top D. Fangio will have some surprises like he did against Brees.

Containing a great QB like Brady will be a long day. We'll have to keep hitting him hard and often to soften him up where he'll make mistakes.

Avoiding stupid drive killing penalties and not dropping passes will carry us over the top.

Houston does not have a "very good D" your way off.

I live in houston and thats all Im able to watch here localy. They have played all scrubs, but once they played a "passing " team, Green Bay, Detroit, Jaguars , Titans , and Pats, they allowed more than 500 yards in each game, except for the titans that only put 400. Their D is very over rated and the stats indicating their D is anything but suspect are very misleading.

The secret to defend the Pats are the LB's. Something Houston does not have. If the LB can hold their own then Brady will not pass more than 200 Yards.
[ Edited by ziggy_gonna_rock on Dec 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM ]