LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

*** WEEK 9 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 11/1 - 11/5 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yall remember what Jerry Rice said last year?

Jerry Rice: Brandon Jacobs 'a little bit soft'

Quote:
"That goes to San Francisco," Rice said on SportsCenter, of rain favoring the Niners. "I like Ahmad Bradshaw, I like Brandon Jacobs but I feel like Brandon Jacobs is a little bit soft." "He can't get away from a defender," Rice continued. "This guy is 265 and it upsets me when I see him get tackled by a guy that's like 190 or 200 pounds."

That comment made no sense. He's soft yet his reasoning is he can't get away from people(hinting speed or quickness may be the problem) then lists his weight lol

Oh Jerry stick to playing football

no, what Jacobs was known for the last couple of years was that he would get tackled by DBs....he would try to juke them, instead of lowering his shoulder. Infact, Jacobs used to complain that DBs go for his legs too often instead of going head up with him.

he "challenged" our defense last year to go helmet to helmet with him and not go for his legs...lol.

there are few RBs that have adjusted to defenders going for their legs....but they are RBs that have bodies that are usually low to the ground. Jacobs is 6'4 its hard for him to get that low...his best bet is too use the stiff arm more or hurdle over someone...or f'it and shoulder charge and try to hurt a defender, even if it means being stopped there. Punish him right then and there for that play....it would cause a smaller DB to worry more about his health and maybe try to keep a Big Back running upright and be hesitant every time he has to help tackle him.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]

Quote:
"That goes to San Francisco," Rice said on SportsCenter, of rain favoring the Niners. "I like Ahmad Bradshaw, I like Brandon Jacobs but I feel like Brandon Jacobs is a little bit soft." "He can't get away from a defender," Rice continued. "This guy is 265 and it upsets me when I see him get tackled by a guy that's like 190 or 200 pounds."

That comment made no sense. He's soft yet his reasoning is he can't get away from people(hinting speed or quickness may be the problem) then lists his weight lol

no, what Jacobs was known for the last couple of years was that he would get tackled by DBs....he would try to juke them, instead of lowering his shoulder. Infact, Jacobs used to complain that DBs go for his legs too often instead of going head up with him.

he "challenged" our defense last year to go helmet to helmet with him and not go for his legs...lol.

there are few RBs that have adjusted to defenders going for their legs....but they are RBs that have bodies that are usually low to the ground. Jacobs is 6'4 its hard for him to get that low...his best bet is too use the stiff arm more or hurdle over someone...or f'it and shoulder charge and try to hurt a defender, even if it means being stopped there. Punish him right then and there for that play....it would cause a smaller DB to worry more about his health and maybe try to keep a Big Back running upright and be hesitant every time he has to help tackle him.

"He can't get away from a defender" is what he said. And it still doesn't add up to him being "soft"
Bad word usage.

I agree 100% he is soft because he's a huge dude he should be plowing people over. What he said though doesn't make sense
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div> "That goes to San Francisco," Rice said on SportsCenter, of rain favoring the Niners. "I like Ahmad Bradshaw, I like Brandon Jacobs but I feel like Brandon Jacobs is a little bit soft." "He can't get away from a defender," Rice continued. "This guy is 265 and it upsets me when I see him get tackled by a guy that's like 190 or 200 pounds."

no he said he gets tackled by a much smaller dude. Might wonna try understanding something before responding.

<blockquote class="quote"><div>Quote:</div>"That goes to San Francisco," Rice said on SportsCenter, of rain favoring the Niners. "I like Ahmad Bradshaw, I like Brandon Jacobs but I feel like Brandon Jacobs is a little bit soft." "He can't get away from a defender," Rice continued. "This guy is 265 and it upsets me when I see him get tackled by a guy that's like 190 or 200 pounds."

"He can't get away from a defender" is what he said. And it still doesn't add up to him being "soft"
Bad word usage.

I agree 100% he is soft because he's a huge dude he should be plowing people over. What he said though doesn't make sense Ya he can't run away with speed so he should f**k them up basically
All I want tomorrow is for the Vikings to win. Would love to troll the Seaturds message board tomorrow if they lose. This game kind of reminds me of the Redskins game in Link field last year. Seattle fans thought there was no way they lose and they did. I expect the same tomorrow with AP running all day on them.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
All I want tomorrow is for the Vikings to win. Would love to troll the Seaturds message board tomorrow if they lose. This game kind of reminds me of the Redskins game in Link field last year. Seattle fans thought there was no way they lose and they did. I expect the same tomorrow with AP running all day on them.

god,, do i really have to cheer for the packers and vikings today? oh the pain,, the pain
no 49ers football today
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Game Day around the NFL. Need ARI and SEA to lose.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
no 49ers football today

Stress free Sunday my friend!
Originally posted by NickV:
no 49ers football today

Yeah but I like the stress

Anyways time for the Cards and Seahawks to go down

stress free day of beer, popcorn, pizza, and more beer!

Oh, and losses to the Cards and Hawks, of course...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
NFL Redzone all day for me.
Originally posted by NickV:
no 49ers football today

Yeah but I like the stress

Anyways time for the Cards and Seahawks to go down

Yeah, football is my stress reliever. Without it, then I might take my anger out on something or someone else.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You got issues, bud. Can't be taking out your anger on people. Just do some exercise or something.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM ]
Washington Obamas 3 - Carolina Romneys 0

http://lindyssports.com/nfl/column/balzers-nfl-blog/obama-romney-to-watch-skinspanthers-game-closely/51408
Share 49ersWebzone