LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 132 users in the forums

Which NFL team do you hate most?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dirty birds! What Chuck Smith did to Garrison Hearst in the playoffs I will never forgive nor forget.
It's not hate. It's a strong annoyance and dislike.

First, it was the Rams. Then, the Cowboys. Then, the Redskins. Then, the Giants. Then, back to the Cowboys, back to the Rams and now it's the Seahawks.

Originally posted by NJNiner:
Dirty birds! What Chuck Smith did to Garrison Hearst in the playoffs I will never forgive nor forget.

Wow, that really brings up a sick memory. They were a nasty team with all that throat slitting and dirty birding. And, with a healthy Hearst, that Niner team really could have gone all the way.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Discussing football with Niner fans.

Rams fans only want to debate Bradford. Gets boring.

We had the same problem with Alex Smith. I feel your pain.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
Cowboys=Hawks=Giants!!!!

Pretty much the greatest post of all time. I'd add the Rams in there too. Seahawks=Rams=Cowboys=Giants. Not seeing near enough Rams hate on this forum. Must be a ton of younger fans on the zone. How can you leave the Rams out of any hate conversation. I've hated them my entire life. GO NINERS!!!
The cowboys !
Raiders and Cowboys!
The Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys. the Hawks are currently annoying. Thats all they are at the moment. But when they stop us from going to a SB and winning it . . . . . they will fall into the Cowboys zone of hate.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Pretty much the greatest post of all time. I'd add the Rams in there too. Seahawks=Rams=Cowboys=Giants. Not seeing near enough Rams hate on this forum. Must be a ton of younger fans on the zone. How can you leave the Rams out of any hate conversation. I've hated them my entire life. GO NINERS!!!

I notice that younger Rams' fans or St. Louis fans in general also don't hate the Niners the way they hate the Hawks. It's us fans from the LA days that remember the rivalry.

And, as you all like to point out - the Rams have not done anything recently to make you hate them. Maybe a little bit last year, but just barely.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I actually have always kind of liked the Packers. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that the people own them. When I was a kid growing up in SF, I really couldn't stand the Cowboys and the Rams because neither of those teams had the slightest respect for the Niners and they always were vocal about that. Your "fearsome foursome" used to talk trash about how they beat Brodie up and the Cowboys just said straight out that they had no respect for them.

That's just one reason why the 80's were such an awesome period for long-time Niner fans who had been following the team since the '60's. It started with Montana yelling "respect that Mother****er" at Ed Jones after they beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship and then they went on to pretty much own the Rams for more than a decade while the Cowboys fell by the wayside. A golden age for Niner fans.

This is when I became a Rams' fan. I remember the Niners at that time well. Might be because I lived in Arizona and not LA, but I remember the Niners being this great, unbeatable team that I respected - they were exciting to watch. Never really developed a hatred. Well except being frustrated when they played the Rams, and aware they were the enemy team.

I love and respect the Fearsome Foursome as a part of our history, but I did not get to watch them personally.

To many older Rams' fans, you are not a Rams' fan unless you hate the Niners and Pats. I do hate the Pats, as I experienced that reason. Except now they have Amendola. It will be very odd watching them this year, as I can't imagine not rooting for him.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Originally posted by NinerG94:

I notice that younger Rams' fans or St. Louis fans in general also don't hate the Niners the way they hate the Hawks. It's us fans from the LA days that remember the rivalry.

And, as you all like to point out - the Rams have not done anything recently to make you hate them. Maybe a little bit last year, but just barely.

Aside from the Dan Fouts days, there has only been a brief period where the Rams were the king of the mountain. Ever since Warner left, Wistrom and Pace retired they havent done much. Although Ill never forget that first beating the greatest show on turf laid on the niners, what was the score like 45-7 or something?

Originally posted by 5280High:
Aside from the Dan Fouts days, there has only been a brief period where the Rams were the king of the mountain. Ever since Warner left, Wistrom and Pace retired they havent done much. Although Ill never forget that first beating the greatest show on turf laid on the niners, what was the score like 45-7 or something?

Not as bad as that. First game was 42-20, second game was 23-7.

And yes, painfully aware of nothing since Warner. The final straw was Spag. I really have never hated anyone in football as much as I hated him as our coach. My favorite game of 2011 was the last one as I rooted for you to win so he would finally be fired. I was one of your best fans that game.

And now we have Fisher and are finally building back a football team.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Jun 25, 2013 at 8:20 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
New England. Hate Belichek and Kraft.
Historically, it's the Raiders and the Cowboys.

Currently, it's the Seahawks.
Historically, the Cowboys
Geographically, the Raiders
Divisionally, the Seahawks
Douchebaggery, the Patriots
Respectfully, the NYGiants
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Historically, the Cowboys
Geographically, the Raiders
Divisionally, the Seahawks
Douchebaggery, the Patriots
TRespectfully, the NYGiants