3. Seahawks
4. Cardinals
5. Falcons
6. Vikings
7. Giants
8. Eagles
9. Cowboys
10. Rams

Don't think the order is perfect but I think those are best 10 in conference.
Might wanna also do top 5 run defenses and top 5 pass defenses.

Those NFC east defenses for instance are all pass rush and secondary.
Seattle has a defense that's overachieving-and that's a good thing. I cannot name 2 players in their front 7. All i know is bruce irvin...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Seattle has a defense that's overachieving-and that's a good thing. I cannot name 2 players in their front 7. All i know is bruce irvin...

Red Bryant, Clemons, Mebane, Irvin...

Those guys are playing well and will give us fits
They also picked up Jason Jones who they use on pass rushing. KJ Wright is solid, Wagners one of the best rookie LB'ers, and Leroy Hill has been pretty good for years now. Seattles front 7 is pretty good all around, but I still think they are suspect at pass rush.
1. 49ers
2. Seahawks
3. Bears
4. Vikings
5. Falcons
6. Cardinals

After that I'm not sure. I think teams like the Giants, Rams, Eagles and Cowboys all have quality defenses but their offenses are inconsistent and I can see it taking a toll on their defenses. You could probably put Arizona/Kolb, Skelton in that group of inconsistent offenses since they have zero run game so all the pressure is on the quarterback so I dropped them to 6. Giants should be up their with all the talent they have but they only seem to play up to their ability when the season is on the line. Knock on wood for tomorrow.
[ Edited by WhoGotItBetterThenUs on Oct 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM ]
May need to rethink this after last nights lack of pass rush. It was only one game BUT when the pass rush gets contained or a scrambling QB like Minnesota then our secondary is very vulnerable.

The coverage wasn't as bad as Eli was good. He had excellent placement.

At this point, we're in the top 5.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

They have a better defense than we do at this point in the season.
Share 49ersWebzone