LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Scot McCloughan

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not a done deal, apparently the holdup is that Bruce Allen doesn't want to give up control over personnel........not sure why Snyder would even think about this but Snyder gonna Snyder no doubt.

apparently Bruce will be moved totally off personal decisions, but will be the Team's president.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago
Deal essentially now done -- Scot McCloughan is the new Redskins GM.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not a done deal, apparently the holdup is that Bruce Allen doesn't want to give up control over personnel........not sure why Snyder would even think about this but Snyder gonna Snyder no doubt.

apparently Bruce will be moved totally off personal decisions, but will be the Team's president.

Seems like there just might be a bit of tension in that FO if Allen is of that frame of mind.
Originally posted by lazy:
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m1 minute ago
Deal essentially now done -- Scot McCloughan is the new Redskins GM.

good for him, wish him the best...
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman 4m4 minutes ago
Scot McCloughan says Washington roster in better shape than #49ers when he arrived in 2005. Annual additions & Harbaugh had 49ers 'take off'

49ers didn't have a franchise QB
Redskins don't have a franchise QB
I think the situations are/were about the same.
It will be interesting to see just how well he does on his own. I believe Nolan (the GM) had just as much to do with our good picks as he did, and when Nolan was stripped of control Scotty brought is the Balmer/Rachal draft.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Talent-wise Washington will likely get better in the next few years with McCloughan as GM.

Calling BS on that....

why would you choose to call bs on that?

washington can hardly get worse lol

At some point they're going to get to draft.
Scot McCloughan says Washington roster in better shape than #49ers when he arrived in 2005. Annual additions & Harbaugh had 49ers 'take off'

Nah he's right on that one you couldn't get any worse than us in 04-05. We were like an expansion team in terms of talent.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Nah he's right on that one you couldn't get any worse than us in 04-05. We were like an expansion team in terms of talent.

its true. We were absolutely void of talent.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

its true. We were absolutely void of talent.

Yep. Thanks TDon .

But I am not sure that if I were a Redskins fan that I would welcome Scotty. I have no ill feelings towards him but I am not sure he is as good as some people seem to think. And I don't know how much anyone can do in a team owned by Snyder.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Yep. Thanks TDon .

But I am not sure that if I were a Redskins fan that I would welcome Scotty. I have no ill feelings towards him but I am not sure he is as good as some people seem to think. And I don't know how much anyone can do in a team owned by Snyder.

Just make sure you get a picture of him in every bar and liquor store that says "DO NOT SERVE THIS MAN!"
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
It will be interesting to see just how well he does on his own. I believe Nolan (the GM) had just as much to do with our good picks as he did, and when Nolan was stripped of control Scotty brought is the Balmer/Rachal draft.

This is an overlooked point. The drafts McClough an had without Mike Nolan (2008 and 2009) were among our worst.
wish him the best. he was in a bad spot in his life when he was with us. glad to see signs of him getting his life back together
How stupid are the Raiders for not hiring McCloughan and keeping McKenzie?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
No wonder he drinks lol First Washington PR says that is a fake account then McCloughan comes out and says it was her account...

http://thebiglead.com/2015/09/02/jessica-mccloughan-diana-russini-scot-mccloughan/
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 2, 2015 at 5:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone