There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Scot McCloughan

The two organizations are compared endlessly by the idiotic media, but Seahawks fans tend to compare things in a different way. Pete Carroll and John Schneider are given credit for this "exotic and innovative" way of shaping the roster (1,000+ transactions or something in that neighborhood). The point being, they came into a situation where they had to completely rebuild the team.

They also look at Harbaugh and Baalke as stepping into a situation where the roster was already loaded. That is true to an extent, but the way it's constantly exaggerated (IMO) is used to discredit what Harbaugh has done.

Because as a head coach, game planning, studying film, in-game adjustments, changing the offensive and defensive systems really account for nothing.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
No ill will for the man. If he is struggling, I hope he can get help.
Originally posted by fropwns:

This.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Seth Wickersham ‏@SethWickersham

Why is arguably the NFL's best talent evaluator on a farm,far from a team front office? My latest, on Scot McCloughan

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12014699/scot-mccloughan-nfl-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Sources: #Redskins reached out to respected personnel man Scot McCloughan about being a top executive for them. Was out of football in '14.
Boss
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by fropwns:

This.

Amen.

At one point or another we all need a hand up.
Here in the DC area, Skins talking about bringing him on
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Here in the DC area, Skins talking about bringing him on
From what I've read it's official. The Redskins have hired him as GM.
Time for him to celebrate... get drunk! Oh wait, nvm.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Jan 6, 2015 at 12:10 PM ]
bring him back on a 1 year deal
Good for WAS and good for Scott to get back on his feet. I hope he can get help like I did. I'll be rooting for him.
Jimmy Buffet playing in the back ground as he walks in
Talent-wise Washington will likely get better in the next few years with McCloughan as GM.