There are 158 users in the forums

Scot McCloughan

Shop 49ers game tickets
The real architect of our runs.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup.
Rooting for this dude to fight his demons. He loves the game and is good at what he does. Cleveland got a good one. Putting together a good FO. They can't possibly mess this up right?
In a side note.. he was on a talk show in sept (can't remember which one) he said BY FAR THE BEST QB IN THE COUNTRY IS Josh Allen. So, I'm thinking he'll go #1.
Originally posted by DickNasty:
In a side note.. he was on a talk show in sept (can't remember which one) he said BY FAR THE BEST QB IN THE COUNTRY IS Josh Allen. So, I'm thinking he'll go #1.

He was drinking a lot then

Mike Nolan.

When he was in charge of the draft, the 49ers got Frank Gore, Joe Staley and Vernon Davis.

When McCloughan was in charge the 49ers got Kentwan Balmer and Chilo Rachal.

He's in a perfect spot in Cleveland as the helper in what is shaping up to potentially be one of the best front offices in football.
McCloughan's one of the top front office dudes in the NFL, IMHO. For sure, he needs to conquer his demons...really hope he can. Excellent hire by Dorsey.
I like what CLE is doing with their FO
  • evil
  • Veteran

Does not mean he still feels that way. You said he said that in September, many games were played since.

Also Dorsey and Wolf may not agree with that assessment. Scot is a consultant, not the GM or Assistant GM.
  • Homer
  • Veteran

I recall him more recently saying his favorite is Mayfield

Congrats Scot!
I'm rooting for Scot, he took us singlehandedly out of the dark ages into contention. He did all that having Baalke and the Yorks as an anchor holding him down.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Mike Nolan.

When he was in charge of the draft, the 49ers got Frank Gore, Joe Staley and Vernon Davis.

He's in a perfect spot in Cleveland as the helper in what is shaping up to potentially be one of the best front offices in football.

Agree

They seem to be making the right moves - we'll see how they do in FA & the draft.

Will be very interesting.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Mike Nolan.

Agree

They seem to be making the right moves - we'll see how they do in FA & the draft.

Cleveland seems to be making some solid moves these days. Scot's really good at his job- imo- despite what teams like the skins think.
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Mike Nolan.

Agree

Cleveland seems to be making some solid moves these days. Scot's really good at his job- imo- despite what teams like the skins think.

Agree

I hope he can beat his demons.
Share 49ersWebzone