• Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Baalke!!!

Oh wait he isn't part of another club

Nope. He is still a FA.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason Cole‏ @JasonColeBR

John Wooten of Fritz Pollard Alliance said Washington has submitted plan to #NFL to reorganize front office w/out replacing GM position ..

... vacated by firing GM Scot McCloughan. Pollard Alliance is waiting to see what the plan is.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason Cole‏ @JasonColeBR

John Wooten of Fritz Pollard Alliance said Washington has submitted plan to #NFL to reorganize front office w/out replacing GM position ..

... vacated by firing GM Scot McCloughan. Pollard Alliance is waiting to see what the plan is.

As long as Snyder owns this franchise they will be a cluster phuck.
Originally posted by Jcool:

I hope they don't hire Adam Peters away from the Niners. He just got here!
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
I seen him at Spokane bar last night. Poor guy was a mess.

McCloughan? Damn shame. Kind of wish Lynch could find a job for him just to help him out. Guy knows his stuff.
[ Edited by English on May 8, 2017 at 6:38 AM ]
Another life wasted because of alcohol.

The man did/does have talent - what a shame and his family also suffer because of it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The team declined steadily beginning not long after Baalke took over and then sharply a few years into his tenure as GM.

The team declined once their key core players retired(Justin Smith, Willis) or got stupid(Aldon, McDonald).

Baalke was part of the reason why they were able to reach such a high level in 2011-2013. He was also the reason why the team couldnt recover from their player losses but lets not pretend that he didnt acquire some crucial pieces in 2010 and 2011 that helped make success possible.

Ironically his last draft has been praised pretty highly and could turn out to be a very good one if guys like Buckner, Garnett, Robinson and Blair continue to progress.

Had he drafted more like that consistently he'd still be the 49ers GM most likely.

Nah.

Harbaugh made Baalke look good.

I pretty much agree.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The team declined steadily beginning not long after Baalke took over and then sharply a few years into his tenure as GM.

The team declined once their key core players retired(Justin Smith, Willis) or got stupid(Aldon, McDonald).

Baalke was part of the reason why they were able to reach such a high level in 2011-2013. He was also the reason why the team couldnt recover from their player losses but lets not pretend that he didnt acquire some crucial pieces in 2010 and 2011 that helped make success possible.

Ironically his last draft has been praised pretty highly and could turn out to be a very good one if guys like Buckner, Garnett, Robinson and Blair continue to progress.

Had he drafted more like that consistently he'd still be the 49ers GM most likely.

Nah.

I pretty much agree.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Nah.

Having the NFL's best roster at the time obviously had absolutely nothing to do with that success.

Harbaugh and a great staff took a team Baalke had very little to do with, made it into a super bowl team which Baalke then decimated with terrible management and moved and to top it off, blamed Harbaugh and co. and destroyed the coaching staff.

We would have been much better off if Baalke never existed. Would we have been better off without Harbaugh? Not bloody likely since before that and after we look like the browns,

Yeah, in hindsight, I think he fooled a Naïve Jed. I hope Jed has learned his lesson. I wish we had Harbaugh back, but this Kyle Shanahan guy might work given he has the power over the GM that Harbaugh didn't have. We will see, time will tell.
Remember when Mike Mayock's name was being thrown around for the deadskins GM vacancy during the NFL combine? They must've thought the Niners hiring Lynch was such a crazy idea it just might work, which actually has so far. Deadskins obviously thought it wasn't really a great idea but still don't have a GM IIRC. Plus all Jay Gruden cares about is Cousins will be there in 2017. Enjoy his last year then.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Another life wasted because of alcohol.

The man did/does have talent - what a shame and his family also suffer because of it.

If he would have just taken Rodgers in 05' like we wanted, he would have never developed the alcohol problem.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Remember when Mike Mayock's name was being thrown around for the deadskins GM vacancy during the NFL combine? They must've thought the Niners hiring Lynch was such a crazy idea it just might work, which actually has so far. Deadskins obviously thought it wasn't really a great idea but still don't have a GM IIRC. Plus all Jay Gruden cares about is Cousins will be there in 2017. Enjoy his last year then.
The Snyder-Allen combo probably scares off 100% of the normally qualified candidates.
I hope he can beat his demons.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Hired by Cleveland.

If they can't turn this around with the front office people they have in place, they are just hopeless.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Hired by Cleveland.

If they can't turn this around with the front office people they have in place, they are just hopeless.

Cleveland FO is becoming a home for Ron Wolfe disciples.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Hired by Cleveland.

Cleveland FO is becoming a home for Ron Wolfe disciples.

Big time.
Share 49ersWebzone