There are 624 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Winston Rips Chiefs fans

Originally posted by WhoGotItBetterThenUs:
Millions of people disagree with Winston on this one and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a hypocrite on this issue. Boxers and MMA fighters get KO'd and the crowds erupt and I'd bet money Winston has partaken in the cheering in his life since most football players watch combat sports. People in KC don't like Cassell the way someone may not like Floyd Mayweather or Anderson Silva. Just because it happens to your guy, the guy you root for, it makes it sickening all the sudden when other people who are not fans of him watch him get KO'd? Nah, not buying it. The only difference here is that its socially unacceptable to cheer when a guy gets hurt on your team. But its okay to cheer when the Safety on your team destroys a WR coming across the middle. Well, until he gets carted off the field with an injury. Then we all cheer for him to get better even though we were all cheering for the big hit we just saw seconds earlier. Society is funny SMH.

You cant compare football to boxing/MMA, not all contact sports are the same. The only point in those are to knock the other guy out or hurt him so bad that he taps out.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
You cant compare football to boxing/MMA, not all contact sports are the same. The only point in those are to knock the other guy out or hurt him so bad that he taps out.

This

I remember the Whitner hit on Thomas, the park erupted in cheers for the big hit, then got quiet when they realized a player was injured, it was the total opposite in the Chiefs game, silence during the hit cheers after.
That game was my kind of game. Jamal Charles is a bad little mofo.

I remember I had him on my madden fantasy team about 4 years ago. He had crazy speed, but no power and I made it work.

That hit ruined the game for me to be honest, BUT this is football. It happens. Alex took some beatings last Sunday too.
It happens yes, but what kind of a*****e do you have to be to cheer when and because your own player is injured.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
reminds me of when Tim Couch was knocked out with a concussion and the Browns fans were cheering loudly... it's never okay but let's be honest who hasn't been happy one time or another when a player they don;t like gets hurt?
Originally posted by Paul:
reminds me of when Tim Couch was knocked out with a concussion and the Browns fans were cheering loudly... it's never okay but let's be honest who hasn't been happy one time or another when a player they don;t like gets hurt?

Might be in minority, but I never rooted for anyone to get hurt. I hope Barry Bonds goes away for Steroids, but never wished harm. I remember throughout 2001-2014 it was terrible, coming home from work on sundays, didnt even need to check, knew we lost, then did and was right. But never wished harm to anyone, not even Terrell Owens, who I hate to this day.
he sounds like a gay.

- Todd Packer
Originally posted by Ajanke:
he sounds like a gay.

- Todd Packer

Originally posted by Ajanke:
he sounds like a gay.

- Todd Packer

i was thinking that he would be the next football player to come out after retirement.
i was waiting for the lisp and or a finger snap.