There are 173 users in the forums

Head Coach Mike Nolan?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think we can all agree to the testament that he sucked as our coach. He almost was like a little brat justifying stupid things he did.

However, now? With that experience? I actually do believe he would be a decent coach. That team he took over was probably one of the worst ever...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I think we can all agree to the testament that he sucked as our coach. He almost was like a little brat justifying stupid things he did.

However, now? With that experience? I actually do believe he would be a decent coach. That team he took over was probably one of the worst ever...

No he wouldn't, there is a reason he never lasts anywhere as a coach... Everyone hates him and he doesn't seem to want to change that.

Would love to see him as a HC in our division. Cool to pencil in two wins per year.
[ Edited by dcsham on Oct 5, 2012 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:

No he wouldn't, there is a reason he never lasts anywhere as a coach... Everyone hates him and he doesn't seem to want to change that.

I'm not saying you're wrong -- but is there evidence that "Everyone hates him and he doesn't seem to want to change that?"

He went to Denver with the crazy man Josh McDaniels... I'm not hearing hatred coming out of Atlanta..

I have no idea if he'd be a good coach. But from an unbiased standpoint - I bet he'd be better than he was here.
If he had put as much energy into learning the coaching craft as he did with lobbying to wear his suits he would've made the HOF. That said, some owner will see his tan and GQ looks and say, "that's my guy".
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
If he had put as much energy into learning the coaching craft as he did with lobbying to wear his suits he would've made the HOF. That said, some owner will see his tan and GQ looks and say, "that's my guy".

My wife says he is the best looking 49er coach ever. He looked fantastic in a suit and tie...better than anyone I've ever seen on the sideline.

But he was/is a worthless f**k as a head coach, and soon his Atlanta defense will be exposed. Just like all of his defenses. Denver, Miami, Atlanta.
I really hate seeing this guys name
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Nolan days were dark, but not as dark as the time Dennis Erickson pretended to coach the 9ers.............

I think Sing was worse because he had so much more talent to work with. His talent level was just a notch below what Harbaugh currently has. Look at the different results... We would still be 6 - 10 with Sing or worse. Believe that.

Sing was not a good HC, but I think he could have survided if he had hired a decent OC. Sing didn't want to work with Baulke which turned out to be another mistake. Even with that my choice would be Singeton over Erickson.............

I think Nolan's down fall was also not settling on a decent OC. If Norv Turner had stayed with Nolan, I think the 9ers would have become a winning Playoff team and possibly a SB Champion.......
I dont live in the past ......but lets get it on! is it sunday ?
We had some pretty good talent drafted under Nolan and he layed the foundation for this team beleive it or not. He was the one who instilled the smash mouth never say die mentality that our players embrace. Nolan was also the one who was huge on the character of a player. Passing up many of good players via the draft and FA to change the attitude of this team. He cut out all of the locker room cancers and replaced them with high character guys. He also brought in Singletary who helped drive that point home with the players. Who better to preach it than a battle tested HOF hard nosed legend? Nolan is the one who should get credit for changing the attitude of this program. He wasnt much of a Xs and Os coach, but his work was/is the foundation and reason for our current success. Nolan couldnt keep an OC here and that was his down fall. If McCarthy or Norve would have stayed, Nolan might still be our head coach!
[ Edited by JBrack on Oct 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
I'm not saying you're wrong -- but is there evidence that "Everyone hates him and he doesn't seem to want to change that?"

He went to Denver with the crazy man Josh McDaniels... I'm not hearing hatred coming out of Atlanta..

I have no idea if he'd be a good coach. But from an unbiased standpoint - I bet he'd be better than he was here.

Its only been 4 games.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
After sabotaging Alex, I hope Nolan never gets another hc job.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Its only been 4 games.

He also went one and done with Miami.
I wanna die now. What's the best place to hide my body?
They completely changed coaching staffs there...he made their D a respectable one
Share 49ersWebzone