LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

*** WEEK 3 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/20 - 9/24 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
This is the pictures was talking about earlier.
I know Tate's LH is between the ball and Jennings chest.
This picture shows Tate's RH on the ball.
They bothhave possession and both are on the ground. WR has the ball and is down by contact TD.
I then can argue tate made a 1 handed catch and then secured it with the 2nd when Jennings is trying to wrestle it away.

Like I said, wrong call, but not the worst call these refs have done.

How is this not Jennings ball?

Bingo.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Frank Gore ‏@Frank_Gore We need to start a fund for @TJLang70 . Dat dude gonna get fined to the moon! #RogerGoodellSucks

is that really Frankie's twitter?! didn't even know he tweets
Originally posted by ImaMod:
This is the pictures was talking about earlier.
I know Tate's LH is between the ball and Jennings chest.
This picture shows Tate's RH on the ball.
They bothhave possession and both are on the ground. WR has the ball and is down by contact TD.
I then can argue tate made a 1 handed catch and then secured it with the 2nd when Jennings is trying to wrestle it away.

Like I said, wrong call, but not the worst call these refs have done.

No dude Jennings caught the ball. As he was going down to the ground Tate put his hand on the ball, didn't have possession of the ball and was fighting for the ball after Jennings was on the floor with possession of the ball

It was easily 100% an interception and the refs blew it in one of the worst calls I've seen in my life

Here is the rule:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneous by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains control.

Jenning clearly gained control first (caught the ball with both hands in the air) and Tate had subsequent control on the grown. So it should be ruled an INT because it's clearly NOT a simultaneous catch as defined by the rules.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by cubanb:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Awful Announcing ‏@awfulannouncing

Did Clay Matthews post Roger Goodell's phone number on his Facebook page? Is this the real? http://bit.ly/TtuppO ;(via@NickHietpas)

Just called and it is legit.

Timmy K. ‏@Kaiser_Roll22 @yowhatupbroth @NickHietpas @awfulannouncing Got Through it is his direct Office Number from what I can gather from the voicemail

Originally posted by verb1der:
Frank Gore ‏@Frank_Gore We need to start a fund for @TJLang70 . Dat dude gonna get fined to the moon! #RogerGoodellSucks

is that really Frankie's twitter?! didn't even know he tweets

looks like a fake now
How is this not Jennings ball?

Because watching the video I see tates left hand in the mix for the ball before Jennings ever brings it to his chest.

And I have seen way too many clean smooth 1 handed catches to say there is no chance tate caught that ball at the same time Jennings did.

For arguments sake...

Ornot for tates hand the ballhitsjennings in the sack and falls incomplete. Without bankings arms there tate secures it and brings it down.
Brandon Paul ‏@BP3 "the refs were solid tonight" - Helen Keller #MNF
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Because watching the video I see tates left hand in the mix for the ball before Jennings ever brings it to his chest.

And I have seen way too many clean smooth 1 handed catches to say there is no chance tate caught that ball at the same time Jennings did.

For arguments sake...

Ornot for tates hand the ballhitsjennings in the sack and falls incomplete. Without bankings arms there tate secures it and brings it down.

Lol, logic ain't gonna logic.

For arguments sake...

Tate had one hand on Jennings arm that is it when both fell to the ground. Tate only subsequently had both hands on it on the ground, after Jennings already had full possession.
Peyton's Head ‏@PeytonsHead #MNF ruined the taste of tapenade for me.

TOUCHDOWN SEATTLE??

Just about says it all there.

Hey NFL owners,

[ Edited by solidg2000 on Sep 24, 2012 at 11:05 PM ]
Originally posted by solidg2000:

didn't answer, lol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Here is the rule:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneous by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains control.

Jenning clearly gained control first (caught the ball with both hands in the ai) and Tate had subsequent control on the grown. So it should be ruled an INT because it's clearly NOT a simultaneous catch as defined by the rules.

On my phone so some of these are difficult to quote and cut.

Your last sentence
"Clearly NOT simultaneous possession"

This is what I am arguing. I cannot say that. I see tates left hand in the mix I see they both touch the ball and very close to the same time. 3 hands on the ball and I see a bunch of receivers make that catch without ever needing the 2nd hand.
Share 49ersWebzone