There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL looking to bench "bad" refs

Originally posted by Overkill:
LOL, okay - you want to play those games, huh? I can do that, too - Have you watched any preseason games at all?

These guys are no where close to the regular refs. The players have said as much. The coaches would if they could. Their "experience" is in NAIA and Arena League 2 games. There's a reason they weren't even working D1 college ball before now.

Pay these guys close to what they're asking and watch them accept accountability. The fact is that issue wasn't even raised until well into the lock out.

Lol, you have no clue about why these guys aren't working D-1. You ASSUME it's because they have no skill, but you have absolutely no knowledge of that. And the stupidity of your statement about paying the regular officials and then they accept accountability? Lol, that's ridiculous...I'm sure at whatever job YOU have you will do better if you just get PAID more. You probably belong to a teacher's union with that kind of mentality.

I've seen nothing in the preseason to show me that overall, these officials will not be just as effective as the "regular" officials that you love so much. There has been some inconsistency with terminology, but overall the calls have been consistant. In fact, it's refreshing to see officials who don't look to interject themselves into the game and leave their egos in check. I don't give a rat's ass if the "regulars" ever come back, just like MLB purged the crappy umpires about 15 years ago in a labor dispute. It's well past due.
[ Edited by dcsham on Sep 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM ]
and this thread just got popular lol
Originally posted by dcsham:
Lol, you have no clue about why these guys aren't working D-1. You ASSUME it's because they have no skill, but you have absolutely no knowledge of that. And the stupidity of your statement about paying the regular officials and then they accept accountability? Lol, that's ridiculous...I'm sure at whatever job you have you will do better if you just get paid more. You probably belong to a teacher's union with that kind of mentality.

I've seen nothing in the preseason to show me that overall, these officials will not be just as effective as the "regular" officials that you love so much. There has been some inconsistency with terminology, but overall the calls have been consistant. In fact, it's refreshing to see officials who don't look to interject themselves into the game and leave their egos in check. I don't give a rat's ass if the "regulars" ever come back, just like MLB purged the crappy umpires about 15 years ago in a labor dispute. It's well past due.

I watch D1 ball and I watched football this preseason. That's how I know.

If you have anything intelligent to say, than say it. Otherwise, you should save yourself the embarrassment of another ignorant "lol" post.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by dcsham:
Lol, you have no clue about why these guys aren't working D-1. You ASSUME it's because they have no skill, but you have absolutely no knowledge of that. And the stupidity of your statement about paying the regular officials and then they accept accountability? Lol, that's ridiculous...I'm sure at whatever job you have you will do better if you just get paid more. You probably belong to a teacher's union with that kind of mentality.

I've seen nothing in the preseason to show me that overall, these officials will not be just as effective as the "regular" officials that you love so much. There has been some inconsistency with terminology, but overall the calls have been consistant. In fact, it's refreshing to see officials who don't look to interject themselves into the game and leave their egos in check. I don't give a rat's ass if the "regulars" ever come back, just like MLB purged the crappy umpires about 15 years ago in a labor dispute. It's well past due.

I watch D1 ball and I watched football this preseason. That's how I know.

If you have anything intelligent to say, than say it. Otherwise, you should save yourself the embarrassment of another ignorant "lol" post.



You watch preseason football and D-1 football. Well, that certainly seperates you from just about everyone on here. I'm sure nobody else does that, so I bow down to your expert credentials..

Originally posted by dcsham:


You watch preseason football and D-1 football. Well, that certainly seperates you from just about everyone on here. I'm sure nobody else does that, so I bow down to your expert credentials..


Well, I guess that's the most intelligent post you could make, Mr "did you watch the Green Bay/Giants game". The fault is obviously mine for setting my expectations too high. Carry on.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by dcsham:


You watch preseason football and D-1 football. Well, that certainly seperates you from just about everyone on here. I'm sure nobody else does that, so I bow down to your expert credentials..


Well, I guess that's the most intelligent post you could make, Mr "did you watch the Green Bay/Giants game". The fault is obviously mine for setting my expectations too high. Carry on.

The fault IS yours because you make a ridiculous assumption that paying people more will make them accept accountability. By YOUR own reasoning, the "regular" officials must not have been accepting accountability for the last 10 years. And yet YOU want to bring them back. You also make the statement that there is a "reason that these guys aren't even officiating D-1" which insinuates that they are bad, and yet I doubt that you even had a CLUE about the reasons before making that statement. In fact, I doubt if you even have ONE clue about any of the replacement officials at all.

Just do some thinking before you make posting and perhaps they won't come across so poorly.
Originally posted by dcsham:
The fault IS yours because you make a ridiculous assumption that paying people more will make them accept accountability. By YOUR own reasoning, the "regular" officials must not have been accepting accountability for the last 10 years. And yet YOU want to bring them back. You also make the statement that there is a "reason that these guys aren't even officiating D-1" which insinuates that they are bad, and yet I doubt that you even had a CLUE about the reasons before making that statement. In fact, I doubt if you even have ONE clue about any of the replacement officials at all.

Just do some thinking before you make posting and perhaps they won't come across so poorly.

The issue was just raised this week. The response was:

"It proposed that the NFL could hire 21 additional officials but not pay them – it wants the current 121 officials to pay them."

Reading is fundamental. You might try doing some before posting. Or you could just keep embarrassing yourself.
Refs aren't calling holding on offense or defense holding the WRs.
Originally posted by dcsham:
The fault IS yours because you make a ridiculous assumption that paying people more will make them accept accountability. By YOUR own reasoning, the "regular" officials must not have been accepting accountability for the last 10 years. And yet YOU want to bring them back. You also make the statement that there is a "reason that these guys aren't even officiating D-1" which insinuates that they are bad, and yet I doubt that you even had a CLUE about the reasons before making that statement. In fact, I doubt if you even have ONE clue about any of the replacement officials at all.

Just do some thinking before you make posting and perhaps they won't come across so poorly.

This makes no sense at all. The cream rises to the top in any profession.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
just we just get the college replay system?

and if any calls get overturned a ref gets fined.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
just we just get the college replay system?

and if any calls get overturned a ref gets fined.


NFL.com story on Week One officiating memo disappears

In a move that calls into question the independence of the league-owned media conglomerate known generally as "NFL Media," a key story regarding the ongoing officiating lockout has been removed from the NFL.com website — and a reference to that story has been scrubbed from a related article.

On Sunday, Albert Breer of NFL Network reported on an internal officiating memo that, among other things, slammed the door on the practice of replacement officials working for individual teams during midweek practices. A source with no connection to the NFL or NFL.com or NFL Media pointed out to PFT on Monday that the story no longer appears on the NFL.com website. (The link redirects to a page with links to news items.)

The NFL has not yet responded to our request for comment. In the interim, however, we noticed that a reference (and link) to the officiating memo in the separate story from Breer regarding the official in the Seahawks-Cardinals game with Seahawks ties has been removed.

In the past, we've made casual reference to the reality that NFL.com and NFL Network necessarily operate within an inherent conflict of interest because those media companies cover the entity that owns them. This is the first tangible example (that we've noticed) of the NFL possibly censoring the content on NFL.com or NFL Network.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/nfl-com-story-on-week-one-officiating-memo-disappears/
Originally posted by jreff22:
NFL.com story on Week One officiating memo disappears

In a move that calls into question the independence of the league-owned media conglomerate known generally as "NFL Media," a key story regarding the ongoing officiating lockout has been removed from the NFL.com website — and a reference to that story has been scrubbed from a related article.

On Sunday, Albert Breer of NFL Network reported on an internal officiating memo that, among other things, slammed the door on the practice of replacement officials working for individual teams during midweek practices. A source with no connection to the NFL or NFL.com or NFL Media pointed out to PFT on Monday that the story no longer appears on the NFL.com website. (The link redirects to a page with links to news items.)

The NFL has not yet responded to our request for comment. In the interim, however, we noticed that a reference (and link) to the officiating memo in the separate story from Breer regarding the official in the Seahawks-Cardinals game with Seahawks ties has been removed.

In the past, we've made casual reference to the reality that NFL.com and NFL Network necessarily operate within an inherent conflict of interest because those media companies cover the entity that owns them. This is the first tangible example (that we've noticed) of the NFL possibly censoring the content on NFL.com or NFL Network.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/17/nfl-com-story-on-week-one-officiating-memo-disappears/

Well of coarse they would remove it. They don't want the fans being on their side. Just like what the Nfl channel did to the players, they made them look like the bad guys for being greedy. They want the fans on the nfl's side, not the refs. Besides the ref don't have the kind of power as the players, the nfl getting sued by the players helped them get the nfl to play ball.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 17, 2012 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Originally posted by dcsham:
The fault IS yours because you make a ridiculous assumption that paying people more will make them accept accountability. By YOUR own reasoning, the "regular" officials must not have been accepting accountability for the last 10 years. And yet YOU want to bring them back. You also make the statement that there is a "reason that these guys aren't even officiating D-1" which insinuates that they are bad, and yet I doubt that you even had a CLUE about the reasons before making that statement. In fact, I doubt if you even have ONE clue about any of the replacement officials at all.

Just do some thinking before you make posting and perhaps they won't come across so poorly.

This makes no sense at all. The cream rises to the top in any profession.

This always makes me think of a man cumming when they say Cream Rises to the Top. No s**t, keep stroking b***h!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
This always makes me think of a man cumming when they say Cream Rises to the Top. No s**t, keep stroking b***h!

...