LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Parys Haralson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?
Originally posted by taney71:
I think it is a huge reach to call Haralson a "very important piece to this defense". Here's my list of "very important" pieces:

1) P. Willy
2) J. Smith
3) A. Smith
4) N. Bowman
5) C. Rogers

Boarderline "very important" pieces are Whitner, Sopoaga, and Goldson.

After that there are important players but ones that could be replaced without a drop off. I would put McDonald, Haralson and Brown in that group.
Borderline? Who ever starts is very important piece. Do you see any safeties worth a crap after Whitner and Goldson on the rooster and Willis and Bowman are not the same with out Soap clogging up the middle. Laughable
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Haralson was over his head as a starter. He won't be missed.
mayo.. with smith and books hurting, he was huge, now he is out, we have a 35 year old we have to rely on for more than just five snaps a game plus he could be suspended and we do not know if smith and brooks are 100 per cent in green bay against rogers. I admire you and your penis but i think you are underestimating things a bit given our current situation at outside linebacker

Yeah, I am being a bit sarcastic about Parys. It does put us in a bind, as far as depth and I'm not really very high on Haggans and his 35 year old legs. And, thanks for mentioning my penis. It has started to tingle a little.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Haralson was over his head as a starter. He won't be missed.
mayo.. with smith and books hurting, he was huge, now he is out, we have a 35 year old we have to rely on for more than just five snaps a game plus he could be suspended and we do not know if smith and brooks are 100 per cent in green bay against rogers. I admire you and your penis but i think you are underestimating things a bit given our current situation at outside linebacker

Yeah, I am being a bit sarcastic about Parys. It does put us in a bind, as far as depth and I'm not really very high on Haggans and his 35 year old legs. And, thanks for mentioning my penis. It has started to tingle a little.
we look out for our own
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows #49ers knew about Haralson's injury before releasing Bakhtiari, Alama-Francis, et al... @MAL1GAYA Any chance the #49ers sign bakhtiari?

they knew about his injury, they bring in a guy who could get suspended for the first game against a great team. jesus f**king christ
Haralson was decent overall and fairly good against the run. I don't think any of the other guys that they had in camp were good in the run department so they signed Haggans instead. First important injury in my opinion, along with Jacobs. So people can't say we were lucky.

Unless Aldon can learn on the quick this is an injury that will certainly affect the defense.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Haralson was decent overall and fairly good against the run. I don't think any of the other guys that they had in camp were good in the run department so they signed Haggans instead. First important injury in my opinion, along with Jacobs. So people can't say we were lucky.

Haggans has tons of experience in the 3-4. I think that was highly valued as he'll have to learn on the fly Fangio's terminology in the playbook.
Haggans had a better year than Haralson last year, just saying.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Who didn't have a better year than parys Haralson?
Good luck to Haralson in his recovery.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
he is 35 and , if he plays sunday, is being asked to play every down. that is a little different than being asked to come in for relief. I can not believe people who are pooh poohing this
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Haggans has tons of experience in the 3-4. I think that was highly valued as he'll have to learn on the fly Fangio's terminology in the playbook.

Yeah, good point. I think if he can just fill the role of Haralson against the run and some coverage skills, they don't need him to pass rush. Aldon will be that guy.
hey isn't that a*****e joey porter availible?.....usually i don't call players names, especially when a respond to others who do the same....but i'll never forget what porter did to todd heap years back when both played for the same division........if some don't remember todd heap was obviously injured on a play and basically limped his way back to the line of scrimage...i'm talking a bad limp..it was obvious he was going to go out as soon as the ravens spiked the ball to stop the clock. (i think they were out of timeouts] ....as soon as the hiked and spiked it, porter who was lined up directly in front of heap pushed him to the ground....and of course heap was bent over wasn't expecting it and fell and was in more pain.......any way that all being said, im sure porter can still rush the passer and maybe set the edge...if haggans struggles.
he is 35 and , if he plays sunday, is being asked to play every down. that is a little different than being asked to come in for relief. I can not believe people who are pooh poohing this

They expect Aldon Smith to play more downs as a full time OLB anyways, so it depends on Aldon's progression at the position too. He has a chance to take over the position and may put Haggans on the bench. We will have to see...

why would he play every down when we have Aldon Smith and Brooks?
Share 49ersWebzone