LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Parys Haralson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Haggans is better than Haralson.
Haggans is 35 and he's not a better player than Haralson.
Haggans is a stop-gap OLB. I will admit I'm not a Haralson fan, but until we actually find a longterm solution that is better, he is needed. Did we even offer Cam Johnson a spot on the practice squad?
so a left arm injury.......anybody remember him getting hurt?
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Why do you think that Aldon was limited as a part time player last year? First it was to learn the 3-4 and bring the heat on passing situations....but Harelson was our best run stopping OLB....Brooks was there but Parrys proved himself for years...I say he is a very important, and being that he has been here longer than anyone has on our D....he is a leader as well.

Agree. Experience is very under appreciated at times but Haralson had a pretty good all around game. I was amazed at the niners D against the run, not just the three linemen or even the linebackers but the DBs did a great job as well. Well coached and everyone knew their jobs. With Aldon being held out the last two games the team may miss Haralson more than ever.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I just can't imagine if it was a serious injury that they would cut all but 2 other OLB's. What good is Hagans going to be if he's suspended for the first 4 games? If Haralson is out for an extended period we are still potentially looking at just 2 OLB on the roster for the first 4 games.

Bruce Miller to defense... hey, if we are throwing out wild speculations... and the coaches love 2 way players.

I have no clue what is going on... not much on this makes sense to me.
Could they be thinking of Grant or Gooden moving to outside in a pinch?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Could they be thinking of Grant or Gooden moving to outside in a pinch?

Doubtful. Grant might be big enough to hold point, but I don't think Gooden is.

They had Dobbs playing OLB in preseason.

Justin Smith can also play OLB... just not nearly as well as RE.

I'm sure it'll get sorted. Not worried.
I can't believe a thread about the backup olb is one of the top discussions before our first game.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by taney71:
I can't believe a thread about the backup olb is one of the top discussions before our first game.

It's pretty important considering both starters have been injured recently.

How long has it been since Aldon was stabbed?

This is bigger than you think. We had a deep, effective front seven last year. Our front seven was the strength of our team. Rotating guys in and keeping them fresh is important. Also, he has some pass rushing skill and rushing the passer will be as important as ever this year (look at our schedule). You shouldn't overlook guys like this. Keep the f'n injury bug away from here.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

I agree.
Originally posted by sacniner:

This is bigger than you think. We had a deep, effective front seven last year. Our front seven was the strength of our team. Rotating guys in and keeping them fresh is important. Also, he has some pass rushing skill and rushing the passer will be as important as ever this year (look at our schedule). You shouldn't overlook guys like this. Keep the f'n injury bug away from here.

I don't mean to down play it. Just amazed we aren't focused on the offense or some other issue.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I agree.

Cool. I get what you're sayin' now.

I agree.

Cool. I get what you're sayin' now.

Isn't it nice that a back up position is the biggest worry? I love the depth of this team! And it should just get better with all the picks being accumulated...and FAs want to stay and play!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Isn't it nice that a back up position is the biggest worry? I love the depth of this team! And it should just get better with all the picks being accumulated...and FAs want to stay and play!

Yep. Present and future looking good!
Share 49ersWebzone