LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Parys Haralson

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
He either goes on ir today or we have to drop someone else. I never liked only having three olb
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Maiocco just said on twitter "49ers have warned everyone not to talk about him"

I wonder how Harbaugh threatens the media....

I took it as he warned the players, but your interpretation works as well.

wow i think he will go on IR
Originally posted by taney71:
If I had my way Harlason would start the season and have Smith as the backup. However, I trust the coaches on this one and hopefully Smith doesn't have a soph. slump.

The OLB position may replace WR as the black hole of the team. Three injuries during camp with two of the possibly being for the season...ouch! At least it's not MLB or QB!
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
He is very important, given our lack of OLB wouldn't you say?

Well, since I'm defining "very important" more as what players "make" the 49ers defense what is it I would say no. I doubt there will be much play drop off if we get a good OLB through FA to replace Haralson. I couldn't say the same if we did that for Brooks and Smith.

Why do you think that Aldon was limited as a part time player last year? First it was to learn the 3-4 and bring the heat on passing situations....but Harelson was our best run stopping OLB....Brooks was there but Parrys proved himself for years...I say he is a very important, and being that he has been here longer than anyone has on our D....he is a leader as well.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The OLB position may replace WR as the black hole of the team. Three injuries during camp with two of the possibly being for the season...ouch! At least it's not MLB or QB!

Yeah, that's not good.
With Maiocco saying the team was told not to talk about it, a ding kind of went off in my head. This is complete speculation, but this certainly reminds me of when players get a staph infection. Mysterious injury, instructed silence from the team, etc. Just thought I'd throw out a wild, speculative guess since no information seems to be forthcoming.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Why do you think that Aldon was limited as a part time player last year? First it was to learn the 3-4 and bring the heat on passing situations....but Harelson was our best run stopping OLB....Brooks was there but Parrys proved himself for years...I say he is a very important, and being that he has been here longer than anyone has on our D....he is a leader as well.

Good argument. I still don't see him in that light. However I respect your opinion and don't completely disagree with it.
Originally posted by patty_t:
With Maiocco saying the team was told not to talk about it, a ding kind of went off in my head. This is complete speculation, but this certainly reminds me of when players get a staph infection. Mysterious injury, instructed silence from the team, etc. Just thought I'd throw out a wild, speculative guess since no information seems to be forthcoming.

Dont think we did that last year when Ice got one.....?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
AB--Haralson's sack total went down last year because Aldon was taking away many opportunities.

We don't know how Aldon will hold up playing every down and it does worry me that we need to replace a main back up at this stage of the season. Hope the scheme is the main reason for the D being so dominant, but no one ran on this team's defense last year--will they be as deadly without Haralson? Hope so!

Edit--Darn it Hofer! You beat me to it!
The message bears repeating.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Dont think we did that last year when Ice got one.....?

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/10/05/sopoaga-reportedly-battling-staph-infection/ There's a few blog reports out there talking about "mysterious infection" and "49ers would not confirm" for Ice. This is one of them. It's totally just a guess from me, but seems logical. Josh Morgan had it a coupe years ago, Ice got it last year, RJF had it as well. As I recall, it was always some vague reference to injury and lots of secrecy.
Harbaugh's got me so messed up, I wouldn't doubt if this mysterious injury really isn't an injury at all. It could be an elaborate scheme to mess with the Packers and their game planning....

Next Topic: Bigfoot: A government cover up story.
  • dj43
Haralson was a very important part of the run defense. His ability to seal the edge forced everything inside to the monsters waiting there. His sack numbers were not great but that was due in part to the fact he was being asked to seal the perimeter before rushing the passer. That included defending screen areas.

Don't overlook the importance of him not being in the lineup. If he is out for any extended period of time the run defense will not be as good.

The 49ers were very fortunate last season in the injury category. This season is not starting off as well. Let's hope this is a blip and not a trend. Teams with winning records invariably have low injury rates. Last season was unusually low. This year is starting off on a more "normal" pace. I don't like it but that is the nature of the game.
Padre nuestro, que estás en el cielo.......
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I took it as he warned the players, but your interpretation works as well.

Yeah, it sounds more like a warning to players.

It actually makes me think he's gonna get cut or traded.

I guess we'll find out eventually.

Pretty weird s**t, though.
Share 49ersWebzone