There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Parys Haralson

Is a waste of a roster spot
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
haralson should get cut! haralson sucks! haralson bla bla...insert nonhearlded 9er should get cut sucks....same o'l pathetic as s**t. if you are not a "top" 9er u will get s**tted on by your 9er fans base.

It's not being s**t on, fact is he has gone downhill since his extension in 2009, he hasn't produced at all. Should of cut ties, makes too much at $2.45M, compared to a guy like Haggans at $925K($54)K with vet minimum credit).

Can Haggans stop the run as well as Parys? I guess we'll find out the old fashioned way.
Haralson played admirably last season for us as a starter on the league's finest defense. He wasn't the force of a pass rusher that you would hope for your OLB to be but he was a fine player nonetheless as he did the other things such as setting the edge tackling and run support. I agree we should not trash such a valuable contributor but I trust the front office will do their best to bandaid the situation. If he is let go I am sure it would be purely a move for the betterment of this team. I believe in cheering my 49ers and not booing them when they work so hard for us.
AfriKan is the ultimate players advocate, warranted or not.

Just saying
Where is the Maiccoo tweet saying he may go on IR?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Where is the Maiccoo tweet saying he may go on IR?

Matt Barrows
His eyes are red and itchy like two goats in a pebble patch.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
He haz gets no sacks so he is the suxors becuz that iz hows you tell who iz goood and whose iz bad. Setting da edge on run plays iz for p***ys and droping in 2 cuvrage iz not importent. Special teems iz also stoopid, Harris Parylson nevr did nuthing 2 help this teem win.
Barrows says he doesn't know the extent of Haralson's injury. Him reporting that he may be out for an extended period of time or go on IR is merely idle speculation on his part.
Its laughable how many people think Haralson is making too much money and he is the top backup at two of the most important positions on the defense
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Its laughable how many people think Haralson is making too much money and he is the top backup at two of the most important positions on the defense

What has Haralson done lately to make him ok at $2.45M this season.

2009 when he got his new deal he got 5 sacks, 2010 4 and 2011 2, prior in 2008 he had 8, he dropped off every year.

I don't see how he is great run stopper, he doesn't have high tackle numbers. is His best season tackle wise was 2009 with 45 tackles, he has had 4 tackles(06), 42(07), 39(08), 45(09), 42(2010) and 30(2011). That isn't great production for a player making over 2.5M a year.

He is just like what happened with Shawntae Spencer, got a big deal, then went to s**t. Sopoaga did it too, till he finally woke up and played great last year.

People flip flop over salary issues. 1 day it's need to save, then money isn't an issue, when it is. Less than 900K right now under the cap, and doesn't look good in 2013, 3.3M under. Can't even sign draft class with 3.3M, and then retain any of the free agents, Moss, Jacobs, Sopoaga, Goldson, Walker, RJF.

Fans are in for a rude awakening in 2013, we kept all 11 starters plus Aldon, but in 2013, Goldson and Sopoaga could be sent packing. Every team is going through this with the flat cap issue.
Also haggans is as productive then as Haralson is and has been.

Haralson- Since 2006, 202 Total Tackles, including 21.5 sacks

Haggans- Since 2006, 320 Total Tackles, including 24 sacks.

Plus Haggans played in the 3-4 in Pittsburgh, so he is familiar with the defense.
Haggans is better than Haralson.
Haralson is a good role player. If we can replace him, fine, but let's not suddenly call the guy trash. Not every guy on the roster can be a Pro Bowler fellas.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
It's not being s**t on, fact is he has gone downhill since his extension in 2009, he hasn't produced at all. Should of cut ties, makes too much at $2.45M, compared to a guy like Haggans at $925K($54)K with vet minimum credit).
Apparently Baalke/Paraag disagreed with this because if Haralson was asked to restructure and he refused he likely would've been released. Even if he's overpaid by a Mil or so that hardly cripples us cap wise so I can see why it wasn't a big issue.
[ Edited by SFrush on Sep 3, 2012 at 12:33 AM ]