There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Parys Haralson

Originally posted by cciowa:
and thier solution was to sign someone who they knew may not play sunday. oh well as along as we have our little blue shirts, we should be ok. anyone know if brooks or smith are 100 per cent sunday? if we have no haggens and they have to play the whole game i wonder how that will work out. even at 100 per cent they still need a break , oh i forgot.. miller at fullback can see if he can play linebacker, yes rogers will have fun with that one

Do you ever not act like the sky is falling?

For crying out loud, there are redundant backups at MLB you can kick a guy to the outside to finish a game, you dont have to pull our starting corner or Fullback. Quit using strawman agruements to prop up your panic attack. You act like we are the Patriots without Tom Brady here....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
and thier solution was to sign someone who they knew may not play sunday. oh well as along as we have our little blue shirts, we should be ok. anyone know if brooks or smith are 100 per cent sunday? if we have no haggens and they have to play the whole game i wonder how that will work out. even at 100 per cent they still need a break , oh i forgot.. miller at fullback can see if he can play linebacker, yes rogers will have fun with that one

Do you ever not act like the sky is falling?

For crying out loud, there are redundant backups at MLB you can kick a guy to the outside to finish a game, you dont have to pull our starting corner or Fullback. Quit using strawman agruements to prop up your panic attack. You act like we are the Patriots without Tom Brady here....
what exactly did i say that was not true? do we know if they are 100 per cent? do we know if clark can play sunday? you act like its not big deal we can just kick a middle backer to the outside esp against the packers and rogers. you are just whisting past the graveyard or the endzone in my opinion. and while we are at please explain to me the rationale behind signing a guy for a key spot in the team when they knew there is a good chance he would not play sunday? this is not f**king tinker toys,, you can not be plugging round pegs into square holes and "hope" for the best.
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,332
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I find it amazing how many screamed from the mountain tops for Haralson to be cut for the entire offseason and are now completely paniced that he is out for the year. For the record I thought it was crazy to cut him as the primary back up, but the guy is far from irreplacable. I think we can get enough out Haggens if Aldon steps up to an every down guy, and the odds of needing Haggens much in the time he stands to be suspended arent all that bad...and guys of Bahktiari's quality can be had off the street should something horrible happen (knock on wood)

I think it will end up being a blessing in disguise, someone will step in and prove to be much better then Haralson. though I doubt its Haggans

Could be Dobbs, may be the reason Niners kept Celek, shelve the Dobbs at TE experiment for now, and let him focus on OLB/DE

Haggans backs up Brooks (Until we find someone better) Dobbs backs up both Smiths on the right side
Hopefully someone like Cam Johnson becomes good enough to step in during the season
[ Edited by cools on Sep 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM ]
I like you, cc, but I think others are right in this case to tell you to chill a bit. Your posts.. whether genuine reflection or not.. sometimes do come off as panic and excessive concern.
I think his concerns are completely justified especially with our first 2 games being 2 of our tougher ones.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I like you, cc, but I think others are right in this case to tell you to chill a bit. Your posts.. whether genuine reflection or not.. sometimes do come off as panic and excessive concern.
i am happy for you that you think we are just fine and everything is hunkey dorey with our current outside linebacker situation. 2 guys who may or may not be 100 per cent and a 35 year old who may not play. just saying that made me feel better
Originally posted by cciowa:
what exactly did i say that was not true? do we know if they are 100 per cent? do we know if clark can play sunday? you act like its not big deal we can just kick a middle backer to the outside esp against the packers and rogers. you are just whisting past the graveyard or the endzone in my opinion. and while we are at please explain to me the rationale behind signing a guy for a key spot in the team when they knew there is a good chance he would not play sunday? this is not f**king tinker toys,, you can not be plugging round pegs into square holes and "hope" for the best.
A Middle linebacker playing outside for one game is hardly a square peg in a round hole... be reasonable or I am done discussing this. The rationale is that he is a quality veteran back up for the rest of the season and our front office is confident they can get through a few games without throwing away good players for ever to obtain lesser back ups short term and best case scenario it could be only one game....lastly the front office must think they are healthy enough...if they were not at least close to 100% clearly they would have made a bigger move.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
what exactly did i say that was not true? do we know if they are 100 per cent? do we know if clark can play sunday? you act like its not big deal we can just kick a middle backer to the outside esp against the packers and rogers. you are just whisting past the graveyard or the endzone in my opinion. and while we are at please explain to me the rationale behind signing a guy for a key spot in the team when they knew there is a good chance he would not play sunday? this is not f**king tinker toys,, you can not be plugging round pegs into square holes and "hope" for the best.
A Middle linebacker playing outside for one game is hardly a square peg in a round hole... be reasonable or I am done discussing this. The rationale is that he is a quality veteran back up for the rest of the season and our front office is confident they can get through a few games without throwing away good players for ever to obtain lesser back ups short term and best case scenario it could be only one game....lastly the front office must think they are healthy enough...if they were not at least close to 100% clearly they would have made a bigger move.
i am reasonable. in my opinion I have raised very legit questions about a area of concern in a area that is supposed to be one of our stregnths and one in which we have no clue as to the health of the only two guys we have on the current roster for this position. In my opinion i have raised legit questions about how the front office has chosen to handle this when they knew this would be a problem . thier solution to sign a player who they knew may not play for up to three games is idiotic in my opinion. you have given me your theory and i thank you for that and it is up to you whether or not you choose to continue to further engage in the discussion.Just because i do not drink the bathwater of the front office and JH on this issue does not make me panicky as you say, here is a news flash you can question the front office and coach on decisions and still be a fan
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am reasonable. in my opinion I have raised very legit questions about a area of concern in a area that is supposed to be one of our stregnths and one in which we have no clue as to the health of the only two guys we have on the current roster for this position. In my opinion i have raised legit questions about how the front office has chosen to handle this when they knew this would be a problem . thier solution to sign a player who they knew may not play for up to three games is idiotic in my opinion. you have given me your theory and i thank you for that and it is up to you whether or not you choose to continue to further engage in the discussion.Just because i do not drink the bathwater of the front office and JH on this issue does not make me panicky as you say, here is a news flash you can question the front office and coach on decisions and still be a fan
No question, you raise legit questions in an area of concern to all fans.

You are also overstating: "we have no clue as to the health of the only two guys we have on the roster for this position."

We fans may not have all the info, but the coaching staff obviously has a "clue" about the health of A. Smith and A. Brooks.

And the front office is obviously in touch with the coaching staff about the team's personnel needs.

So feel free to react as you wish, but if you choose to do so in a manner which is not just critical, but outright mocking of the Niners, then you can expect some disagreement.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
what exactly did i say that was not true? do we know if they are 100 per cent? do we know if clark can play sunday? you act like its not big deal we can just kick a middle backer to the outside esp against the packers and rogers. you are just whisting past the graveyard or the endzone in my opinion. and while we are at please explain to me the rationale behind signing a guy for a key spot in the team when they knew there is a good chance he would not play sunday? this is not f**king tinker toys,, you can not be plugging round pegs into square holes and "hope" for the best.
A Middle linebacker playing outside for one game is hardly a square peg in a round hole... be reasonable or I am done discussing this. The rationale is that he is a quality veteran back up for the rest of the season and our front office is confident they can get through a few games without throwing away good players for ever to obtain lesser back ups short term and best case scenario it could be only one game....lastly the front office must think they are healthy enough...if they were not at least close to 100% clearly they would have made a bigger move.
i am reasonable. in my opinion I have raised very legit questions about a area of concern in a area that is supposed to be one of our stregnths and one in which we have no clue as to the health of the only two guys we have on the current roster for this position. In my opinion i have raised legit questions about how the front office has chosen to handle this when they knew this would be a problem . thier solution to sign a player who they knew may not play for up to three games is idiotic in my opinion. you have given me your theory and i thank you for that and it is up to you whether or not you choose to continue to further engage in the discussion.Just because i do not drink the bathwater of the front office and JH on this issue does not make me panicky as you say, here is a news flash you can question the front office and coach on decisions and still be a fan

Dont worry CC it will be alright they have a plan in place.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
what exactly did i say that was not true? do we know if they are 100 per cent? do we know if clark can play sunday? you act like its not big deal we can just kick a middle backer to the outside esp against the packers and rogers. you are just whisting past the graveyard or the endzone in my opinion. and while we are at please explain to me the rationale behind signing a guy for a key spot in the team when they knew there is a good chance he would not play sunday? this is not f**king tinker toys,, you can not be plugging round pegs into square holes and "hope" for the best.
A Middle linebacker playing outside for one game is hardly a square peg in a round hole... be reasonable or I am done discussing this. The rationale is that he is a quality veteran back up for the rest of the season and our front office is confident they can get through a few games without throwing away good players for ever to obtain lesser back ups short term and best case scenario it could be only one game....lastly the front office must think they are healthy enough...if they were not at least close to 100% clearly they would have made a bigger move.
i am reasonable. in my opinion I have raised very legit questions about a area of concern in a area that is supposed to be one of our stregnths and one in which we have no clue as to the health of the only two guys we have on the current roster for this position. In my opinion i have raised legit questions about how the front office has chosen to handle this when they knew this would be a problem . thier solution to sign a player who they knew may not play for up to three games is idiotic in my opinion. you have given me your theory and i thank you for that and it is up to you whether or not you choose to continue to further engage in the discussion.Just because i do not drink the bathwater of the front office and JH on this issue does not make me panicky as you say, here is a news flash you can question the front office and coach on decisions and still be a fan

Dont worry CC it will be alright they have a plan in place.
susweet is trying to make me feel better. we have entered a strange unexplored area of the webzone
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
All this speculation and complaining make all of you just as bad as jets and eagles fans. The niners knew of haralsons injury before they made final cuts. Clearly they were not happy with the choices they had on the roster, and clearly they feel they can run their defense as it currently stands. If not, they wouldn't have cut the players they did. Has anyone signed bhaktiari yet? What about josh johnson? Calm down and enjoy the season. Yikes.

I thought you knew that everyone here knows more than Harbaugh and Baalke.

What neither of you seems to appreciate is that half the fun of this and any fan site is the Monday morning quarterbacking. I'd venture to say that half, or more, of the posts on any topic would disappear if we couldn't second guess and speculate. I don't think, or at least hope, that most of us realize we aren't smarter or more qualified than Harbaugh et al. But that shouldn't stop the opinions from flowing or the occasional b***hing. And, let's be real, it's not like coaches and GM's haven't made a mistake or two. Even our venerated Bill Walsh must have, though I can't think of any right now. LOL. So, I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder about the OLB situation and to be a little concerned that we only have 2 for sure, that are available for possibly the first 3 games of the season, and one of them is only now, converting to that position; not to mention the specter of injuries to either or both. Then what? Isn't it natural to ask those questions? Sheesh!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
All this speculation and complaining make all of you just as bad as jets and eagles fans. The niners knew of haralsons injury before they made final cuts. Clearly they were not happy with the choices they had on the roster, and clearly they feel they can run their defense as it currently stands. If not, they wouldn't have cut the players they did. Has anyone signed bhaktiari yet? What about josh johnson? Calm down and enjoy the season. Yikes.

I thought you knew that everyone here knows more than Harbaugh and Baalke.

What neither of you seems to appreciate is that half the fun of this and any fan site is the Monday morning quarterbacking. I'd venture to say that half, or more, of the posts on any topic would disappear if we couldn't second guess and speculate. I don't think, or at least hope, that most of us realize we aren't smarter or more qualified than Harbaugh et al. But that shouldn't stop the opinions from flowing or the occasional b***hing. And, let's be real, it's not like coaches and GM's haven't made a mistake or two. Even our venerated Bill Walsh must have, though I can't think of any right now. LOL. So, I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder about the OLB situation and to be a little concerned that we only have 2 for sure, that are available for possibly the first 3 games of the season, and one of them is only now, converting to that position; not to mention the specter of injuries to either or both. Then what? Isn't it natural to ask those questions? Sheesh!

i think he is saying we are supposed to be sheep and follow along with the theory that signing a 35 year old who may not be able to play up to the first three games of the year is a good plan just because the front office and JH says it is. if you disagree then you automatically want nolan back and you are not a true fan
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,912
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont worry CC it will be alright they have a plan in place.
when kyle williams fumbles a punt and when crabtree drops three in the chest sunday I will remind you this is all part of the plan
Originally posted by cciowa:
susweet is trying to make me feel better. we have entered a strange unexplored area of the webzone

haha we have came full circle.