There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Parys Haralson

Surprise weapon! Miller to the rescue!
Originally posted by YungAce:
Damn, OLB was already the thinnest part of our team. Good thing we were able to sign Haggans. I think he has enough in the tank to at least contribute from the backup OLB position.

He started last year. I think he can come in and play well as a back up.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

Because he clearly isn't ready to be the primary backup OLB. Considering he missed much of TC I can't imagine the coaching staff having much faith in him.


Tim Ryan said in the SD game he wasn't strong enough to shed the blocks of big linemen, and that it wasn't unusual for a rookie to need a year in an NFL weight room to compete. If we see him this year, I think we'll be in desperate shape.


Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

Because he clearly isn't ready to be the primary backup OLB. Considering he missed much of TC I can't imagine the coaching staff having much faith in him.


Tim Ryan said in the SD game he wasn't strong enough to shed the blocks of big linemen, and that it wasn't unusual for a rookie to need a year in an NFL weight room to compete. If we see him this year, I think we'll be in desperate shape.

But it is as a pass rusher that we might need him most. In that, I saw Johnson work a very effective bull rush to pressure the QB on that night.
OLB is the weakest position on the team because of injuries. I still think we should pickup another OLB. But who else is gonna give us quality depth at the position? OT is the next position of concern but we are heavy with guards and I gues Boone or big Leonard Davis could play the position in case of emergency. But like OLB more than
One injury here and we are toast.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Why not Cam Johnson?????

Good question. Can someone answer?
Cam needs developing. He's a major project from what I saw in the final preseason game.
a lot of people hate on haralson, but he has been pretty good for the past couple of seasons.

Was he supposed to be LT? no, but I think he has been good for what has been asked of him
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Surprise weapon! Miller to the rescue!

I would laugh so hard if he came in as a 3rd down DE.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Surprise weapon! Miller to the rescue!

I would laugh so hard if he came in as a 3rd down DE.

I'm not expecting this, but I wouldn't be shocked.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm not expecting this, but I wouldn't be shocked.

He's big enough, he's strong enough and gosh darn it...he can do it! Would be quite a surprise but I would love to see it...always love seeing two way players.
Off topic but Michael Clarke Duncan died

There goes my choice to replace Haralson!
haralson kinda got thrown under the bus last year by all the aldon smith hype. but who was the OLB opposite brooks on the best rushing defense in the league? haralson. aldons ready to start but we have no clue if his overall play is as good as his pass rushing. we now have 2 OLBs basically. ya i know we signed ths guy from az but this is the niners defense. our best bet for abackup was bakhtiari but no let him go he performed too well in preseason. this news of parys bein out all year is just one big fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkk
RIP Glenn Coffee
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Surprise weapon! Miller to the rescue!

I would laugh so hard if he came in as a 3rd down DE.

I'm not expecting this, but I wouldn't be shocked.
I was gonna point that out but you guys preempted me. I would not at all be shocked to see Bruce Miller at OLB. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if JH & Co. are keeping him under wraps so he can't be prepared for.
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,378
Waiting for niner fans to slap the injury prone label on haralson.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Waiting for niner fans to slap the injury prone label on haralson.