LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
He was the ONLY CB to even make a play on the ball last night...not the receiver AFTER he caught it...but the actual ball. What a concept eh?

PS: I see Rogers is still 1/2-assing it out there as always. How does a DB coach watch film every week of Rogers and say, "You're our best option next week!"

Rogers did make a play on one pass late in the second quarter. He dropped it though.
Originally posted by SFrush:
He was the ONLY CB to even make a play on the ball last night...not the receiver AFTER he caught it...but the actual ball. What a concept eh?

PS: I see Rogers is still 1/2-assing it out there as always. How does a DB coach watch film every week of Rogers and say, "You're our best option next week!"

Rogers did make a play on one pass late in the second quarter. He dropped it though.

LOL. I was just about to post that! Good looking out...
Guy has played very good this year. Hope he continues his good play as we go forward.
Not knowing what Cully will look like post-injury, I'd rather keep Brown and cut Rogers
Brock is great, but I'm scared his ball hawking high risk high reward play is going to bite us in the ass in the playoffs.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Brock is great, but I'm scared his ball hawking high risk high reward play is going to bite us in the ass in the playoffs.

Or it will seal a W!
kids legit. probably our best cb.
LOL. I was just about to post that! Good looking out...

It's most likely his last season with us. Next year's draft is going to be a quality CB class.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Is there ANY way we could keep Brown and dump rogers?

Yes when culiver gets back. Culiver may move to safety. Darn autocorrect

Why do that when Culliver can play outside?

Culliver was our best corner for 2 years just cause he had a bad SB and tore his ACL people are quick to move on.

Cully and Brock on the outside, resign Wright and have him cover the slot. Bring back Daryl Morris and draft a high CB with the Chiefs or our own 2nd.

This is or should be the plan. We'll have some serious guys that can cover, plus Eric Reid and HOPEFULLY Donte Whitner. I think since Whitner really wants to stay, he won't try to break the bank.

Does anyone think that with the improved talent level of the secondary that Fangio should be comfortable calling blitzes a little more often?
This is or should be the plan. We'll have some serious guys that can cover, plus Eric Reid and HOPEFULLY Donte Whitner. I think since Whitner really wants to stay, he won't try to break the bank.

Does anyone think that with the improved talent level of the secondary that Fangio should be comfortable calling blitzes a little more often?

they're good enough to cover blitzes now

we have man to man corners not zone corners

brown, brock, wright all flourish when they have a man they're responsible for.

zone does nothing to take advantage of their speed and ball hawking skills

Hell no to resigning Whitner. He's our weakest link on D imo. What I have nightmares of is teams targetting Whitner in the playoffs.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I wanted this guy waived before the season LOL. Dude is ballin!!
Tramaine did a terrific job fighting for that ball ,even as it went up over the receiver's head, Brock still was going after the ball. The fact that Bowman was paying attn. and is a ball hawk himself really paid dividends. It was the difference between being 11-4 and 10-5. Damn that was the weirdest play I have seen ever...but , it happened due to Tramaine fighting for it(and not just tackling the guy) and Bowman being jonny on the spot, and luckily for us, agile, good hands, and not only big and strong, but also fast. Incidentally, without an injury, Tramaine would still be on the bench, the guy he replaced would have tackled the guy, and we would have lost.
next year this guy will be the best corner in the league. hes always making plays, hes aggressive, solid in his assignments and always seems to be making big plays. cant wait to see him starting all year next year and hopefully becoming a household name in the playoffs this year!!!
Send Singeltary a Christmas card for this jem and many others on D!!
Share 49ersWebzone