There are 338 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trust me I do like Brock as depth for the 9ers, I just don't think hes a starter or should be guarding the opposing teams number one receiver. Hes done some good things this year, but you gotta admit hes been inconsistent.

He's nasty and has one quality that can't be taught, a nose for the ball. You may have a better eye than me, but from what I've seen he's been 1st string and a steal at the price.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Trust me I do like Brock as depth for the 9ers, I just don't think hes a starter or should be guarding the opposing teams number one receiver. Hes done some good things this year, but you gotta admit hes been inconsistent.

He's nasty and has one quality that can't be taught, a nose for the ball. You may have a better eye than me, but from what I've seen he's been 1st string and a steal at the price.

Brock is legit.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

I gotta agree that Brock has a knack for finding the ball. If you had asked me at the beginning of this season if I would feel comfortazble with him starting I would have said NO. However his recent play makes me think he would succeed in a starting role.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Is there ANY way we could keep Brown and dump rogers?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Rogers salary is high and I believe we will end up cutting him next season if he does not agree to renegotiate his contract.
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

I doubt it. I think Brown is gone regardless and we were going to cut Rogers anyway. I'm fine going into next season with Brock, Wright, Culliver (already 3 starting caliber corners) Darryl Morris, and a top draft pick. Who knows, maybe lightning will strike twice and Baalke can find another Marcus Cooper type of player in the 7th round. Remember, we have to get Eric Wright signed (who will probably give us a real hometown discount, thank God) and Chris Culliver's contract is up next season.
Yes he made two good plays tonight, but for the amount of snaps he played, he was burnt toast. And that Roddy White TD that Reid gave up was Brocks assignment too, only he couldn't keep up with White on that play.

Brock was expecting Reid to be the safety help.
Reid made more mistakes this game than he's had in the past few weeks. Although, he did his part on the most pivotal play of the game(he brought pressure on that pick).

Brock anticipates well and has good catch up speed. He's more than just "depth". He's a starter for a very good defense. Not bad for a converted safety whose still young and learning.
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Yes when culiver gets back. Culiver may move to safety. Darn autocorrect
[ Edited by LBSI9ers on Dec 24, 2013 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Why do that when Culliver can play outside?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Kindda crazy but,

Brock>Brown>Rogers.

Why do that when Culliver can play outside?

Culliver was our best corner for 2 years just cause he had a bad SB and tore his ACL people are quick to move on.

Cully and Brock on the outside, resign Wright and have him cover the slot. Bring back Daryl Morris and draft a high CB with the Chiefs or our own 2nd.

Rogers has to go, he is sooo slow and waste of a roster spot, Eric Wright should be playing ahead of Rogers, while TB and TB start.
Not sure why Brock is not getting the recognition for the play last night. He made it happened.

And didn't he made the INT to seal the win also.... He's been doing this all through the year. At the right place. Right time.

Thank you T-Rock
Originally posted by Squidp:
We have 4 good-very good corners. There is no reason to continually give guys free releases when we normally get pressure on the QB

So upsetting. Here is the thing...IF we aren't getting a pass rush THEN you play tighter up at the LOS with your DB's and make them EARN every catch. Is this a tough concept to grasp?
  • thl408
Brock likes to tackle guys by the head. Pretty crazy looking to see.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not sure why Brock is not getting the recognition for the play last night. He made it happened.

And didn't he made the INT to seal the win also.... He's been doing this all through the year. At the right place. Right time.

Thank you T-Rock

He was the ONLY CB to even make a play on the ball last night...not the receiver AFTER he caught it...but the actual ball. What a concept eh?

PS: I see Rogers is still 1/2-assing it out there as always. How does a DB coach watch film every week of Rogers and say, "You're our best option next week!"
Share 49ersWebzone