LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Lol....Didn't everybody in the zone wanted to get rid of this guy in the offseason? Especially after he gave up that game saving catch to Manningham in the 2011 NFCC game? It's AMAZING how good play can easily erased some painful memories in some people's head. Well, good signing anyway. Hopefully, Wright plays lights out and sign a cheap deal with us.

I know I was one. Truth be told I wanted him gone this offseason in favor of either Darryl Morris or Marcus Cooper. He has played well this season and I think he's earned an extension. I just don't know about those numbers yet. It's almost as if they are expecting him to be a starter in the future. The good news is that he is a much cheaper resign than Tarrell Brown (more consistent production over the years = more money), but that 16 million for 4 years might be too much.

In defense of Tramaine Brock I will say that this season is not exactly the same as Carlos Rogers's lights out season in 2011. In 2011, Carlos Rogers had an amazing front 7. In 2013, Tramaine Brock has played with a banged up from 7 that has missed Glenn Dorsey, Ray McDonald, Aldon Smith, and Patrick Willis for different periods. We'll see how this all plays out in the future.
Lol....Didn't everybody in the zone wanted to get rid of this guy in the offseason? Especially after he gave up that game saving catch to Manningham in the 2011 NFCC game? It's AMAZING how good play can easily erased some painful memories in some people's head. Well, good signing anyway. Hopefully, Wright plays lights out and sign a cheap deal with us.

this is very much an over reaction league, from the fans to the analysts and so on. a player or team for that matter is usually never as bad as they're made out to be and usually never as good as they're made out to be.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crabman82:

this is very much an over reaction league, from the fans to the analysts and so on. a player or team for that matter is usually never as bad as they're made out to be and usually never as good as they're made out to be.

So how do you explain Kwame Harris? Not that bad, maybe average as a NFL OG or OT.......HELLLLLL NAW HE SUCKED BALLS!!!.....oh wait he really did.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

So how do you explain Kwame Harris? Not that bad, maybe average as a NFL OG or OT.......HELLLLLL NAW HE SUCKED BALLS!!!.....oh wait he really did.

i did used the word usually
Is he a starter ...?

Got a maybe type of money.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Is he a starter ...?

with brown out he is. going into next year he'll probably be a starter, and even if hes #3, in this league your nickle back is a starter basically.
Is he a starter ...?

with brown out he is. going into next year he'll probably be a starter, and even if hes #3, in this league your nickle back is a starter basically.

He had some good games for us. I'm kinda want to see consistency before putting him as long term starter. But no question he's doing a helluva job for the team coming in.
Is he a starter ...?

He had some good games for us. I'm kinda want to see consistency before putting him as long term starter. But no question he's doing a helluva job for the team coming in.

well there is a time crunch, he is a free agent at the end of the year, either sign him now, or pay him even more a few months from now.
so culliver, morris, and brock are the only corners signed next year? We need to go WR and DL heavy in the draft
Originally posted by pdizo916:
so culliver, morris, and brock are the only corners signed next year? We need to go WR and DL heavy in the draft

well rogers is signed but most dont expect him back and wright is unsigned but theres a feeling he will be back.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it'll be Brock and Wright at the corners with Culliver as the nickel back, next year.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM ]
I dont understand why everyone assumes wright will be here next season, let alone pull the starter gig. I know he has talent, but he is on a one year deal, and hasnt contributed anything this season.

Culliver on the other hand was a bright young star on the rise pre injury. The staff, including Baalkie really like him, and the sky is the limit for him really.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I dont understand why everyone assumes wright will be here next season, let alone pull the starter gig. I know he has talent, but he is on a one year deal, and hasnt contributed anything this season.

Culliver on the other hand was a bright young star on the rise pre injury. The staff, including Baalkie really like him, and the sky is the limit for him really.

kinda like assuming culliver will return to pre-injury form right? thats what we do here, assume and predict.

kinda like assuming culliver will return to pre-injury form right? thats what we do here, assume and predict.

You do understand that there is this thing called modern medicine that has come along way right?

Assuming culliver will return from injury is much less of an assumption than bringing back a guy that isaint even under contract, hasnt contributed a thing to the team, and is one or two mistakes away from being out of the league, and making him a starter.

You do understand that there is this thing called modern medicine that has come along way right?

Assuming culliver will return from injury is much less of an assumption than bringing back a guy that isaint even under contract, hasnt contributed a thing to the team, and is one or two mistakes away from being out of the league, and making him a starter.

ask kyle williams and derrick rose about modern medicine, they both just hurt their knees for a second time. if you're going to assume culliver is going to come back pre-injury form, then whats wrong with assuming a db who isnt a hot FA item will return to the team? i realize wright hasnt been here long but his resume is deeper than cullivers. the guys who think he can start here are saying that based off of his career trend.
Share 49ersWebzone