There are 207 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hope he can keep up his good play
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Looks like Brock and Wright as our starting corners next year.
And hopefully Culliver is in the mix healthy as well

He'll be the third corner.

Or the starter. He was the 49ers best performing CB in the regular season last year.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Get Roby in the first..

Brock/Culliver/Roby.

BOOM!!!!

It's all about Darqueze "Deion" Dennard.
Originally posted by Disp:
Great signing. With Culliver, Brock, and Reid our secondary is gonna be young and awesome going forward. 4/$16mil is a steal for as good as he's been so far. Definitely glad they didn't wait til FA to do this.

This, if he continues to do well, he could have been lining up for twice that money in free agency.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hope he can keep up his good play

He looks like a gamer. He has really stepped up.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Or the starter. He was the 49ers best performing CB in the regular season last year.

Yeah Culliver will be the #1 or #2 next year, depending on if Brown gets signed. If the season ended today I think Brock would be ahead of Culliver because of the injury and Brock's play. Brock and Culliver on the outside with Wright or Morris as the nickel back makes me a little bit hord.
Originally posted by Disp:
Yeah Culliver will be the #1 or #2 next year, depending on if Brown gets signed. If the season ended today I think Brock would be ahead of Culliver because of the injury and Brock's play. Brock and Culliver on the outside with Wright or Morris as the nickel back makes me a little bit hord.

Plus I expect them to draft a CB relatively early....or two depending on how things with Wright and Rogers go.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Can't beat $4M a year for a starting corner.

If we re-sign Boldin I might be for a 1st round CB but if not I'd go WR.

I'd be happy with: Brock, Culliver, Dennard/Gilbert, Wright/vet, Morris
Could also take one in the mid rounds: Brock, Culliver, Dennard/Gilbert, Wright/vet and/or mid round, Morris

At worst I'd take one in the 2nd if Brown, Rogers, and possibly Wright are gone. 1 WR, 2 CB, 2 SS
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]

Originally posted by Gore_21:
If we re-sign Boldin I might be for a 1st round CB but if not I'd go WR.

I'd be happy with: Brock, Culliver, Dennard/Gilbert, Wright/vet, Morris
Could also take one in the mid rounds: Brock, Culliver, Dennard/Gilbert, Wright/vet and/or mid round, Morris

Might have to wait until the 2nd though if we take a 1 first. 1 WR, 2 CB, 2 SS
Yes. Our defense is legitimate bit our pass catchers are not explosive down field nor do they scare anyone. We need to nail this after the AJJ fiasco. It is time we right this wrong once and for all
  • thl408
Gotta love stories about undrafted FAs who work hard, are patient, then get rewarded. These guys remain humble and hard working so I expect him to stay the course with his development. Has anyone noticed how he plays the run? I have not noticed, just wondering.
Yes. Our defense is legitimate bit our pass catchers are not explosive down field nor do they scare anyone. We need to nail this after the AJJ fiasco. It is time we right this wrong once and for all

Could very well go WR in the 1st even if we re-sign Boldin. Especially if Manningham isn't back. Wouldn't hurt to be prepared for life after Boldin and if Crabtree doesn't re-sign after 2014. I definitely wouldn't want to go into next year with Crabtree, Patton, Baldwin, Osgood (re-signed st vet min). I say re-sign Boldin if he would take 4-5 mil and if he doesn't then possibly Mannignham at 1.5 or so mil then draft a speedy deep threat in round 1 and a possession wr in round 3. I'd just draft 2 and let the cards fall as they may. No guarantees for Baldwin to make the team. Just put them 1-6 best to worst with Osgood #6 but active due to ST.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Get Roby in the first..

Brock/Culliver/Roby.

BOOM!!!!

You just shut your filthy mouth right now. Roby is my baby! And my baby dont do nuffin wrong!

Seriously though, huge mancrush on Roby.

And right now i would predict a Culliver/Brock lineup next season.

People here seriously underestimate Culliver, and there is a lot of misguided hate that goes his way because of the one or two bad plays he had, and comments he had in the super bowl.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Could very well go WR in the 1st even if we re-sign Boldin. Especially if Manningham isn't back. Wouldn't hurt to be prepared for life after Boldin and if Crabtree doesn't re-sign after 2014. I definitely wouldn't want to go into next year with Crabtree, Patton, Baldwin, Osgood (re-signed st vet min). I say re-sign Boldin if he would take 4-5 mil and if he doesn't then possibly Mannignham at 1.5 or so mil then draft a speedy deep threat in round 1 and a possession wr in round 3. I'd just draft 2 and let the cards fall as they may. No guarantees for Baldwin to make the team. Just put them 1-6 best to worst with Osgood #6 but active due to ST.

I'd rather take a Wr if a good one drops to us in the first round. I think we're ok to go Cb in the second knowing Brock and Wright are our starters going forward.
Share 49ersWebzone