There are 282 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The 49ers are 6th in pass defense
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
where has this joto been every other year? all of a sudden, when he's about to be a FA, he decides to start playing? GTFO!
Originally posted by kazak13:
it took an injury to expose that Brock is a real good player.. otherwise he will not even see the field... i think we may have few more players on the bench that can play at high level but they are so buried in the depth chart that they wont see daylight..

Actually Brock was the number 3 corner the year we lost in the WCC. He was beaten pretty badly on a few key plays by the Giants in the championship game. He lost the job to Culliver the following season and now he's won it back. It's not like he was sitting on the shelf un-tested this whole time.
so tramaine brock made pete prisco's all midseason team at the nickel back spot. he was the only niner on the team. he must be opening some eyes league wide to get that honor, he hasnt even played in every game. hes making himself some money

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS1h
My midseason awards.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24156664/pete-priscos-midseason-awards ;…
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
so tramaine brock made pete prisco's all midseason team at the nickel back spot. he was the only niner on the team. he must be opening some eyes league wide to get that honor, he hasnt even played in every game. hes making himself some money

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS1h
My midseason awards.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24156664/pete-priscos-midseason-awards ;…

I hope Cully comes back strong and we kick Rogers to the curb and have Wright play slot, a lot of media keep saying he is a good slot corner.

The question then becomes do we re-sign Brown or Brock and that is if Eric Wright is worth keeping though.
Originally posted by sfout:
I hope Cully comes back strong and we kick Rogers to the curb and have Wright play slot, a lot of media keep saying he is a good slot corner.

The question then becomes do we re-sign Brown or Brock and that is if Eric Wright is worth keeping though.

keep everyone but rogers if he insists on his role he has now. he makes too much money to be a slot cornerback.

brock is lined up on the outside against either the #1 or #2 wr every game and is doing what he's doing. while rogers...if the slot wr is fast he gets toasted.

and he's making 9 million to do it.

if his name was nnamdi there would have been a protest outside the 49ers practice facility calling for his head by now
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
where has this joto been every other year? all of a sudden, when he's about to be a FA, he decides to start playing? GTFO!

Damn. We invest all this time and go through the growing pains with him only to have him leave for some cash. Oh well, its the nature of the business i guess we do the same thing to players (Brian Jennings).
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
keep everyone but rogers if he insists on his role he has now. he makes too much money to be a slot cornerback.

brock is lined up on the outside against either the #1 or #2 wr every game and is doing what he's doing. while rogers...if the slot wr is fast he gets toasted.

and he's making 9 million to do it.

if his name was nnamdi there would have been a protest outside the 49ers practice facility calling for his head by now

Stopped reading there. smh
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

49ers CB Tramaine Brock agrees to a 4 yr $16 million dollar deal w/ $7 mil gtd. His first start come this Monday night.
Originally posted by Jcool:

49ers CB Tramaine Brock agrees to a 4 yr $16 million dollar deal w/ $7 mil gtd. His first start come this Monday night.

That's good. If he can continue his quality play this bodes well for next year with Culliver coming back. Sign Wright to a short deal and then draft a CB and SS and the secondary will have undergone a youthful overhaul.

Originally posted by Jcool:

really? I guess Brown walks. didn't he lose out to asamooga in the preseason?
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Nov 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM ]
Awesome, one less to worry about. I just hope he doesn't let down now that he is getting paid. 4 mil a little more than I thought... was thinking 3 but if he keeps playing like he is now he's worth more like 6-8. Also, take into account he is worth much more than 3.23 mil he is getting this year. 4 INTs and 2 dropped at least and he didn't play in 2 games. I figured we should be trying to re-sign him before his price goes up and before FA because some bad team would have offered him a lot more if he keeps playing like he has. Also, could mean Brown is gone and next man up. Culliver, Brock, Wright/1st round rookie?, Morris is a good start at CB.

My guess is we asked Brown's agent what he is looking for and they want a lot more than we can give. My guess is at least 4 years 22-25 million or 5 years 30-32 million. I just don't think we had the money to give him and went with our plan B. Next man up. Extend Culliver while he is still cheap maybe early next year and like I said if Brock keeps playing like this he'd be the #1, Culliver 2 and 1st round pick/Wright at 3, Morris at 4 or 5 (depending if Wright is back) is a good solid start.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 22, 2013 at 5:21 PM ]
A jolt of good news to uplift locker room morale. Similar to the Singletary regime where we extended T Brown right as he was making his first start over Shantae??
wow, Brock extended, didn't see it coming, but fine with it.
Good to hear. I like Brown but he's most likely gone. I expect Rogers to be gone but maybe they can restructure him. Culliver, Brock, Morris, and a couple rookies next year.
Share 49ersWebzone