LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 441 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Wish they could give him a "Boone/ IWilliams" type extension at an affordable rate.
Originally posted by genz22:
Wish they could give him a "Boone/ IWilliams" type extension at an affordable rate.

If something like that is offered, then we'll know for a fact that this isn't an aberration, but actual improvement.

The only red flag is that Nmandi somehow beat Brock out for the nickelback position during preseason.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
things like Brocks sudden emergence worry me. You're gonna tell me that no one on the entire coaching staff saw what he's capable of? Instead they decide to leave Asomuagh's old, struggling ass in the games?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
things like Brocks sudden emergence worry me. You're gonna tell me that no one on the entire coaching staff saw what he's capable of? Instead they decide to leave Asomuagh's old, struggling ass in the games?

And Brock's been around for awhile. Starting to feel like some of the younger guys who weren't drafted in the first 3 rounds are going to be f**ked as far as playing time goes.

Maybe they wanted to see Asomugha play some games first to see if he's still elite.

Didn't Brock get injured in training camp?
Originally posted by valrod33:
kid had one good game against a sorry ass INT prone QB. Lets not go swallowing his dong just yet.

Too late, already gonna go get B-ROCK tatted on my chest

True story

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

And Brock's been around for awhile. Starting to feel like some of the younger guys who weren't drafted in the first 3 rounds are going to be f**ked as far as playing time goes.

another example is Brandon Jacobs last season. Watching him run the ball for the giants this year, I have no doubt that he could've helped us out last season. Especially in the playoffs and SB. Instead, the coaches decide not to give him any PT. Then when he starts to complain, they send him home.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

another example is Brandon Jacobs last season. Watching him run the ball for the giants this year, I have no doubt that he could've helped us out last season. Especially in the playoffs and SB. Instead, the coaches decide not to give him any PT. Then when he starts to complain, they send him home.

Jacobs sucks.. All he's been doing is falling forward 3 yards every carry. Don't want a guy like that

Teams are paying little to no attention to the Giants running game and rightfully so. They are terrible at running the ball. The line is injured across the board and there isn't one running back on that roster that scares anyone. Wilson has always been over-hyped in my opinion. This is a major reason why they are struggling to pass the ball as well. They are no threat whatsoever to run the ball. At least to run it effectively. Most teams can stuff their running game with a 7 man front.

I think Jacobs season with the 49ers would have been a lot different if he hadn't been injured in preseason. There was no reason to bring him in during the playoffs and risk the cohesion of what was already working offensively.

My bad guys, I thought I this was the Tramaine Brock thread...

pretty damn good for being the webzone whipping boy to the NFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Congrats!
[ Edited by NinerGold39 on Oct 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran

Jacobs has played in 4 games for the Giants this year.

He has 22 carries for 48 yards--an average of 2.2 yards a carry.
Originally posted by verb1der:

Maybe they wanted to see Asomugha play some games first to see if he's still elite.

It was worth a try . IIRC he signed a really cheap contract
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by verb1der:

It was worth a try . IIRC he signed a really cheap contract

Yea it was low risk. It's too bad, if Nnamdi can't elevate his game playing with a defense like the 49ers than he is officially washed up.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Good Job Mr. Brock
Share 49ersWebzone