LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

Tramaine Brock Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Reposted here:

Boy am I stoked for the way Brock stood out last night. Not b/c of the big plays he made but HOW he made them. I've been talking about how poor (coaching) our technique has been at the CB position for a while now (e.g. letting receivers get behind them and THEN throw their arms up once the receiver's body language suggests the ball is arriving, not getting their head turned around, playing WAY off esp. on 3rd and shorts, not keeping the WR in front of them and an eye on the QB, etc.). You could REALLY see the difference between Brown (lucky as hell) and Brock last night. Brock was physical, stayed in his hip pocket, kept the WR in front of him WHILE keeping an eye on the QB and equally important, came off his route to undercut another (pick-6). I have not seen this since Rogers in his contract year!

And it's a good thing b/c Cooper played great again for the Chiefs yesterday and had a critical INT late in the 4Q to lead to 3 points that helped wrap up the game for the 5-0 Chiefs!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
One tipped pass and the crown comes out!!!

can he wear the crown now?

Awesome play yesterday gotta give credit where its due, but I'll wait for a few more games to see if hes for real, this team has been hot and cold lately.
Fangio has consistently talked this guy up. Seems he was right. He came to us ultra raw. Coaches have done a good job. Kudos!
Last two games he's been stellar.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Reposted here:

Boy am I stoked for the way Brock stood out last night. Not b/c of the big plays he made but HOW he made them. I've been talking about how poor (coaching) our technique has been at the CB position for a while now (e.g. letting receivers get behind them and THEN throw their arms up once the receiver's body language suggests the ball is arriving, not getting their head turned around, playing WAY off esp. on 3rd and shorts, not keeping the WR in front of them and an eye on the QB, etc.). You could REALLY see the difference between Brown (lucky as hell) and Brock last night. Brock was physical, stayed in his hip pocket, kept the WR in front of him WHILE keeping an eye on the QB and equally important, came off his route to undercut another (pick-6). I have not seen this since Rogers in his contract year!

And it's a good thing b/c Cooper played great again for the Chiefs yesterday and had a critical INT late in the 4Q to lead to 3 points that helped wrap up the game for the 5-0 Chiefs!

Yeah, I wish we kept Cooper and let Namdi go. Can you imagine Cooper, Brock, and Cully? That's a good young group. We are just going to address CB in the draft. Brock was raw and developed into a good CB with us. Namdi is going to the bench.
It seems like they've seen skills in practice and the only reason he hasn't locked down the nickel has been injuries. If Cully comes back healthy and Brock continues to progress, at least they'll have a couple of guys that can play.
Originally posted by ninergold:
It seems like they've seen skills in practice and the only reason he hasn't locked down the nickel has been injuries. If Cully comes back healthy and Brock continues to progress, at least they'll have a couple of guys that can play.

Cully wont be back this season. Brock looked hungry out on the field and wanted to prove he should be there.
Namdi was our weak spot in the secondary. Brock is our 3rd CB with hopefully Cox as our 4th. Namdi used to be good, but he has lost a couple steps, and can't tackle.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wow, Brock is really showing his game. Hope he holds on to it for the teams sake.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Namdi was our weak spot in the secondary. Brock is our 3rd CB with hopefully Cox as our 4th. Namdi used to be good, but he has lost a couple steps, and can't tackle.

do you think namdi has value as a third or 4th corner, if brock has taken his job,, or do you think his time is done when whats his face is ready to play for us after week 7?

Originally posted by mayo49:
Wow, Brock is really showing his game. Hope he holds on to it for the teams sake.

ever since the NFCCG 2011..he's been solid

I think that game helped his further development
Looks like Nnamdi won't be getting his job back

I'm really impressed with Brock so far. I didn't expect much from him but the way he's been playing, wow, what a treat. I worried about the secondary early on but they have been holding their own so far. Eric Reid is playing like a Pro Bowler, Donte Whitner has improved, Tarrell Brown is on the money, Brock has developed into a really good CB, even Rogers stepped it up a bit.

Unfortunately, we can't keep everybody, a lot of these guys will be hitting the free agency market and will want to get paid but the way things look right now, I'm not that worried. Realistically, we can resign Cox, Brock, Wright (if he ends up being pretty good and he's not a head case anymore), and Cully still under contract. Whitner might be resigned as well. Then we can look to the draft; pick up a high round CB and take another in the mid-late rounds. Baalke is good at finding talent in any round (look how good 7th rounder CB Marcus Cooper is doing for the Chiefs). If all works out, we could have a strong, young secondary for a few years to come !
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Wrathman:

do you think namdi has value as a third or 4th corner, if brock has taken his job,, or do you think his time is done when whats his face is ready to play for us after week 7?

I would play Cox before him. He can't cover or tackle.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gotta give this dude props he has gotten better.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Gotta give this dude props he has gotten better.

Yep.
Share 49ersWebzone