LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

Sources: Maurice Jones-Drew open to trade!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
would trade Dixon for him
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by susweel:
3 way trade

Jags get our 1st round pick and Colin Kaepernick
Patriots Get Anthony Dixon and Randy Moss
49ers get MJD and Tom Brady

and Brady is Alex's back up.

yes

Originally posted by susweel:
3 way trade

Jags get our 1st round pick and Colin Kaepernick
Patriots Get Anthony Dixon and Randy Moss
49ers get MJD and Tom Brady

and Brady is Alex's back up.

Duh. You finally get it?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Trade Dixon straight up

Hell no man. What, are you crazy?

Dixon is much younger!
Good, solid player.

We don't need him.

They will end up making a deal and he stays.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by denali22:
i think MJD would be the type of person who would take a slight play cut to play for a better team. I honestly see him going to the packers or pats..

Packers don't make trades like that. They build through the draft.

Patriots don't need him.

Atlanta, Detroit, New York Jets... though Atlanta is still recovering from the Julio trade.

Packers don't make trades like that its true, but this is like payton manning, your going to at least evaluate him. An considering they are the worst running team in the league, with the best passing offense, you make that move for MJD an you just added number one running back in the league. If they make that move there in the superbowl. I mean this could be like the colts trading faulk off to the rams. This is very scary moment for us, if he does get ship off to an nfc team like the packers. But i don't think the owner will trade him, I think this guy has balls, even if he does he won't give him to an afc team. Really, the only move MJD has is to pull palmer and say he will just retire.

I'm telling you it is HIGHLY uncharacteristic of Ted Thompson to trade for this high-caliber of a player.

Example... they could have had Marshawn Lynch a couple years ago for next to nothing, and they were like "Nah mang, we're good."

I'm telling you... Ted Thompson don't trade with no one.
if he decides to sit the season, It would suck for people that drafted him in ff...awesome for me though
[ Edited by NinerGold39 on Aug 22, 2012 at 2:58 PM ]
Meh, he hindered Jax's offense. They relied too heavily on him. He'll return to the Jags and they'll be a better team for having used this offseason to develop their passing game.

Good RBs are a dime a dozen.
Redskins

Originally posted by lamontb:
nobody is tr4ading for dude. it's a new day and teams aren't gonna be paying running backs 9 million a year. Only a very select few,

IMO MJD is on that list.
Originally posted by Zachary:
Redskins

what the hell they have to trade? they gave up all worthy picks and dan snyder's nuts for rg3
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
if he decides to sit the season, It would suck for people that drafted him in ff...awesome for me though

thats what im hoping for lol...ive already picked up rashad jennings in FA
Really like MJD as a running back.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Call me crazy but isn't being cut part of the contract?

I was all for the players during the NFL holdout but for the owners during the NBA lockout. NFL makes way too much to not offer some money on a player that is cut from his biweekly game check due to injury and/or performance. They just leave these players out to dry.

That being said, an NFL player has to take responsibility in knowing what type of league they are involved with. You get your money, spend what you have to, then save for the day you get cut. In MJD case, I believe his contract was front loaded in order to offer him protection. The Jags complied with his wish up front so honestly there should not be any problems here at the agreed upon backend of the contract. If I give you a $30 mil 5 yr contract with $15 mil in the first 2 years, then I dont want to hear it when you are making $5 mil each of the last 3 years. That is the deal you signed, play and get paid.

It is hypocritical when an organization says honor your contract when they appear not to do the same when they cut you. But in between the fine lines they have honored their end because the contract is never fully guaranteed. Most NFL contracts are incentivised and subject to termination by the owners. That is why if you are a player with clout, you should get your money front loaded and guaranteed which it is my understanding that he did.

Just tote the pill for the remaining $10 mil and go to the highest bidder next contract. It is his only realistic play in the NFL. NBA is a different story

Agreed. If you accept a front loaded deal, don't b***h when the latter years come.
Share 49ersWebzone