LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

The Official 2012 OUT FOR THE YEAR Injury Tracker

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

RT @Lescarpenter Sources: Pats Jerod Mayo has surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. Could miss the rest of season: http://tinyurl.com/pqta98p
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jcool:
Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

RT @Lescarpenter Sources: Pats Jerod Mayo has surgery on a torn pectoral muscle. Could miss the rest of season: http://tinyurl.com/pqta98p

they already lost Wilfork but they just keep on winning.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports12m
Source: @STLouisRams QB Sam Bradford has a torn ACL. Injury will require surgery & he is done for the year #NFL #Rams
Damn that sucks for them! Seemed to be finally getting on the same page with stone cold Tavon Austin too. Get well soon
Bummer, I respect Bradford. I'll take another cake game on our schedule though.
He will never play another down for the Rams again. BOOK IT.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

So you're saying we should trade for him.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

So you're saying we should trade for him.

Trade LMJ for him
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Really going out on a limb on that one huh

Your reasons are? Play? Pay? I could see you being right but if he could beat out another in camp then i could see rams keeping him! Kinda the alex kaep thing. Could be wrong tho

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Honestly, probably one of the best things that could happen to the Rams long term. Allows them to have a top 5-7 pick in a QB heavy draft. Once healthy, they can rid themselves of Bradford's ridiculous contract and reallocate funds elsewhere.
i remember the rams fans were talking mess.....not so much to talk about now n dayz, huh?
Originally posted by okdkid:
Honestly, probably one of the best things that could happen to the Rams long term. Allows them to have a top 5-7 pick in a QB heavy draft. Once healthy, they can rid themselves of Bradford's ridiculous contract and reallocate funds elsewhere.

Or possibly force a restructure, and give him a chance to compete with a new young qb??
Originally posted by Jcool:

Really going out on a limb on that one huh

I don't know J, ninerfan4life, may have a point. During Manning's post game presser, the Breaking News Ticker,
reported that his ACL is torn, and that he's out for the rest of the season. Also reported, was that the Rams, will
start to look at other QB's come Monday.

With Bradford out for the rest of the season -- and him being in a contract year -- I can very well envision a situation,
similar to what happened to AS, last season in San Francisco. They will have many options ... and plenty of time to
sort it out.

Just remember ... the NFL, is a Business first, and a game/entertainment second. Drafting another QB in the 2014
Draft, while bringing in a veteran -- to be named later -- might not be as far fetched, as it may seem to you at this
moment. This scenario would not surprise me one bit ... as I've stated many times (in several threads), the NFL, is
a Cold Blooded Business ... corporate To-the-Bone, in so many ways.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by okdkid:

Or possibly force a restructure, and give him a chance to compete with a new young qb??

This. Look at Bradford's contract numbers per rotoworld

2013: $9 million, 2014: $14.015 million, 2015: $12.985 million, 2016: Free Agent

The mantra of "what have you done for me lately" applies here. Why in the name of all that is holy would you pay a QB with a career rating of 79.1 with 58 TDs and 37 INTs that much money to rehab and play on a bum knee.

The 2014 QB class could put last years to shame.

Teddy Bridgewater - definitely declaring unless he pulls an A. Luck to finish school.
Brett Hundley
Marcus Mariota
Tajh Boyd - senior
Johnny Manziel
Kevin Hogan
Stephen Morris - senior
Derek Carr - senior
Zach Mettenberger - senior
Aaron Murray - senior
AJ McCarron - senior
David Fales - senior
Logan Thomas - senior
Keith Price - senior

I'm sorry but if the rams have any since to them they will draft an early QB and force a restructure or cut/trade him if he won't take it.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone