Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Pushes back kickoff times for late afternoon games

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Damn we gotta wait 10 mins longer

This, do not like
this

but we get to actually watch the begginning of game rather than watch end of other game
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

This, do not like
this

but we get to actually watch the begginning of game rather than watch end of other game

Dont matter for us norcal people because they always switch over in time for the start of the game.

This, do not like
this

Dont matter for us norcal people because they always switch over in time for the start of the game.

This. Never missed the begining of a game last season.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jun 28, 2012 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by d49izme:
That is great news....I get so pi$$ed off when the game is about to come on but the early game is overlapping so we end up missing the opening drive or two

or you miss the end of a nail biter because contractually we gotta watch the Raiders.
  • Amir
  • Veteran

This, do not like
this

This. Never missed the begining of a game last season.

screw both you mofos. So cold in the D(C)
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
That is great news....I get so pi$$ed off when the game is about to come on but the early game is overlapping so we end up missing the opening drive or two

or you miss the end of a nail biter because contractually we gotta watch the Raiders.

hardly ever happens because raiders AFC which is broadcast by CBS, Niners are NFC which is broadcast by FOX. Niners play on CBS maybe once a year, and the odds of raiders being in nail bitter is very slim because they are usually getting blown out.
The NFL is a whore to Advertising.
This should be better in most cases. I live in PA and have the Sun ticket. For the Giants game, Fox had the double header and my local network was showing the 49ers at 4 so it was blacked out on the dish. The local 1:00 game ended on time so they switched to the Atlanta game going into overtime. That game went to 4:45 and I missed almost the entire first qtr. I hope that changes.

hardly ever happens because raiders AFC which is broadcast by CBS, Niners are NFC which is broadcast by FOX. Niners play on CBS maybe once a year, and the odds of raiders being in nail bitter is very slim because they are usually getting blown out.

it was just an example.

it was just an example.

ok

it was just an example.

ok

f**k! I already have a hard enough time finding a flight out of SFO that fits the late game end times. This just makes it worse.
Finally.

A stupid problem and a simple solution. Took them 25 + years to figure it out....
good move I hate when raider games over lap 9er games... happy they did something about it
It's probably a good thing. Can't tell you how many games were in OT or coming down to the last play or drive and you get cut off at 3:15 or have to turn on the 9ers game and miss the endings. That extra 10 minutes will allow most of those games to finish up before getting cut off.