LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by English:
Sorry but your last paragraph doesn't make any sense to me. If he thought that he would surely play lights out to either convince us not to cut him or to showcase his talents to the NFL to ensure another team picks him up.

I think this one is being overthought. He turned up out of shape but that is resolving itself. But he is now the number one guy for offensive coordinators to zoom in on. As this season progresses I expect his play to get better and better for these reasons, as others return.

Next year? Don't know. I would be very sorry to see him go but that is a chunk of the cap. I shall wait and see.

With 2-3 replacement players in the linebacker corps, why would he be the guy to target? He's the strongest remaining link. I would think they would go after Wilhoite or Skuta.
Originally posted by 9moon:
the fact is, ALDON will be useless on this team, if he and Brooks exchange positions and responsibility..

Aldon, needs to rush the passer to be great, and that's what he's made of... again, he's a very athletic DE, but he's not an OLB... nor even a LB...

You're talking out of your ass man. Brooks is a very solid player, aside from the dumbass penalties, but Aldon is very clearly a much more talented player...CLEARLY.
Originally posted by swayze:
Sorry but your last paragraph doesn't make any sense to me. If he thought that he would surely play lights out to either convince us not to cut him or to showcase his talents to the NFL to ensure another team picks him up.

I think this one is being overthought. He turned up out of shape but that is resolving itself. But he is now the number one guy for offensive coordinators to zoom in on. As this season progresses I expect his play to get better and better for these reasons, as others return.

Next year? Don't know. I would be very sorry to see him go but that is a chunk of the cap. I shall wait and see.

With 2-3 replacement players in the linebacker corps, why would he be the guy to target? He's the strongest remaining link. I would think they would go after Wilhoite or Skuta.

"Zoom in on". Like, aim to keep the play away from. That sort of thing. Not, the guy to target.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
No doubt he has dissappointed this season. Hopefully he can step up once Aldon comes back.

i think he has rebounded from a slow start and is starting to round into form. there were a lot of things i was disappointed in after 1-2 but we are getting better.. after this bye and the return of some guys they will all get sorted out i feel and we will be in a good spot to make a run at the division title. i still think that is the only way we make playoffs,, i am not willing to bet or hope for a wild card berth. we should not crown the cardinals ass just yet

Without Aldon on the other side, teams can key on Brooks a bit more. That's why I was so happy to see Lynch playing well. Brooks is making plays and has stopped almost all running to the left side of the D...so I'm not at all unhappy with the guy. As for playing soft for contract purposes? That doesn't wash because more injuries happen when half stepping than going full bore...and players know that this is true.

I believe Brooks gets blasted at times because he is so good at containment he seems to be just standing around at times...it's called patience...and doing his job.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
No doubt he has dissappointed this season. Hopefully he can step up once Aldon comes back.

i think he has rebounded from a slow start and is starting to round into form. there were a lot of things i was disappointed in after 1-2 but we are getting better.. after this bye and the return of some guys they will all get sorted out i feel and we will be in a good spot to make a run at the division title. i still think that is the only way we make playoffs,, i am not willing to bet or hope for a wild card berth. we should not crown the cardinals ass just yet

Agree.

IMO, we MUST win the division title.

Waiting for someone else to win or lose won't cut it.

We have to control our own destiny.

And if Brooks can come on like he did at the end of last season - it will make it that much more likely.
Does anyone have his pff numbers?
Brooks numbers by the week. Having issues with converting excel to image...sorry for the lack of clarity.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 24, 2014 at 4:00 PM ]
Glazer

49ers almost traded brooks to browns but browns backed out at 11th hour
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Glazer

i believe nothing from the media this year and neither should anyone else here

Glazer

It sorta makes sense though

Aldon, skuta, lynch with brooks contract off the books and no more illegal hands to face penalties
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Glazer

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m1 minute ago
One surprising name not out there but shopped b4 trade deadline: 49er LB Ahmad Brooks. CLE was in talks but then 49ers bailed on it late
Originally posted by Jcool:
Glazer

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m1 minute ago
One surprising name not out there but shopped b4 trade deadline: 49er LB Ahmad Brooks. CLE was in talks but then 49ers bailed on it late

Thx, prolly misheard it on tv
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Glazer

Aldon, skuta, lynch with brooks contract off the books and no more illegal hands to face penalties
if you traded guys who did illegal hands to the face this year, there would be a max exodus of players from teams. besides brooks has been better after a slow start and will only get better as we go and healthy guys rejoin us. besides, i do not care what lynch has done is his small body of work,, you do not trade a good player like brooks in the middle of having to win every game the rest of the way in the hopes that a kid can fill his shoes
Glazer

At what stage did this apparent trade purportedly take place? If it is after the Navorro injury and the Aldon suspension I call BS. Who would be dumb enough to trade the only other bedrock figure apart from Willis during the season?

We aren't in salary cap hell, needing to get rid of his contract. I just don't see it. And, candidly, the media this year have proved themselves to be utter liars. So I call BS.
Share 49ersWebzone