There are 165 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Brooks is very talented. He's just having a bad year. It happens. See 2011 Phillip Rivers.
Originally posted by 9moon:
the fact is, ALDON will be useless on this team, if he and Brooks exchange positions and responsibility..

Aldon, needs to rush the passer to be great, and that's what he's made of... again, he's a very athletic DE, but he's not an OLB... nor even a LB...

How is that even a statement? You could say that about literally any player.

"the fact is, FRANK GORE will be useless on this team, if he and Brooks exchange positions and responsibility.."

"the fact is, JOE STALEY will be useless on this team, if he and Brooks exchange positions and responsibility.."

"the fact is, ANDY LEE will be useless on this team, if he and Brooks exchange positions and responsibility.."
the fact is, ALDON will be useless on this team, if he and Brooks exchange positions and responsibility..

Aldon, needs to rush the passer to be great, and that's what he's made of... again, he's a very athletic DE, but he's not an OLB... nor even a LB...

right

and with this statement i know you know nothing about football. i hate to go there but when you make statements like this, you just lose all credibility and no more time will be wasted interacting with you

thanks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Brooks is very talented. He's just having a bad year. It happens. See 2011 Phillip Rivers.

i think he has played well in the last few games, he is hitting his stride and having aldon back will make him better
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

right

and with this statement i know you know nothing about football. i hate to go there but when you make statements like this, you just lose all credibility and no more time will be wasted interacting with you

thanks.
moon has quite the resume,, he thinks we should get rid of, JH, bowman, gire, trade vernon , get rid of aldon and bring in michael sams.. other than that he is a well informed intelligent 49er fan

I am not sure if its a bad year or if he is beginning to hit his decline with his best seasons behind him. Clearly not having the other 3 all pro guys is going to change his production and he does gain more attention. He knew he had to step up this year as a leader/veteran and pick up for the injured guys. But coming in outta shape and having the mental lapses in games are things he can control. He didnt pick a good time to play his most average ball because it will be put under the microscope with everyone that is missing. Now he has shown flashes this year but is this Ahmad brooks from last year or before..absolutely not. Like you said could just be a rough patch. It will be interesting to see how we and he looks when we got our healthy squad out there. I expect him to be making plays.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i think he has played well in the last few games, he is hitting his stride and having aldon back will make him better

"bad" was probably a poor adjective. I should have said, he's having a "down" year (relative to his ability off course).
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Whosgotitbetter:

I am not sure if its a bad year or if he is beginning to hit his decline with his best seasons behind him. Clearly not having the other 3 all pro guys is going to change his production and he does gain more attention. He knew he had to step up this year as a leader/veteran and pick up for the injured guys. But coming in outta shape and having the mental lapses in games are things he can control. He didnt pick a good time to play his most average ball because it will be put under the microscope with everyone that is missing. Now he has shown flashes this year but is this Ahmad brooks from last year or before..absolutely not. Like you said could just be a rough patch. It will be interesting to see how we and he looks when we got our healthy squad out there. I expect him to be making plays.

Either way, its likely he's gone next year. No way we can afford the 9mm he's scheduled to make. Brooks is a true Niner, but its likely Lynch will be his replacement. We'll see.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I agree that Brooks hasn't been great this season, but getting Aldon back will allow him to exploit more 1on1 matchups. Also, say what you want, but Brooks, along with Bowman, are the most clutch players on this team.

With all that said, I do think this is the last season for Ahmad in SF.
I love his rushing, hate the hands-to-face calls, and with all the talk of he might be gone in a year, I hope we can get the most out of him. He's always a sack waiting to happen.

Yup. He's always made stupid mistakes. He's been good for an offsides penalty per game. Now he's added a hands to the face per game as well.

Before, he made up for it with game changing plays. Not so much this year.

That's not even close to true.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Whosgotitbetter:

I have my doubts about Brooks this year somewhat similar to what you posted. I expected him to pick up the slack, but turning up out of shape and with a lack of effort when he knew we were without Aldon and Bowman speaks volumes to me.

I actually worry that Brooks reckons his deal will be restructured for less money or he'll be cut because he's at the top end of the scale, and he's mailed the season in believeing that he'd be at risk next season.
Originally posted by Buchy:
I have my doubts about Brooks this year somewhat similar to what you posted. I expected him to pick up the slack, but turning up out of shape and with a lack of effort when he knew we were without Aldon and Bowman speaks volumes to me.

I actually worry that Brooks reckons his deal will be restructured for less money or he'll be cut because he's at the top end of the scale, and he's mailed the season in believeing that he'd be at risk next season.

Sorry but your last paragraph doesn't make any sense to me. If he thought that he would surely play lights out to either convince us not to cut him or to showcase his talents to the NFL to ensure another team picks him up.

I think this one is being overthought. He turned up out of shape but that is resolving itself. But he is now the number one guy for offensive coordinators to zoom in on. As this season progresses I expect his play to get better and better for these reasons, as others return.

Next year? Don't know. I would be very sorry to see him go but that is a chunk of the cap. I shall wait and see.
No doubt he has dissappointed this season. Hopefully he can step up once Aldon comes back.
Share 49ersWebzone