LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Brooks is decent and he has a great first step. If there is an off sides it is 90% of the time him though cause he guesses a lot. He is big and fast and a good tackler. I think he would be good as a ILBer. But, Until Lemonier has proven himself more at stopping the run and in coverage Brooks will start.

This is going to be his last year as a 9er though. His salary is too high next season. Almost $10mill after his restructure, He will most likely be cut, take less pay, or be traded to a team in need of a complete OLBer who does have good QB pressure skills. I just hope if it is a trade it is better than a 7th rd pick again.

Wow. Brooks will earn 10 millions? s**t.. yeah. Thinking about take him cut moneys or trade it for 1st round. Brooks is cost trouble and stupid punishment as foul. . They give them play a again 1st from ravens at chamionship and threw the td.. it was fault by brooks. . . I was blame him s**t at Raven about 2 yrs ago.. he didn't well against at seahawks

You guys have some stats to back up your claims?

BuZzB28...SMH. You're embarrasing our fan base. Stop!

Hey. U should watch Brooks was foul then threw the td from ravens at chamionship. He was fault cuz he need careful that don't be foul. So he did good against at seahawks? He was not good a games to against at Seahawks. Why I am embarrassing? We have Lemonier is better a sacks and more cheap price than Brooks
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Brooks is decent and he has a great first step. If there is an off sides it is 90% of the time him though cause he guesses a lot. He is big and fast and a good tackler. I think he would be good as a ILBer. But, Until Lemonier has proven himself more at stopping the run and in coverage Brooks will start.

This is going to be his last year as a 9er though. His salary is too high next season. Almost $10mill after his restructure, He will most likely be cut, take less pay, or be traded to a team in need of a complete OLBer who does have good QB pressure skills. I just hope if it is a trade it is better than a 7th rd pick again.

Wow. Brooks will earn 10 millions? s**t.. yeah. Thinking about take him cut moneys or trade it for 1st round. Brooks is cost trouble and stupid punishment as foul. . They give them play a again 1st from ravens at chamionship and threw the td.. it was fault by brooks. . . I was blame him s**t at Raven about 2 yrs ago.. he didn't well against at seahawks

You guys have some stats to back up your claims?

BuZzB28...SMH. You're embarrasing our fan base. Stop!

It's a novelty account
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
It's a novelty account

LOL...I just can't...I just can't...
No man brooks is solid borat solid
Probowl

Guy would never be traded for a 1st. Best offer is 3rd round not worth it
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he was CRUCIAL in the final drive against the falcons, sending us to the Sb. Bowman got all the replays, but brooks made two huge plays just before that one.

Totally agree. Guy was a super star at Virginia. He was in the discussion for the 1 st pick his 3 rd year. If not for drugs and that knee he would have been a high first round pick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
It's a novelty account

LOL...I just can't...I just can't...
buzz=fraud
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
he was CRUCIAL in the final drive against the falcons, sending us to the Sb. Bowman got all the replays, but brooks made two huge plays just before that one.

Totally agree. Guy was a super star at Virginia. He was in the discussion for the 1 st pick his 3 rd year. If not for drugs and that knee he would have been a high first round pick.
also played with one arm vs the ravens in the super bowl. you had smith, brooks and smith playing with one arm each in that game,,,, you would think the coaches would have blitzed our two all pro backers in that game rather than to have them setting around playing checkers in pass coverage,,,,, sorry
Originally posted by English:
The guy has restructured his deal to suit the team, twice if I remember correctly. And he is a fine player. I think he deserves better than this.

As we've gone over in this thread, restructuring is actually an advantage to Brooks financially. There is literally no down side to a player taking more money up front, so let's not make it sound like it was a selfless act.

And if your first reaction is to say it makes him more likely to be cut in the future, that is not true. It would be mathematically impossible for that to be true.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM ]

Yeah, he was pretty much the MVP of that game IMO.

That said, I still think Lemonier is already a better player than he & a future pro bowl OLB.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Yeah, he was pretty much the MVP of that game IMO.

That said, I still think Lemonier is already a better player than he & a future pro bowl OLB.

I'll have to see Lemonier do more, before I can say that he's a) going to be better than Brooks b) pro bowl OLB. He's far from both at the moment.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
The guy has restructured his deal to suit the team, twice if I remember correctly. And he is a fine player. I think he deserves better than this.

As we've gone over in this thread, restructuring is actually an advantage to Brooks financially. There is literally no down side to a player taking more money up front, so let's not make it sound like it was a selfless act.

And if your first reaction is to say it makes him more likely to be cut in the future, that is not true. It would be mathematically impossible for that to be true.

No. I am saying I think he deserves better than some of the comments in this thread.
Yeah they're cuckoo. Don't get where its coming from.
No. I am saying I think he deserves better than some of the comments in this thread.

I must've missed those comments. I haven't read anyone saying he's anything less than a near-all-pro' OLB.
Share 49ersWebzone