There are 282 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Cinncy has allowed us to get Justin and Ahmad. They are doing pretty well on their end now a days on defense....so its all good.

and we gave them Lawson and Clements!
He was ballin today! Niner's don't have a weakness with the LB core!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
and we gave them Lawson and Clements!

And Mays....

Justin and Ahmad plus we signed Whitner away from them for Lawson, Clements and Mays
You know what's really cool about our front 7 is that individually they are all great but collectively they are as well. Brooks gets the numbers he does - in part - because of his teammates' performance. Keeping this group together will be difficult. If I had to guess I'd beg Bowman as the odd man out.

Aldon (keeper)
Willis (keeper)
Brooks (signed)
Bowman?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bzborow1:
You know what's really cool about our front 7 is that individually they are all great but collectively they are as well. Brooks gets the numbers he does - in part - because of his teammates' performance. Keeping this group together will be difficult. If I had to guess I'd beg Bowman as the odd man out.

Aldon (keeper)
Willis (keeper)
Brooks (signed)
Bowman?

All four are keepers.

Brooks will be a free agent in 2018.
Willis will be a free agent in 2017.
Smith will be a free agent in 2015.
Bowman will be a free agent in 2014--at the end of next season.
I think he's improving every week.

By playoff time he should be a HUGE force
Bumping this thread because Brooks deserves all the credit in the world for putting that hit on Ryan and batting down that pass. May not be in the Superbowl without those two plays.
So glad that Brooks finally got some recognition and was awarded 2nd team All-Pro. Then went out and performed on the national radar. That play where he batted Ryan's pass down at the end...

Here is a great read on the man.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Ahmad-Brooks-Comes-up-Clutch/7a850426-3588-4f24-a7dd-80a2e2e76412
[ Edited by Hayes4Dayes on Jan 22, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 99problems:
if anyone is sick of hearing how awesome one of the 49ers are they can GTFO!

LOL! Good point...

Originally posted by Hayes4Dayes:
So glad that Brooks finally got some recognition and was awarded 2nd team All-Pro. Then went out and performed on the national radar. That play where he batted Ryan's pass down at the end...

Here is a great read on the man.
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Ahmad-Brooks-Comes-up-Clutch/7a850426-3588-4f24-a7dd-80a2e2e76412

Great article...but I'm a little biased. LOL

He's not a super star. But he's a good player. Certainly better than giving up on him like the Bengals did.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's not a super star. But he's a good player. Certainly better than giving up on him like the Bengals did.

a secret superstar which means this guy does things that people dont realize on tv. he gets better and better every year. If we succeed in getting a franchise NT our linebackers are going to completely dominate next season.
He is a secret, cause after 7 years he has yet to reach his college hype. Never made a pro- bowl, never will. On occasion he steps up but it is too sporadic.
Like him, but alway wanted more from him
Ain't no secret to the Faithful!

Knockdowns and knocked out the Falcons

Dude is the reason teams rarely turned the corner on the outside run. And discipline enough not to go retard after the qb on every downs. Underrated
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 26, 2013 at 2:35 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone