Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Probably wouldn't do much else on another team. Just goes to show you how good our coaching staff and scheme are.

i have no time to figure out this "logic"

Look at other players that did well with us but didn't have much of an impact on other teams

those are mostly CBs, safeties etc that rely on our dominate front 7. When you can rush the passer & set the edge, well, you can rush the passer and set the edge. Ahmad Brooks is one of, if not the most underrated player in football, he's a top 10 LB who just happens to be the 4th most talked about in our LB group. The only reason you don't hear this guys name more is because he plays beside Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman and Aldon Smith. If Brooks went to pretty much any other team, he would be their best LB period.

I don't know about that. You put him on the Panther's as an OLB Kuechly is still the best backer on that team for example. Brooks was never really given a chance in the systems before Fangio's. Funny how better coaching staff can see talent then coach it up as opposed to staff prior. Singletary was just a stubborn dumbass that did not promote competition the way Harbs does. And therefore, the staff before missed out on so much potential.

Good job finding one other team where he would be the #2 LB! Brooks was brought in after a troubled past in college and with the Bungles, everyone on planet Earth knew he was extremely talented he just hadn't "got it" yet. Anyway thanks for proving my point for me.

Didn't prove any point. I just listed 1 team as an example, and that proves your point? lol

You're making yourself look foolish man. Ahmad Brooks is an All-Pro LB, one of the best in the league, as a fan of this team you not being able to see that is a shame.

No, I am very much of a fan. That doesn't mean I have to be completely totally and utterly biased about it. I'm not saying he would be BAD, but give credit to the awesome scheme we have too!

I will concede that the scheme is great but I think it's ridiculous to suggest that I or any other 49er fans are being biased calling an All-Pro LB one of the better LBs in the NFL.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Agreed, Brooks is the one LB who can and IS proven at each LB position in the 3-4 and 4-3. They move him inside on the DL to rush, stunt, drop back in coverage and I don't have the film on it, but was Brooks playing inside (MIKE/TED) when he made those two critical stops in the Carolina game?
he is the most valuable player on our defense that no one talks about
Agreed, Brooks is the one LB who can and IS proven at each LB position in the 3-4 and 4-3. They move him inside on the DL to rush, stunt, drop back in coverage and I don't have the film on it, but was Brooks playing inside (MIKE/TED) when he made those two critical stops in the Carolina game?

An all-pro OLB that nobody talks about (and is clutch). Crazy eh?

yea I find it weird that he is the one taking the pay cuts. I wonder if the staff just asked the whole team who is willing to free up some cap space to make the team better overall and he volunteered
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

yea I find it weird that he is the one taking the pay cuts. I wonder if the staff just asked the whole team who is willing to free up some cap space to make the team better overall and he volunteered

With Rogers and Whitner gone, really, we just don't have many "high" contracts TBH. I would imagine he would be in a pool of 4 or 5 that could be reworked and front-loaded? Here you go:

76 Davis, Anthony RT 2019 $7,532,266
85 Davis, Vernon TE 2015 $7,342,916
53 Bowman, NaVorro ILB 2018 $7,050,000
94 Smith, Justin DE 2015 $6,936,666
52 Willis, Patrick ILB 2016 $6,863,000
55 Brooks, Ahmad OLB 2017 $6,600,000
21 Gore, Frank RB 2014 $6,450,000
91 McDonald, Ray DE 2015 $5,346,985

I guess we could restructure Gore's contract but the FO already said they didn't have to. This is Justin/Gore's last year IMHO and we may look to restructure McDonald nest year as well esp. if Dial/Carradine pan out. In short, we'll have a bunch come off the books next year...like releasing Rogers will save us $6.6M this year alone. His 2014 cap figure was $8,094,531.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM ]

Don't disagree Chuck but I had to smile at the irony. 76 pages so far of no one talking!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
u guys think they could kick ahmad inside and play tank or lemonier outside while bowman is out? didnt brooks play mlb in college and with the bengals? dude is a probowler and its stupid to think about moving him but to fill in for a while i dont think it would hurt, the guy is a good all around linebacker anyway. seeing him and willis in the middle for a while might be pretty fun to watch

Tank is a DE.
I'm still wondering if the rumors are true that Brooks took a pay cut
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 4m
RT @Jason_OTC: Looks like OLB Ahmad Brooks has restructured contract with #49ers, creating just over $2M in cap.
[ Edited by GNS1310 on Jul 29, 2014 at 3:49 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by GNS1310:
RT @Jason_OTC: Looks like OLB Ahmad Brooks has restructured contract with #49ers, creating just over $2M in cap.

Making space for Crabs?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

Making space for Crabs?

Let's hope so!

Keep the core together Great Job

Making space for Crabs?

Hope to god so

Proudly wear his jersey! Good man, Brooks. All about team...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Making space for Crabs?

Hope to god so

Or, Boone.
Share 49ersWebzone