LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
just saw something on facebooks that brooks took another pay cut and posted a tweet that said "Money rules the world, it just dont rule me". I havent seen any sources confirm this but dam if its true brooks just jumped up my list on favorite current 49ers. True team player, cares about the rings and not the green

Hopefully any pay decrease was coupled with another extension. He gets overshadowed by Bow and Willis but he is a bad ass too. This is the best line backing corps we have ever had hands down. 10 years from now we're still gonna be talking about them.

Do you know the facebook page guys? And I saw that tweet, thought it sounded weird. Checked the nflpa database no changes yet. No word on Miller extension. Trying my but off to get them.

it was on 49er fans forever
I smell a long term deal coming for someone. If all of this talk of Brooks redoing his deal is legit then the FO is working on other contracts to free up space to sign one of our guys long term. My guess would be either Kap, Crabs, or possibly even Hunter.

yea thats what i was thinking or maybe they have their eye on a free agent
just saw something on facebooks that brooks took another pay cut and posted a tweet that said "Money rules the world, it just dont rule me". I havent seen any sources confirm this but dam if its true brooks just jumped up my list on favorite current 49ers. True team player, cares about the rings and not the green

Man
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Hopefully any pay decrease was coupled with another extension. He gets overshadowed by Bow and Willis but he is a bad ass too. This is the best line backing corps we have ever had hands down. 10 years from now we're still gonna be talking about them.

Do you know the facebook page guys? And I saw that tweet, thought it sounded weird. Checked the nflpa database no changes yet. No word on Miller extension. Trying my but off to get them.

it was on 49er fans forever

If that is true
I smell a long term deal coming for someone. If all of this talk of Brooks redoing his deal is legit then the FO is working on other contracts to free up space to sign one of our guys long term. My guess would be either Kap, Crabs, or possibly even Hunter.

Desean Jackson?
If true, it wouldn't surprise me if they took out the de-escalators.

These are the types of guys I love having on the Niners
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Desean Jackson?

Negative. It will go either to Kap, Crabs, or Aldon Smith. I think Hunter can be redone without breaking the bank. If he gets redone i'd expect more of the 2 or 3 year, low salary variety as opposed to the 4-5 big money deal the other three command.
[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on Mar 22, 2014 at 5:14 PM ]
Plus why hasn't anyone reported on this?
Plus why hasn't anyone reported on this?

If im not mistaken doesn't the league office close for business on the weekends? So there may be an agreement in place but it won't be official until the league receives the paperwork.

Chris Culliver?
Desean Jackson?

Negative. It will go either to Kap, Crabs, or Aldon Smith. I think Hunter can be redone without breaking the bank. If he gets redone i'd expect more of the 2 or 3 year, low salary variety as opposed to the 4-5 big money deal the other three command.

It's almost certainly for Kap. We have Aldon for two more years. Crabs is going to want too much, and we are in the middle of a deep WR draft.
I dont know the exact numbers but its going to take more than one player restructuring or extending to free up enough space to afford any of the above mentioned guys.
I dont know the exact numbers but its going to take more than one player restructuring or extending to free up enough space to afford any of the above mentioned guys.

yea extending aldon. kaep, and crabs will be difficult even with more restructures. I think we will have to hit some serious homeruns on this draft so we can feel comfortable releasing some other players next year to make room
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

These are the types of guys I love having on the Niners

Yea these are the players who will be niners for life. Screw players like Tbrown and Goldson who just want the green and choose big pay days on sucky teams who will never sniff a superbowl
Share 49ersWebzone