LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Right now Ahmad Brooks is as good as the best players at the position. His awareness on sweeps and screens makes you think he knows the play calling from the opposing offense.

plus he doesnt jump offside anymore
Originally posted by LosAngeles49er:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
all that im saying is brooks is playing the best ball in his life..add that to the beast play of aldon that we can expect for the rest of the season meaning more pressure more sacks more fumble more picks and our offense only going to get better with crabtree and more football for manningham we r going to be very scary playoff time..no1 will want to face us..feels good knowing that the best is yet to come ..

how f**ked is it that aldon will likely still post 10+ sacks after missing 5 games?

I love it lol..he might have more..hes the best pass rusher in football when hes right..our defense as a whole is dominant..im all for resigning whitner..hes playing great all season n a great mentor to reid..
SO damn TRUE!! wHITNER being a fukkin SHARK this season!! and OUR entire LB Core Brooks, Bowman, Willis, ALL DONE, and Cowboy have been BEARS, esp as of late... I'M LOVING OUR DEFENSE THIS YR.... BROCK is BEASTIN TOO!!!

Brock gets burned on the come back routes
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Nice write up on Brooks in the "Secret Superstar" series by Pro football focus

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/06/20/secret-superstar-ahmad-brooks-olb-san-francisco-49ers/

The 49ers were arguably the most surprising team in 2011, and it was almost completely due to their defense. On the defensive line both Justin Smith and Ray McDonald improved, even though we had thought Smith's play in 2010 was as good as it gets for 3-4 defensive ends. At linebacker, Patrick Willis continued to play at an All-Pro level, NaVorro Bowman showed he should be a great inside linebacker for years to come, while Aldon Smith was outstanding as a rookie pass rusher. At defensive back, an underachieving Carlos Rogers finally lived up to the hype of being a Top 10 draft pick.

Those players have been mentioned plenty by Pro Football Focus as well by as the rest of the media. What makes the 49ers defense even scarier is that they have strong starters at the other positions as well. One that especially stands out is left outside linebacker Ahmad Brooks. It was a long journey for Brooks to make it to the NFL, to the 49ers, and ultimately to the starting lineup in San Francisco. With so many star performances it became easy to overlook the impact he made, but Brooks made the plays the 49ers needed him to make.

It's hard not to look at this LB corps as tops in the NFL

Brooks when he was a sophomore/junior was considered a top five pick by many draft gurus
Ballin' out of his mind as of late.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by LosAngeles49er:
Originally posted by crabman82:
all that im saying is brooks is playing the best ball in his life..add that to the beast play of aldon that we can expect for the rest of the season meaning more pressure more sacks more fumble more picks and our offense only going to get better with crabtree and more football for manningham we r going to be very scary playoff time..no1 will want to face us..feels good knowing that the best is yet to come ..

how f**ked is it that aldon will likely still post 10+ sacks after missing 5 games?

I love it lol..he might have more..hes the best pass rusher in football when hes right..our defense as a whole is dominant..im all for resigning whitner..hes playing great all season n a great mentor to reid..
SO damn TRUE!! wHITNER being a fukkin SHARK this season!! and OUR entire LB Core Brooks, Bowman, Willis, ALL DONE, and Cowboy have been BEARS, esp as of late... I'M LOVING OUR DEFENSE THIS YR.... BROCK is BEASTIN TOO!!!

Brock gets burned on the come back routes

yeah he has been getting beat on comebacks only bc im thinking hes worried about the long ball..he started his 1st game last game..give him time im starting to see star potention in him..don't be surprised if in 1-2 years hes considered a top cb in the league..revis wasn't considered a top cb until about his 3rd year..
Two sacks against a fairly mobile QB (RGIII still has not regained his elusiveness) is pretty good for your fourth best LB! I'm trying to think of a LB group I had as much respect for and NO is the only group I can come up with--Ricky Jackson, Sam Mills, Vaughn Johnson and Pat Swilling as the Dome Patrol...20 pro bowls between them.

But this group is better. Brooks is the oldest of the group at 29, with Willis at 28, Bowman 25 and Aldon 23. They could have another five years together wrecking havoc on offenses. Love this group and would not be surprised if Brooks becomes better than Willis and/Aldon soon. Willis has taken a beating over his career...tough to play the way he does for long. Hope the back ups can give these guys some rest before the playoffs.
What makes this LB group so special is their versatility and skill set. Brooks is just one of these guys who you can line up at all 4 spots, you can rush him, play him in coverage, start him anywhere along the DL, rush him, drop him back in coverage (for a pick-6), blow up field and seal the edge on a RB while also, playing OFF his blocker and making TFL, sacks, pressures, hits, etc. But what separates this group even more is that they are CLUTCH. Bowman & Brooks in the Falcons game, Brooks sack in the Superbowl, Willis, Aldon, etc. They ALL have the ability to step up when it matters most. I personally d/n think Fangio is utilizing them all to their fullest abilities (esp. Bowman/Willis) BUT, these guys are so good, you can use them in ANY defense, scheme or personnel package and they will do their jobs. All 4 are absolute professionals at their craft and are always looking to get better. Class acts. Love every one of them.
Watching him rush the passer off the edge is fun to watch ... he is more intense and focused this year ...he has been an absolute VICIOUS Linebacker
Now, based on his performance, other D coordinators have much more to plan for. They can't double team Justin, Aldon, and Brooks.
When rushing this year I think he sees Lamar Divens back there and wants to kick his ass some more for taking his keys away.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Now, based on his performance, other D coordinators have much more to plan for. They can't double team Justin, Aldon, and Brooks.

Yes, I've thought about the poor guys looking at this front seven and finding the only weakness as back up DL. But the back up DL are greatly helped by a LB crew that is a real steal curtain. It is so darn disconcerting to know that if you get by Dobbs or JE you then run into Willis or Bowman! So they have to double Justin and then decide who else to double...and then hope Willis and Bowman stay back, because Aldon and Brooks coming off the corners shut down the outside and can still reach the QB...yowza!

I'm hoping the 9ers can get to the playoffs healthy. As other teams start suffering from injuries the niners have already had their share.
He won his appeal on the Brees hit. What a joke. f**k you Goodell. You are lucky we are going to take the division this weekend or else i'd be pissed off even more.

f**king whack ass NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/27/ahmad-brooks-wins-appeal-on-drew-brees-hit/

"10 out of 10 times" its called." Only if you are a fully blind, half retarded 68 year old referee.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He won his appeal on the Brees hit. What a joke. f**k you Goodell. You are lucky we are going to take the division this weekend or else i'd be pissed off even more.

f**king whack ass NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/27/ahmad-brooks-wins-appeal-on-drew-brees-hit/

"10 out of 10 times" its called." Only if you are a fully blind, half retarded 68 year old referee.

Why did you have to reopen that wound?
[ Edited by KegBert on Dec 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]

f**king whack ass NFL

As he should...that was an "Oops, our bad!" move by the NFL as a way of saying, "Sorry, we realize you'd be the #1 seed in the NFL right but."

"And BTW, eff you...P.I. on Whitner! Hahahaha!"
Originally posted by NCommand:

f**king whack ass NFL

As he should...that was an "Oops, our bad!" move by the NFL as a way of saying, "Sorry, we realize you'd be the #1 seed in the NFL right but."

"And BTW, eff you...P.I. on Whitner! Hahahaha!"

Yeah i think they fined him initially just because it was such a big deal at the time. Now that the temperature has cooled, they "all of a sudden" realize it was a clean shot.

NFL is shady and its obvious. It's like they think we are stupid or something and can't read between the lines.
Share 49ersWebzone