LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thank you Brooks for once again, showing up and coming up clutch for us in a big game.

2nd in tackles, 3 sacks, 3 TFL, 1 PD and 4 more QB hits.

Brooks reminded the team that he deserves every penny of that contract he got. Let us hope that he continues to get after QBs like he has.

Agreed...with more Aldon in there, he was finally able pin his ears back a bit. Most well-rounded complete LB we have. 6.5 sacks. He may finally get that double-digit sack total everyone lusts over despite playing the SAM and in a very vanilla 3-4!
Damn Good!
Boss!
So underrated, smh.
Ahmad Brooks is a major reason we were in the SB last year. I think he is the most underrated LB in the league. No one really talks about him because he isn't flashy and simply does his job on the field. But the guy is an absolute beast and I love that he plays with the Niners.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Ahmad Brooks is a major reason we were in the SB last year. I think he is the most underrated LB in the league. No one really talks about him because he isn't flashy and simply does his job on the field. But the guy is an absolute beast and I love that he plays with the Niners.

I wear my Brooks jersey proudly (mostly). LOL.

He was clutch on those sacks too...even put the Panthers OUT of FG range only, on thevery next play, for us to give up an easy, 7 yard pass-ish right down the middle for the game-winning FG. I was so pissed!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Brooks is maybe our best overall player on defense this year. He's not elite at anything, but he is very good at run defense, sets the edge great on running plays, solid pass rusher, and a very good pass defender. Dude is a swiss army knife on defense and seems to come up with CLUTCH tipped balls and sacks.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Brooks > Aldon, been sayin dat forever.
Originally posted by NCommand:

I wear my Brooks jersey proudly (mostly). LOL.

He was clutch on those sacks too...even put the Panthers OUT of FG range only, on thevery next play, for us to give up an easy, 7 yard pass-ish right down the middle for the game-winning FG. I was so pissed!

Yeah I was pissed about that too. But it's hard to blame our defense for this loss when our offense couldn't even get into field goal range the ENTIRE second half.
Skuta was awesome on Sunday as well. That one play where he set the edge and would not let the RB get to the outside. Forced him inside then shed the block and tackled the guy. He was pumped after that.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
So underrated, smh.

This 4real, that was sum b-s how the niners kept some of his incentive money, worth every dollar that they kept.
[ Edited by calinig4life on Nov 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM ]
I just want to take the time in the midst of all this controversy to acknowledge the stellar play of Ahmad. I hope that hit on Brees gets overshadowed real soon with his body of work this year. Just got to give the man props for being a beast this year so far. Carry on Ahmad

on another team he'd be a bigger star, hes 4th fiddle on a lb core with willis aldon and bowman. hes vaughn johnson as oppose to pat swilling sam mills or rickey jackson.
  • thl408
Brooks may not be a great pass rusher, but his ability to diagnose plays that go to his side is phenomenal. On NO's third play from scrimmage he completely blows up a screen pass to his side of the field (designed swing pass to Sproles). Bowman got credit for the -2 yard tackle, but Brooks was the catalyst on the play. He does this kind of stuff in every game it seems. I think Brees will have nightmares of Brooks whenever they play each other down the road.
He makes plays under pressure and in the clutch. I've noticed he doesn't get the weekly offsides penalty anymore. Or maybe i'm just too drunk these days to notice.

Anyone?
Share 49ersWebzone