There are 189 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Brooks is probably the 4th or 5th best lb on the team (have to see how Lemonade works out)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
This situation has definetely got weirder. Barrows story almost makes it sound like Divens profiled Brooks to try to get money.

yes, f**k divens. i have always advocated waiting for the facts to come out before one reacts
I don't think Divens is smart enough to plan this out from the beginning to drive Brooks home, purposely incite the drunken Brooks, got bashed and bleeding on the head, to extort money out of Brooks. I think it just occurred to Divens after the incident that he could get some money out of Brooks for keeping quiet, like a monetary settlement between 'friends'

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Brooks is probably the 4th or 5th best lb on the team (have to see how Lemonade works out)

which is a testament to just how good our LBs are...
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

which is a testament to just how good our LBs are...

hell yes .....and with Haralson coming back, and Lemonier, Skuta and Moody aboard, we are LOADED at LB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
hell yes .....and with Haralson coming back, and Lemonier, Skuta and Moody aboard, we are LOADED at LB

Haralson is just so key. esp after the higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k he was, disaster from last year i also think skuta is going to be just like craig dahl at safety. a person who is under the radar and will never be in the hall of fame but both guys can back up in two spots within their respective positions and be awesome players for us on special teams.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Haralson is just so key. esp after the higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k he was, disaster from last year i also think skuta is going to be just like craig dahl at safety. a person who is under the radar and will never be in the hall of fame but both guys can back up in two spots within their respective positions and be awesome players for us on special teams.

I have a feeling our special teams will be awesome this year, Dahl, Skuta and Ventrone will make a huge impact
Looks as if Divens turned out to be dirty. As for Brooks, attacking someone like that is a result of things building up. I am going to lean towards the side that Divens was dirty to begin with and pushing all the wrong buttons.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
This situation has definetely got weirder. Barrows story almost makes it sound like Divens profiled Brooks to try to get money.

yes, f**k divens. i have always advocated waiting for the facts to come out before one reacts

Yeah the telling part was how he was texting her g/f prior to the incident and noting Brooks was drunk. I just got the impression he knew full well he was going to mess with Brooks to the fullest extent and Brooks didn't stand for it any longer. Still no excuse for HOW he handled it but it is more understandable esp. when they both had a history of scrapping and messing with each other. So that's a million dollars per each two-inch cut (one for Brooks and one for Divens)? LOL.

Glad its over...time for real football.
Oh god that idiot goodell is about to stick his nose into the whole case (webzine front page)

I could see Goodell laying down a 4 game suspension on Brooks. If not, whiner teams like Seattle are going to make a stink about it. In regards to the blackmail, Divens will probably be disciplined as well, if not cut from the team first.
I'm guessing there won't be much punishment of Brooks by the league.

First there are no charges on Brooks for this event. So that lessens (but does not eliminate) the potential punishment

Second the event with the woman was 5 years ago and time between events matters when deciding punishment. Furthermore that event was handled through mediation and there is nothing on his record for it.

Brooks said the case had been expunged, and the Boone County (Ky) District Court has no record of it.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/07/goodell-will-review-brooks-case-is-he-waiting-for-49ers-to-act-first.html

His dismissal from college team will factor into the decision. But again that was quite a while ago.

The league also reserves the right to consider behavior that occurred before a player joined the NFL. Brooks had frequent run-ins at the University of Virginia and eventually was dismissed from the team.

I certainly do not excuse his behavior and I think he needs to get help for his behavior, especially under the influence of alcohol. But the lack of anything official on his record since college and the time past since his last problem should, in my opinion, minimize any punishment from the NFL.
[ Edited by BillWalshField on Jul 19, 2013 at 10:28 AM ]
I think 1 game suspension from Goodell on account of some history by Brooks. Without a charge on this incident, anything more by Goodell would be too much.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/teammate-tried-1-million-ahmad-145024642--nfl.html
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think 1 game suspension from Goodell on account of some history by Brooks. Without a charge on this incident, anything more by Goodell would be too much.

I'm sure there's more to this story than we know, but hitting someone over the head with a bottle is completely out of line... and I wouldn't be surprised if the suspension was higher. I guess it's a waiting game. And a great chance for Lemonier to prove himself.
Share 49ersWebzone