LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Like how Bowman was subbing for Willis (in coverage), I noticed they had Aldon Smith play the entire game (I believe) and even played in place of Brooks at LDE. I like it best when both are on the field at the same time but I wonder if they thought someone inside like McDonald had a better matchup? Anyway, it wasn't very effective it seemed...BUT the good thing that came of it was that Brooks was fresh on the entire last drive and kicked Rodgers ass! Game over...

Left side, strong side!
Didn't see much pressure most of the game but we did only have 3 rushers most of the time. Still pissed that 5 years later Brooks is still jumping offsides and making things worse by standing there then. He actually had his backed turned to the play. What if they let them have a free play. You would think him or the coaches would have said something to him. I have brought this up 15 times in the past few years... wish I had his cell # Anyways, he really came up big when it mattered most. He doesn't get that sack it's 2nd and 10 or less (depending on the play) to 3rd and 17. Who knows maybe they tie the game.

Edit: and the way we rotated WRs and everybody else (seen Dobbs in a bunch) I am wondering if ignore that we have 2 decent backups in Dobbs and Tukuafu and just go after a pass rushing DE like Justin. You don't really want to take them guys out but it would help prolong their careers and give them breathers making them more effective when they are in. Sidenote: Didn't watch closely but did Justin get pressure much today. Hard to expect him to when he is doubled every play.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 6:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Didn't see much pressure most of the game but we did only have 3 rushers most of the time. Still pissed that 5 years later Brooks is still jumping offsides and making things worse by standing there then. He actually had his backed turned to the play. What if they let them have a free play. You would think him or the coaches would have said something to him. I have brought this up 15 times in the past few years... wish I had his cell # Anyways, he really came up big when it mattered most. He doesn't get that sack it's 2nd and 10 or less (depending on the play) to 3rd and 17. Who knows maybe they tie the game.

Edit: and the way we rotated WRs and everybody else (seen Dobbs in a bunch) I am wondering if ignore that we have 2 decent backups in Dobbs and Tukuafu and just go after a pass rushing DE like Justin. You don't really want to take them guys out but it would help prolong their careers and give them breathers making them more effective when they are in. Sidenote: Didn't watch closely but did Justin get pressure much today. Hard to expect him to when he is doubled every play.

LOL...totally. To be fair, on replay it look liked Rodgers got Brooks, Sopoaga and J.Smith on that hard count. But for sure, that is one area I'd like to see him focus on more b/c one day it will hurt this team!

Do you have his Twitter account at least? LOL

Yeah, that was the theme today...everybody plays...everyone gets a shot. This really stood out to be as well.
http://twitter.com/ahmadbrooks55

If I had twitter I would ask him politely about that problem. He's been doing it for years. That's football 101, anyone with twitter should ask him if he knows what a free play is?

It's simple, you jump and can't get back onsides you go after the QB and if you get too close they will blow the play dead. You don't stand there like oh, my bad or turn your back to the play. I did think we had his offsides penalty fixed last year though. I'd have to watch it again to see if anyone else jumped.

Edit: and with everyone playing I'm surprised Jenkins didn't get in there on a reverse or something. Maybe we are saving that.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 9, 2012 at 7:50 PM ]
http://twitter.com/ahmadbrooks55

If I had twitter I would ask him politely about that problem. He's been doing it for years. That's football 101, anyone with twitter should ask him if he knows what a free play is?

It's simple, you jump and can't get back onsides you go after the QB and if you get too close they will blow the play dead. You don't stand there like oh, my bad or turn your back to the play. I did think we had his offsides penalty fixed last year though. I'd have to watch it again to see if anyone else jumped.

Edit: and with everyone playing I'm surprised Jenkins didn't get in there on a reverse or something. Maybe we are saving that.

It would probably be best if you asked politely.
Just a nod to Brooks. He was a monster in sacking and pressuring Rodgers late in the game. Makes me wonder why they didn't let him in earlier. I know Aldon is the pass rusher on the other side. Why not take Aldon out and try Brooks against Bulaga alternately. Like a rotation.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 9, 2012 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I don't have twitter but it's becoming a tradition for the past 3 years or so where I bring up Ahmad and him making things worse after jumping offsides by standing there. I'm just surprised a coach hasn't ever told him to finish the play and if you get to close to the QB they will blow the play dead. It's happened before where it's a free play and it's one less rusher.

I don't have twitter but it's becoming a tradition for the past 3 years or so where I bring up Ahmad and him making things worse after jumping offsides by standing there. I'm just surprised a coach hasn't ever told him to finish the play and if you get to close to the QB they will blow the play dead. It's happened before where it's a free play and it's one less rusher.

I'm sure our coaches don't say anything about it
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

I'm sure our coaches don't say anything about it

They're scared
This. IMO, was his best game as a Niner.

It was great to see him let loose.

I have no idea how he played ILB in college
Played great yesterday arguably best performer out of the front 7
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
This. IMO, was his best game as a Niner.

It was great to see him let loose.

Yeah, he did have the most pressures, hits and sacks (should have had 2 but that damn Rodgers gained .5 yard on one of his sacks). But its an interesting game b/c Brooks didn't play every snap as usual. And Aldon often rushed as a LDE (Brooks usual position). They did team up several times next to each other where Brooks loops under. It kept him fresh though esp. for the final drive where he took over. I've been telling ppl for a while now, being a starting WILL/SAM is a big difference from coming in on pass rushing downs fresh off the bench. There is SO much more to the position. We might see similar sets next week playing another spread offense. But I like it best when both Brooks/Smith are on the field at the same time with McDonald/Justin inside. I feel screens, RZ plays, etc. you NEED Brooks in at the SAM...his experience (instant play recognition) is critical.
Don't forget to thank Singletary for the great pickup
Originally posted by Travisty13:

He had a great game on sunday ....I cant wait to see him pounce on Stafford , he should make a big impact with Aldon getting most of the attention , and when the offense has to focus their attention on Brooks, Aldon and Cowboy will greatly benefit.

Damn I am LOVING This , our front 7 is vicious and difficult to prepare for , any of our front 7 could start on any team in the NFL ...the same for our DB's

This wasnt always the case the past few seasons huh , gone are the days of picking up players off the street and plugging them in and HOPING they can contribute .....even our reserves are solid and would get a lot of playing time with other teams, I am sure Grant, Gooden, Culliver, RJF could also start for a lot of teams too ....I'm loving our talent
Share 49ersWebzone