LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't think it's "blaming the media" to point out that the media usually completely ignores the 98% of NFL Athletes doing good work in their communities. It's just a tangential aspect of the story and it doesn't absolve him of responsibility for being an a-hole when he's drunk.
ok, maybe the term "blaming the media" was over the top and I agree with you. I appreciate good posters like G who keep me grounded and remind me that I tend to exaggerate other posters points of view. I am working on that but sad to say I probably need some sort of a prescription
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by English:
There is another thread for discussing the recent violent event. Please keep to the thread title

well I tend to think he is the most valuable player on our defense that no one talks about. That being said, if he gets hurt or has to miss playing time for whatever reason I am very very glad we resigned haralson . higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k was a disaster and we just can not go through another season by making brooks and smith play with one arm

Yes. The depth is getting better. Thankfully
There is another thread for discussing the recent violent event. Please keep to the thread title

well I tend to think he is the most valuable player on our defense that no one talks about. That being said, if he gets hurt or has to miss playing time for whatever reason I am very very glad we resigned haralson . higgins/huggins, whoever the f**k was a disaster and we just can not go through another season by making brooks and smith play with one arm

Having Haralson + Lemonier as backups will be big.

The NFL operates outside of the legal system. How much time do you guys think Brooks will serve (for a suspension)? Any similar cases?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Having Haralson + Lemonier as backups will be big.

The NFL operates outside of the legal system. How much time do you guys think Brooks will serve (for a suspension)? Any similar cases?

Please read the first post quoted here.
Please read the first post quoted here.

my bad
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
He should let it slide because they're friends and teammates.
If you have never had a fight with your friend after you go out drinking then I don't think you're normal.
And hospital trips have happened, it's just a part of life. The next day everyone's friends again.
Police have never been called (aside from once, but those wheren't friends and we talked about that time 1 year ago from yesterday lol
Oh and by the way, no charges where ever filled on that event either, and a guy lost his eye!!!)

Lets throw this one under boys will be boys ruling and get on with our lives

Btw haven't haralson and VD fought like 3-4 times already lol
Been in a few and seen plenty, the deal was is no one used a weapon. They were over quickly, usually quickly broken up, most were wrestling matches I don't think more than one punch was ever thrown. The repeated hits with a beer bottle is where this one crossed the line, and knowing Brooks history (guy punched a woman). I have been in plenty fights back in the day. I am old school, no weapons, never throw the first punch, and walk away as soon as the other guy stops fighting back.
ROMO v2.

my bad, forgot they nerfed the zone, should probably change the title of the other thread.
Originally posted by 5280High:

my bad, forgot they nerfed the zone, should probably change the title of the other thread.

Or make new thread with fitting title. This would be more simple though.
Originally posted by BobS:
If you have never had a fight with your friend after you go out drinking then I don't think you're normal.
And hospital trips have happened, it's just a part of life. The next day everyone's friends again.
Police have never been called (aside from once, but those wheren't friends and we talked about that time 1 year ago from yesterday lol
Oh and by the way, no charges where ever filled on that event either, and a guy lost his eye!!!)

Been in a few and seen plenty, the deal was is no one used a weapon. They were over quickly, usually quickly broken up, most were wrestling matches I don't think more than one punch was ever thrown. The repeated hits with a beer bottle is where this one crossed the line, and knowing Brooks history (guy punched a woman). I have been in plenty fights back in the day. I am old school, no weapons, never throw the first punch, and walk away as soon as the other guy stops fighting back.

A dbag threat mixed with drinks, nothing more. It's just bad timing with the whole AHernandez serial killings and mafiar stuff.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by BobS:

Its how guys deal with issues, better than gossiping behind another dudes back like a woman. Friends fight, get their anger out and resolve it and then share a beer and a smoke then are better friends for it afterwards.

To be clear its acceptable for friends to fight eachother, but the roided out D-bags at bars who pick fights can suck it.
I get the whole don't drive drunk stuff... I don't get taking another mans keys. Especially if they are not boys like that yet.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by KegBert:
I don't know how drunk he was maybe he was blackout drunk, maybe he wasn't, either way it doesn't make what he did ok. I was just simply pointing out that if you are to the point where you are black out drunk you really don't know what your doing and have no control over your actions. Again not saying its an excuse for what he did, simply that's its very possible he was not aware of it at the time because he was so intoxicated. From your post it sounds like you have been in this state so I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about.

First of all, it's just alcohol. It's not LSD or PCP. No matter how drunk you are, you don't think you can fly, or think giant spiders are chasing you. Unless you are taking hard narcotics, you can still understand the world around you. If you drink and don't stop, you will either pass out, puke, and / or suffer brain damage or die from alcohol poisoning. As long as there is no brain damage, the brain works just fine, it just has less oxygen. Lack of oxygen to the brain does not cause you to lose control over your actions. You know if you are being violent or assaulting someone, etc., you just care less about the consequences of your actions.
"I hit him because I was drunk" -- b******t. You hit him because you didn't care about the consequences of your actions.

Second, if Brooks was anywhere near, as you say, "black out" drunk, he wouldn't have been able to stand up on his own, much less hit a target three times with a beer bottle.

LSD? PCP? I never mentioned those once in my post, nor did I ever claim that alcohol was a hallucinogen so I really don't know why you bring that up.

To the rest of your post, for the most part, it is completely incorrect but since you seem unwilling to take my word for It Ill provide some links.

You say alcohol doesn't make you lose control of your actions. Not true.

A Blacked-Out Person: A Scary Reality
People in a blackout do not forget what happened, as widely believed. The truth is, they will never remember, because alcohol blocked their ability to form memory. People who are blacked out can remember things from their distant past, but because they cannot form short-term memory, they can't remember anything that happened a minute ago. Without short-term memory formation, they CANNOT:
  • learn
  • think
  • plan
  • form intent
  • consider consequences
  • make a decision

http://www.creighton.edu/studentlife/officeoftheasstdeanofstudents/alcoholdrugeducation/dangerousdrinking/blackouts/index.php

You then contend that if Brooks was black out drunk that he would not have been able to stand or have the ability to hit someone with a beer bottle. Again, simply not true.

In simpler terms, the effect is similar to anterograde amnesia in that the brain temporarily loses the ability to create new memories. Blackout sufferers still may be able to partake in spirited discussions or send late-night emails to former employers. What they won't be able to do is create memories of any of it. And of course, there's a dark side to all this. Blackouts tend to indicate a high level of intoxication, during which time drinkers don't exhibit their best judgment, raising the risk of dangerous behavior such as having unprotected sex or driving a car.

http://gizmodo.com/5977688/what-happens-to-your-brain-when-you-get-black+out-drunk
[ Edited by KegBert on Jul 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by keeferr75:
I get the whole don't drive drunk stuff... I don't get taking another mans keys. Especially if they are not boys like that yet.

The whole story is that Divens drove them all back to Brooks house because Brooks was to intoxicated to drive, when Brooks asked for his keys back (Im assuming to get into his house which makes more sense then him planning on going for a drive) Divens pretended to throw them in his yard, Drunken Brooks took offense to the sarcastic joke and in his intoxicated state he decided to teach Divens a lesson by thumping him on the head. I find it funny though that the media other then the original report wants to assume and put it into peoples heads that Brooks was planning on going for a drive.
Share 49ersWebzone