LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 430 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm not tired of it at all as I agree.

But a man with initials M and D may.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. MD has posted lots if negative stuff on or about AB. I guess it's safe to say MD was dead wrong.

MD was wrong about something?!?! NOOO! No way!
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. MD has posted lots if negative stuff on or about AB. I guess it's safe to say MD was dead wrong.

Instead of admitting to that, now he says we overpaid em.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Instead of admitting to that, now he says we overpaid em.

To be fair to MD, Brooks underachieved early in his career. So he wasn't totally wrong. Maybe MD wasn't into resurrection project in Brooks, but Singletary and McCloughan were. It wasn't until Brooks came to the Niners. Sat himself as a backup for a year, that he began to show some sign of serious football efforts. The lacerated kidney held him back too.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
From the same guys who brought you Chilo Rachal, Secret Superstar!!!

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/14/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/

His stardom is so secret, we still haven't seen it.

WTFITS!
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/14/secret-superstar-chilo-rachal-san-francisco-49ers/

WTFITS!

Perfect fail. Even the pic of an exasperated Chilo looking down at the article.
No NFL player signs a 6 year 44 million dollar contract with 7.5 million guaranteed and is a secret.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

WTFITS!

Perfect fail. Even the pic of an exasperated Chilo looking down at the article.
lol!
Originally posted by Overkill:
Nice posts OP & NCommand.

I can't frigging wait for the season to start!

Agree across the board!
I'll always remember when he sacked Colt McCoy without a helmet !!!!!!!!! ....I LOVE our LB's
Ncommand is now writting for ProFootballWeekly...(not really).

After signing a new six-year, $44.5 million deal this offseason, there's a strong feeling in San Francisco that LOLB Ahmad Brooks is on the cusp of quickly proving himself extremely worthy of his substantial payhike. Brooks, who registered career highs in sacks (seven) and tackles (50) in 2011, rewarded the 49ers by remaining in Santa Clara the entire offseason and showing up to training camp in the best shape of his life. "I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leading the team in sacks this year," one team insider said. "There has always been talk that he could be a special Lawrence Taylor-type talent, a 270-pounder who can play like a 230-pounder and beat you on the edge with both his power and speed. He seems different, a lot more comfortable in his own skin." Brooks also figures to benefit from a few more breathers courtesy of ex-starter Parys Haralson, who remains a stalwart backup.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/08/10/brooks-looking-like-a-beast-for-49ers

That's crazy talk.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

After signing a new six-year, $44.5 million deal this offseason, there's a strong feeling in San Francisco that LOLB Ahmad Brooks is on the cusp of quickly proving himself extremely worthy of his substantial payhike. Brooks, who registered career highs in sacks (seven) and tackles (50) in 2011, rewarded the 49ers by remaining in Santa Clara the entire offseason and showing up to training camp in the best shape of his life. "I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leading the team in sacks this year," one team insider said. "There has always been talk that he could be a special Lawrence Taylor-type talent, a 270-pounder who can play like a 230-pounder and beat you on the edge with both his power and speed. He seems different, a lot more comfortable in his own skin." Brooks also figures to benefit from a few more breathers courtesy of ex-starter Parys Haralson, who remains a stalwart backup.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/08/10/brooks-looking-like-a-beast-for-49ers

That's crazy talk.

LMAO! It took them a few years but happy to finally have these guys see the light. LOL.

On a serious note, stoked for Brooks/this team. In the bold prediction thread I did pick him to have more sacks over Aldon (Left side...Strong side!) BUT that would be pretty unprecedented for a SAM to have more sacks than a WILL. The average sacks for a SAM is 4.5. Brooks had 8 last year. But if any SAM is capable, Brooks has the talent (and will) to do it.

PS: Love the videos of Brooks/Aldon's friendly competition of Brooks/McDonald vs. Smith/Smith. Wow! I can't wait to see these guys ball-out and compete against each other?
Nice article on Brooks.

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/09/04/gameday-story-crushing-it/

Love these player-props articles.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I think Brooks is primed to explode. With the two Smiths on the other side, Brooks should be looking at some one-on-one matchups, no?

Only gripe about Brooks... if he thinks he was offsides, he stops and stands there. Sometimes it takes him out of the play. He fixes that small thing, he will be a handful. Don't hear a whistle? Go give that QB a good SMACK!

Agreed, he needs to just keep going, if he still going to get the call, might as well not allow the qb a free shot to throw down field.
Originally posted by 9erred:
No NFL player signs a 6 year 44 million dollar contract with 7.5 million guaranteed and is a secret.

I'm glad he didn't get a lot Guaranteed, he's the kind of guy that needs motivation, I'm sure 36.5 million will make him work for it, He's shown up to camp in the best football shape of his life..
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That's crazy talk.

I swear to God right when I read "That's Crazy Talk" , Principle Skinner on the Simpsons said "That's Crazy Talk" at the exact same moment. WTF!?!
Share 49ersWebzone