LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GEEK:
One of the most under appreciated players on our team. He does everything very well, but not elite. Yeah he has a few false starts every now and then, but that happens.

One of the more underrated players in the league, much less our team! This thread is ridiculous.
I think A Brooks is a decent pass rusher, only real issue I have with him is off sides too often, extending drives. Otherwise I give him a B+
Originally posted by NTeply49:
last 2 years combined - 96 total tackles, 3 forced fumbles, 0 fumble recoveries, 13.5 sacks 9 passes defended, 1 interception, 1 td.

time to start looking at 2015 and beyond

You know, Colin Kaepernick only threw for 10 touchdowns in his 7 starts. That only projects to 23 touchdowns over the course of a 16 game season. He's probably going to be looking for a Joe Flacco like deal, so we may need to look at QB at pick 31 as an insurance in case CK's contract demands are too high. And that Aldon Smith guy, who is he without Justin Smith? We might need to replace both of our OLBs by 2015. Justin Smith? Old and clearly not worth the 8 million dollar salary he will receive in 2013. That money could be better spent elsewhere.

We could play this replacement game with every player on the team....
The draft can't get here soon enough.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Terry Donnahue approves of this idea.

Ahmad Brooks... the NEW Manny Lawson. We should move him to safety already!
Lol, how did I miss this one? Is this serious?
I agree.
this thread fails horribly.

brooks is a starter on ANY NFL team. there is nothing that this guy cant do. lock this s**t~
he is super clutch

Where is my post on this thread? Why is it gone? I called this s*t out 50 posts ago. Get serious OP. Talk about salary. But don't abuse a player's performance just to smack down money. Lock er up.

BTW buck, regarding stats, why are league numbers so different from team numbers?

Did you notice Aldon's run numbers?
Ahmad is a Good situational Pass rusher, i feel he was used too much everydown last season due to lack of depth with the Harylson injury and by the time December & the playoffs started, Ahmad was worn out due to too many snaps. If he was a situational pass rusher, he'd be even better. Remember he was a Beast in college at Virginia, it was just a little off field stuff that made him drop in to the supllementle draft. Otherwise he would have been a higher pick atleast in the 1st 2 rounds of the 06' draft.
Its hard to believe the PL wolves havent gotten this thread locked already
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Ahmad is a Good situational Pass rusher, i feel he was used too much everydown last season due to lack of depth with the Harylson injury and by the time December & the playoffs started, Ahmad was worn out due to too many snaps. If he was a situational pass rusher, he'd be even better. Remember he was a Beast in college at Virginia, it was just a little off field stuff that made him drop in to the supllementle draft. Otherwise he would have been a higher pick atleast in the 1st 2 rounds of the 06' draft.

I mean Aldon Smith is a good situational pass rusher too, but they're just really good players in general who could use some rotational rest.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Where is my post on this thread? Why is it gone? I called this s*t out 50 posts ago. Get serious OP. Talk about salary. But don't abuse a player's performance just to smack down money. Lock er up.

BTW buck, regarding stats, why are league numbers so different from team numbers?

Did you notice Aldon's run numbers?

I did not notice the difference, point it out to me. What post are you referring to?
But, the team numbers are often different from the league numbers; usually in favor of the player.
The league numbers are the "official" numbers.

Edit: I checked the 49ers web site and the NFL website

http://www.49ers.com/team/statistics.html

66, 50, 16, 19.5

http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/statistics?season=2012&team=SF&seasonType=REG

They look the same to me. Help, where did you see different stats.

Are you are referring to the numbers in post #47, and that I copied in a later post?

If you are those numbers are not stats from the 49ers or the NFL.
Those numbers are the ranking given to players in different categories by Pro Football Focus.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone