There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaDainian Tomlinson retires

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he may be top 5

other than barry sanders and jim brown it is very debatable who is up there and LT is definitely in th e conversation

Walter Payton is definately up there with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. I think those are generally considered the top 3 RB of all time.

I'd also personally put Earl Campbell up there with the top 3. He had a shortened career, but that guy was a freaking beast among pro-athletes. In his first 6 years he made 5 pro-bowls. I guess it depends on what you consider when judging a career, because Earl Campbell's running style was so damn violent nobody could have lasted a long time.

If you had to pick a RB that would be your starter for 5 years, IMO Earl Campbell is just as good as Payton, Brown or Sanders.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jun 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
the best running back that I ever saw.

Barry Sanders

I should reiterate from the beginning of his career to the end. I never saw Sanders' entire career. Only the middle and the end.
[ Edited by niners4lyfe on Jun 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM ]
LT was average for most of his career. he only had 1 or maybe 2 good years- sarcasm
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
IMO Earl Campbell is just as good as Payton, Brown or Sanders.

Interesting opinion.
Raider killer. I always admired his work against them.

He has been trying to have a kid for the past 10 years and nothing....until two years ago.
his 06-07 year though..

1815 yards rushing
5.2 ypc
28 td's
508 receiving yards
3 td's receiving
2 td's PASSING