The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
If what you are saying is correct, then Aldon would have been arrested and charged with another DUI yesterday. Why would the police department just let him go if, according to the law, he should have received another one for being a passenger?
he wasn't just let go

Um, yes he was. He was detained for being drunk and let go. No charges. No arrests. That's what let go means.
When you're detained, you're not free to go, until the cops release you

Everyone gets released the next day, unless you have warrants

Jesus Christ. SMFH.
But he was cited and detained

Dude. We all know that. We have been saying he was detained from the start. You, shockingly, are missing the point.

If what you are saying is correct, that you can get a DUI as a passenger if you have been convicted of a DUI in the past was true, Aldon would have gotten a DUI yesterday. He wouldnt have been detained and let go.

I am not sure how I can make this any more simple for you to understand.
It all depends if the driver gets a DUI

Plus the DUI charge would come in court, not at the police station
If what you are saying is correct, then Aldon would have been arrested and charged with another DUI yesterday. Why would the police department just let him go if, according to the law, he should have received another one for being a passenger?
he wasn't just let go

Um, yes he was. He was detained for being drunk and let go. No charges. No arrests. That's what let go means.

Jesus Christ. SMFH.

Dude. We all know that. We have been saying he was detained from the start. You, shockingly, are missing the point.

If what you are saying is correct, that you can get a DUI as a passenger if you have been convicted of a DUI in the past was true, Aldon would have gotten a DUI yesterday. He wouldnt have been detained and let go.

If and when that happens, I will be the first to apologize to you. Until it does, I am just going to assume that common sense prevails and a passenger cannot get a DUI.
he wasn't just let go

Jesus Christ. SMFH.

If and when that happens, I will be the first to apologize to you. Until it does, I am just going to assume that common sense prevails and a passenger cannot get a DUI.

It's not going to happen because this is not a law. The woman driving was taken in on suspicion of DUI, the other passenger was taken in for public intoxication. Smith was held to sober up.
//
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
he wasn't just let go

Jesus Christ. SMFH.

It's not going to happen because this is not a law. The woman driving was taken in on suspicion of DUI, the other passenger was taken in for public intoxication. Smith was held to sober up.

Right....I mean....I know that. Most logical people know that. I guess we will see huh?
//
he wasn't just let go

Jesus Christ. SMFH.

Right....I mean....I know that. Most logical people know that. I guess we will see huh?

Ha...yeah I know you get it
Originally posted by kelson49er:
Lawyer here. No DUI without the 'D', as someone put it. I won two trials as a baby lawyer running the no-drive defense. Not a crime whatsoever to be drunk in a car, as long as you're a passenger.

Should add: in the state where I practice, driving means "physical control" of the vehicle. So, the example someone above gave re: drunk passenger grabbing the wheel is indeed a crime.

Fun fact: you can get a DUI for being drunk on a bicycle in my state. The definition of vehicle includes man-powered things like a bike. Hilarious. Also, awful.

This guy gets it. CA law is similar.
//
he wasn't just let go

Jesus Christ. SMFH.

I'm laughing really hard at the last few pages, but not really at Hoov and SWH. They too now know my pain.

I am also reminded of a scene from popular media:

Good luck and Godspeed, gentlemen.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
//
he wasn't just let go

Jesus Christ. SMFH.

I'm laughing really hard at the last few pages, but not really at Hoov and SWH. They too now know my pain.

I am also reminded of a scene from popular media:

Good luck and Godspeed, gentlemen.

Holy s**t
Free Aldon! I blame kap for him getting cut 2 years ago. He has hall a fame talent. Dam you booze!
This guy will never suit up again, unless it is in prison orange. The simple way to look at reinstatement is, if you were in charge of the NFL and its brand would you want this guy associated with it? I know, players have done this and worse and still played. But it is the sheer number of incidents and second (third, fourth) chances that he has already blown. He couldn't be more done. And what is he now, 27-28? Even if he is able to clean up his act he will be running out of prime football playing years. That the Raiders have not released this guy already does not reflect well on their organization.

Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Aldon sound drunk?

This is so sad really. I can't decide what is worse. That he thought he could pull off the lie, or that he was so messed up he did not even remember the truth. Watching him walk away toward the end of that clip he cannot even tow a straight line. Forget playing football again, I just hope he can control his demons enough to not die too young. He is exactly the right age to join the 27 club
I still can't believe that Aldon Smith is now an all out DOPE FIEND!
He looked awfull thin doesn't look like he's been to the gym in a long time.
I thought Raiders fans were being overdramatic when they said this guy would never play a down again.

I'm starting to believe it.

weed don't make you do that.
Share 49ersWebzone