LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
How doesn't match up ?

it was all a show..the Judge and Aldon's lawyers already had an agreement and is why Aldon pleaded to the 3 Felonies...otherwise it would have been self suicide to accept the felonies.

You and I can get charged for the same thing and walk away with misdemeanors with or without Lawyers

You made it sound like the prosecution was offering misdemeanor resolution, which they were not.

Don't think for a moment that you could get charged with the same thing and walk with just a misdo. If you don't get a judge with the backbone to stand up to the DA and reduce the felony charge(s) to misdemeanor(s), you'd be stuck with a felony.
Originally posted by buck:
I think that the California gun laws are stupid. Diane Feinstein from SF and the Bay Area has been for years one the leading national anti-gun legislators.

Funny thing is that she has a permit to carry, and did regularly carry, a concealed weapon. She also worked to make sure that getting a concealed-carry permit in California was very difficult. Talk about hypocrisy.

But, back to Aldon. Aldon screwed up by owning guns that were illegal in California. No use in attempting to ignore that.

How do one accidently obtain a gun? Did Aldon buy the guns by accident?

Seriously, if you own a gun or are thinking of purchasing a gun, it is up to you to make sure that the gun is legal--which is to say that it is up to you to make sure that it conforms precisely to each and every minor technical and mechanical specification of the law.

California has two laws that cover the specifics of the Aldon's three rifles. One of the laws in a felony, and the other is a misdemeanor.

The existence of the misdemeanor law provided the judge with the legal basis for lowering the charges.

You are right about the treatment of Aldon was overly harsh.

Charging Aldon with three felonies was unfair and a mistake. The judge made the proper corrections.

The next step is a ruling from the league. Prior to the sentencing I felt that Aldon should receive a minimum suspension.

After the sentencing, I re-examined my view and changed my mind.

Aldon has, in my estimation, paid for his errors in judgment. From what I can see, Aldon has taken, and is taking the steps required to turn his life around.

The 49er stuck with Aldon. The next step is to extend his contract. This should happen sometime before the beginning of the season next year. Locking Aldon up for the rest of his career should be a 49er priority.

Aldon legally purchased the guns in Arizona, and did not know he had to modify them when he brought them to California. It was not deliberately done by him, it was a mistake. No intent to disobey the law, or profit by it in any way, just a mistake. One that others have made, and will likely continue to make.

Wrong, but not felony behavior. Misdemeanor resolution was the right thing from the start, but don't try to tell that to the prosecutor in Aldon's case, or anyone else's case.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
this foo already out partying again.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

thats what Im talking about.

#neverchange
#bewhoyouare
#true2dagame
^^^ When keeping it real goes bad!
Originally posted by susweel:

thats what Im talking about.

#neverchange
#bewhoyouare
#true2dagame

#yolo

Really? Do you have a date for this photo? Because I think it's a pretty old photo. It's from a silly, gossip site called BroBible.

Why does a "Niner fan" post stuff like this?
Originally posted by crake49:
Really? Do you have a date for this photo? Because I think it's a pretty old photo. It's from a silly, gossip site called BroBible.

it's because some people take this Aldon thing too seriously

Yeah I was just gonna ask when this photo was taken, I highly doubt he was out taking shots of gin before training camp and with all the crap going on with him.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
also the drink isn't even in his hand lol

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah I was just gonna ask when this photo was taken, I highly doubt he was out taking shots of gin before training camp and with all the crap going on with him.

I'm more concerned with him going shirtless while wearing overalls.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That photo was taken after he found out he didn't have to go jail. A friend of mine seen him at a club in sf he said Aldon was doing shots like crazy.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm more concerned with him going shirtless while wearing overalls.

Straight-up country!
Originally posted by susweel:
That photo was taken after he found out he didn't have to go jail. A friend of mine seen him at a club in sf he said Aldon was doing shots like crazy.

Oh you . .
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If he wants to drink like a fish....he should do it in the privacy of his own home. I don't really care. Just don't let people take pictures of you doing dumb s**t, and don't get behind the wheel when you're tipsy.

Common sense isn't hard, is it?
Share 49ersWebzone