There are 108 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Aldon ain't doing time. These are his first gun charges and they have an understanding so long as Aldon stays on straight. He went no contest. The judge will not put him behind bars but he will be on probation. Aldon has too much money to do time

No way Aldon does time. But "Uncle Ron" is a Long Beach Terminal teamster, not an elite linebacker He did time even though it was reduced to a misdemeanor and it was his first criminal act outside of 1 DWI/DUI he got years ago. That he has been caught for that is.
Folk had a hardon about this stuff is all. By July 25 most folk have moved on. Then they fine him and give him probation.

So like a "cool-down" period? LOL. Like Obi-Wan Kenobi using the force on the public courts. "This isn't the Linebacker you are looking for, this is a nice guy who can make up a lot of tax revenue"

[ Edited by Rathmanator on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM ]
Meh.. I will feel a lot better about this once the season starts and Aldon is on the field, during a GAME. For now, I am dropping it and pretending he isn't going to be available.
Smith is NOT doing time and that is the only reason his attorney accepted the plea deal. Smith has to stay out of trouble and if he does so, he should get probation and community service.

The main thing is how many games he gets for the suspension. He essentially served five games last year and if he gets no jail time, I can't see more than two games.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Smith is NOT doing time and that is the only reason his attorney accepted the plea deal. Smith has to stay out of trouble and if he does so, he should get probation and community service.

The main thing is how many games he gets for the suspension. He essentially served five games last year and if he gets no jail time, I can't see more than two games.

I do not believe Aldon is doing jail time. I do expect him to get suspended, I just hope Florio actually knows what he is talking about. 2 games would be so SWEET, after all this BS.

Smith, 24, did not make a deal with the Santa Clara County District Attorney Office to plead to reduced or fewer charges but agreed to change his previous not guilty pleas to the felony and misdemeanor charges, Deputy District Attorney Brian Buckelew said.

"People have the right to change their plea at all times and what happened right now is that the defendant Mr. Smith changed his plea on all counts,"Buckelew said.

So, it wasn't a negotiated plea deal with the district attorney's office Buckelew said.

A no contest plea is the legal equivalent to an admission of guilt in criminal cases, but it does not constitute admitting guilt in civil lawsuits, Buckelew said.

Judge Daniel Nishigaya, who presided over the case today, took the no contest plea and found the defendant guilty of everything, Buckelew said.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/05/21/court-charge-drunk-driving-nfl-niners-san-francisco-49ers-linebacker-aldon-smith-pleads-no-contest-to-weapons-dui-charges/

And Marvin49 was right about the civil lawsuit stuff too.
[ Edited by Rathmanator on Jun 25, 2014 at 5:32 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
...uh...it WAS charged as 3 felonies and he plead no contest to all three...as felonies.

Now maybe the judge can bring them down to misdemeanors (I dunno if he has that power or not), but the "charged" phase is over. He's going to sentencing.
A DUI is a felony charge but never gets charged as a felony unless its a multiple offender. they always have it at the highest charge to scare people

Pleading is fighting the Felony charges right ?, Most cases the police just confiscate the weapons and a fine is charged..but since AS is a high profile case, he gets the worst of it.

4-5 Felonies in no joke and for the county to take this long to charge him with something a year later is an example of how the county makes more money then collecting a one time fine.

If you have any plans whatsover on being an attorney some day, I'll tell you right now you're not allowed to just make stuff up out of thin air...still waiting for you to explain how speeding can be a felony.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
If you have any plans whatsover on being an attorney some day, I'll tell you right now you're not allowed to just make stuff up out of thin air...still waiting for you to explain how speeding can be a felony.

I think I would hire Marvin49 if I needed to get out of the pokey and if I found out 49AllTheTime was my attorney I would just beg for them to keep me locked up and keep the sentence down.
...uh...it WAS charged as 3 felonies and he plead no contest to all three...as felonies.

Now maybe the judge can bring them down to misdemeanors (I dunno if he has that power or not), but the "charged" phase is over. He's going to sentencing.
A DUI is a felony charge but never gets charged as a felony unless its a multiple offender. they always have it at the highest charge to scare people

Pleading is fighting the Felony charges right ?, Most cases the police just confiscate the weapons and a fine is charged..but since AS is a high profile case, he gets the worst of it.

4-5 Felonies in no joke and for the county to take this long to charge him with something a year later is an example of how the county makes more money then collecting a one time fine.

There is no felony in CA for speeding. The cops can charge you with reckless driving causing injury and that could rise to the level of a felony, but that is a completely different offense.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

There is no felony in CA for speeding. The cops can charge you with reckless driving causing injury and that could rise to the level of a felony, but that is a completely different offense.

I know, there's multiple things you can do while "speeding" that can be charged as a felony...I was just responding to one of the many claims made by the resident sea lawyer.
I am reading now it could be a 1 game suspension.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Link it up yo.

I'd flip the eff out if that was the case.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

This is Aldons very first suspension and he purchased the guns legally. His problem is he didn't know to modify them by California law. This will be a wobbler and sentenced as misdemeanors with no time served and a steep fine and probation because these are also legally Aldons first ever gun charges.. The NFL will consider the time Aldon served already and I expect him to miss 2 games at the most four. He ain't exactly PacMan Jones yet
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:58 PM ]
this link?
I doubt he gets suspended. The 5 games he missed last year will count as his suspension
This is Aldons very first suspension and he purchased the guns legally. His problem is he didn't know to modify them by California law. This will be a wobbler and sentenced as misdemeanors with no time served and a steep fine and probation because these are also legally Aldons first ever gun charges.. The NFL will consider the time Aldon served already and I expect him to miss 2 games at the most four. He ain't exactly PacMan Jones yet

I would be so jacked if that is how it goes down. I was ready for more than 4 games, but I would take 4 and roll with that if he even gets that much.

With Bowman down for a while, there will be some impact and our youth will get some great experience playing, but I was not too keen on the idea of both of them being out. I totally like the 2 games idea.
Share 49ersWebzone