LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It's about time for that comment Jiks. Let's get on to something more savory, say something positive? Like # of 49ers in NFL Network top 100? You want to talk about stabbings, go to ERs at any hospital near gangland. You'll get plenty to talk about . Here, it has been beaten to death. Aldon screwed up. Focus on what , how and who is going to help get him on right road. Stabbings? just watch the daily news. C'mon you guys...

its off season.... pretty slow around here and DWIs and NFL players stabbed are news for now

plus there are other threads not stabbed to death as well
Yeah, Bliz, but after working ERs in Watts during the riots and later, too, trust me, you DO get tired of treating one stabbing and shooting after another. I get it that this is one of our future premier players, maybe for yrs to come, but somebody has to come up with something better than stabbings. Please?
Mexican rival gangs like bloods and crips
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Yeah, Bliz, but after working ERs in Watts during the riots and later, too, trust me, you DO get tired of treating one stabbing and shooting after another. I get it that this is one of our future premier players, maybe for yrs to come, but somebody has to come up with something better than stabbings. Please?

Im with ya!

I take turns being on ER call in the Bronx and HATE suturing up a laceration on a drunk fool !!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
This exactly. If you're going to be one of the top pass-rushers in the NFL you need to act like it
there is nothing more to add. perfect. i know some pooh pooh this as a 21 year old kid blowing off steam, sowing his wild oats. please a d.u.i and being stabbed is not exactly what you would expect from your star player. giving him a pass just cuz he is 21 and rich is just turning a blind eye .
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
My buddy was at the party. It was his boys fault (friends from Missouri ). The started charging $10 per person. Let hella norteño and sureños in. They were abt to fight and Aldon got in the middle of it. But fight started any way Aldon got stabbed. 2 people got shot and Aldon was helping him even though he was bleeding. It's just what I heard. D lay and boobie were also there. He showed me a clip on his cell of them playin beer pong.

?
square.

Edit: Two rival mexican food restraunts. Like Chipolte vs Chevy's

Second Edit: I can't believe they would let gang bangers into the party....That is beyond poor judgment on many levels. First off, you dont let strangers into your house when you are a rising NFL star, especially bangers.

Its Aldons fault all the away around. You dont let your boy make the calls on who is in and out. Wait until your off the Niners to promote Club Aldon.

I don't know Cali Mexican gangs...living on the opposite side of the country will do that to you.
square.

Second Edit: I can't believe they would let gang bangers into the party....That is beyond poor judgment on many levels. First off, you dont let strangers into your house when you are a rising NFL star, especially bangers.

Its Aldons fault all the away around. You dont let your boy make the calls on who is in and out. Wait until your off the Niners to promote Club Aldon.

Supposedly Aldon didn't know it. It was his dumbass roommates idea to charge cover like a club. Girls in free and dudes 10 a pop. 10 for a glass of jungle juice.
square.

Supposedly Aldon didn't know it. It was his dubmbass roommates idea to charge cover like a club. Girls in free and dudes 10 a pop. 10 for a glass of jungle juice.

All i know is if what you have to say is true then aldon needs some guidance or maybe an epiphany (sp) about what's most important.

Helping friends out is one thing, dumb f**ks dragging ya down is another. Some figure it out some need help.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
All i know is if what you have to say is true then aldon needs some guidance or maybe an epiphany (sp) about what's most important.

Helping friends out is one thing, dumb f**ks dragging ya down is another. Some figure it out some need help.

I agree with you completely. But it's not like he was by himself. Delaine and Dixon were both there. But I know what you mean. He needs to grow up fast.
Mexican rival gangs like bloods and crips

b***hes ain't s**t but ho's and tricks

It's funny, this was my exact thought when I heard Aldon was stabbed at a party (fight between surenos and nortenos). Not saying this story is true, it's just the first thing I thought of. Nortenos "claim red". So, due to being from norcal and red being their color, lots of nortenos are niner fans. Surenos "claim blue" and are from socal, so many are Raider fans.

As the niners have languished over the years, so have their ticket prices...making attending games more appealing to a different socio economic class. It's been good in that we get more blue collar people at the games (hence no more "chardonnary hole"), but there's also been a much larger contingent of the nortenos over the years. I see them in the parking lot, at the games, in larger and larger numbers over time. Until recently, from what I've seen, they drink and have a good time. They are a bit rowdy, but withinn the bounds of "normal aggressive rowdy" for an NFL game.

Then this last year, things started quickly crossing the line. Lots of fights with rival fans. Rival surenos showing up in the parking lot and at the game. I have assumed that the shootings at the Raider-Niner preseason game were sureno-norteno related (not sure if this is true, I just assumed it). It's not just niner games. In the south, Dodger games are covered in surenos. It's all around pro-sports in California.

Instead of demonizing Aldon for bad judgment, I'd much rather see the niners and other California teams educate these players on the realities of gangs and gang affiliations in California. It's a reality we live with out here, but a young pro athelete would have no reason to suspect the state of affairs in California. So, we should not judge him as though he did. Everything I have heard about Aldon is consistent with the fact that he is a high character guy. He's very young and extremely talented. I'm very glad he was not seriously hurt in this incident, and I'm sure he has learned from it. For all future new athletes in Cali, I'd really like to see frachisees expose players to a mini-syposium that educates them on some of the hidden and not-so-hidden dangers of California life. It's not all beaches and fairy tale movie endings out here.
[ Edited by Robert on Jul 5, 2012 at 10:33 AM ]
My buddy was at the party. It was his boys fault (friends from Missouri ). The started charging $10 per person. Let hella norteño and sureños in. They were abt to fight and Aldon got in the middle of it. But fight started any way Aldon got stabbed. 2 people got shot and Aldon was helping him even though he was bleeding. It's just what I heard. D lay and boobie were also there. He showed me a clip on his cell of them playin beer pong.

?
square.

I don't know Cali Mexican gangs...living on the opposite side of the country will do that to you.

Just giving you a hard time "Jeff."

?
square.

Aww leave JEFF alone, it's not cool everyone always has to mess with JEFF.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

?
square.

Aww leave JEFF alone, it's not cool everyone always has to mess with JEFF.

LEAVE JEFFREY ALONE

Originally posted by Robert:
It's funny, this was my exact thought when I heard Aldon was stabbed at a party (fight between surenos and nortenos). Not saying this story is true, it's just the first thing I thought of. Nortenos "claim red". So, due to being from norcal and red being their color, lots of nortenos are niner fans. Surenos "claim blue" and are from socal, so many are Raider fans.

As the niners have languished over the years, so have their ticket prices...making attending games more appealing to a different socio economic class. It's been good in that we get more blue collar people at the games (hence no more "chardonnary hole"), but there's also been a much larger contingent of the nortenos over the years. I see them in the parking lot, at the games, in larger and larger numbers over time. Until recently, from what I've seen, they drink and have a good time. They are a bit rowdy, but withinn the bounds of "normal aggressive rowdy" for an NFL game.

Then this last year, things started quickly crossing the line. Lots of fights with rival fans. Rival surenos showing up in the parking lot and at the game. I have assumed that the shootings at the Raider-Niner preseason game were sureno-norteno related (not sure if this is true, I just assumed it). It's not just niner games. In the south, Dodger games are covered in surenos. It's all around pro-sports in California.

Instead of demonizing Aldon for bad judgment, I'd much rather see the niners and other California teams educate these players on the realities of gangs and gang affiliations in California. It's a reality we live with out here, but a young pro athelete would have no reason to suspect the state of affairs in California. So, we should not judge him as though he did. Everything I have heard about Aldon is consistent with the fact that he is a high character guy. He's very young and extremely talented. I'm very glad he was not seriously hurt in this incident, and I'm sure he has learned from it. For all future new athletes in Cali, I'd really like to see frachisees expose players to a mini-syposium that educates them on some of the hidden and not-so-hidden dangers of California life. It's not all beaches and fairy tale movie endings out here.

Good points.

The fact that we had more incidents at the stadium is analogous to the outside world. Aldon Smith had no reason to consider the idea that gangbangers would have the desire to show up at his party.
But like you said, they're becoming more and more involved in mainstream culture, especially sports.

There is no way for Aldon or his friends to have had any idea that this could happen. It makes sense if you live in California, and understand how that type of incident could easily happen. I don't know much about Missouri, but I'm guessing it's like a different planet compared to California.

On that same note, I'm betting a DUI is probably not seen of as big of a deal in Missouri (Let's look it up).
So I open up the Wikipedia article, and guess what? The first words on the page say, "The alcohol laws of Missouri are among the most permissive in the United States, ...".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Missouri

Aldon just doesn't understand where he is or who he is right now. No one is really there to explain it to him. And no, having Michael Irvin squawking on stage about "leaving the ghetto behind" is not what I mean.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jul 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone